Jump to content
    Lugh
  • Author
  • 890 Words
  • 2,451 Views
  • 0 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Spirit and Space - Prologue. Introduction

The Watcher

The watcher sat motionless for more than an hour thinking his future. It was time to mark the chosen and begin their training, but he had no idea who they were or where. In the past they had been grouped closely together, this time however they could be anywhere... Only the calling would tell. They would be five years old as demanded by the ritual. The sun began it's slow ascension above the mountain bathing one of the twin waterfalls in light, but keeping the other in darkness as was required also. He stood facing the east, one foot in the water, the other on dry land, in his left hand he held the conjured flame and in the right he conjured the dust devil. Suddenly the spirit shadow of a small boy stepped out of the water near the base of the waterfall -- the essence of water embodied in a young child. Then a second rose from the dirt at his feet... Earth. A face appeared in the flame and a body with it was Light appeared followed by Storms emerging form the dust devil. The four looked at each other and acknowledged their rebirth as it had been centuries ago. The watcher smiled at the four, his predecessor told him there would be another this time... And to wait for him to come because there was no way to call him, instead the gathering of the four would bring him.

Light looked at his brothers and raised his hands in the air... Water placed his palm on his brother's and offered the other to Storms who took it as earth completed the circle, linking Storms back to Light. As soon as the hands were clasped, a vortex grew between the waifs... It spiraled black then white, spun faster, and faster... Eventually splitting into two separate beings. Then there was silence as the six studied each to her without words, and then the lessons began. When it was said and done the four elementals he knew went back to their bodies the way they came... The other two, however, joined hands, merged, and disappeared together.

Gypsy & Kazander, age 5

Krayton looked at his little brother and was so proud of him. Most guys would be jealous, but not Kray, at least not over Zander. His brother was smaller than many other boys and had been since he was a little guy. His parents enrolled him in tykwando when he was three years old because of his size, now at five, his brother was taking the regional peewee champs. Kray didn't know how he kept so focused, but he did, and it was amazing to watch.

Zander enjoyed the competition, it was a challenge to him but this match seemed different... Up until now he fought. With this boy he felt so in tune with everything. Each of his partners had been worthy adversaries and he had enjoyed the challenge of winning. This time he and his adversary seemed to dance. Zander was dressed in white, while the other boy wore black. Zander's blond hair was cut in a military tradition, while the other's black hair, which had never known a blade, was tied back in a thong. Neither scored points on the other the whole match, it would come down to technique. However, the judges couldn't decide between them, so they both won.

"I'm Zander. What's your name?" He had gone over to congratulate his opponent. He put his hand out as if to shake. The other boy raised his hand shoulder height, palm out.

"I am Gypsy." Zander looked him in the eye and placed his palm on the other boy's palm. When their eyes and skin connected the entire rest of the world was gone for them. Zander saw colors around everything, bright and almost malleable. Gypsy saw webs, akin to spider's webs, interconnecting the people around him. He saw how they fit together and how they worked together. Fro him the web was malleable as he thought about strands connecting him and Zander they formed. One of his teammates was trying to send strands toward Gypsy. Scout was eight years old, Gypsy allowed them to form, not yet knowing how they would be important. Then he and Zander seemed to move physically... But their bodies hadn't moved. They went higher and higher... Zander saw auras around all living things and Gypsy saw their webs. Zander saw bright points that interested him. Gypsy saw four focal points in his webbing. Neither knew the significance of what was happening. Out and out they went until they were floating above the moon. The planets had auras as well, that was really scary for Zander, but Gypsy saw such interconnections throughout the universe he was awed. They spiraled back to their bodies and to looking one another in the eye. Gypsy lowered his hand and Zander broke skin contact, but their eyes remained locked. Zander saw the universe in Gypsy's eyes and Gypsy saw a reflection of himself as Zander saw him in Zander's eyes.

The whole incident took less than a minute, but it would never be forgotten. Paths were set that would take the boys to their destinies... The work of the watcher was done until the second awakening in eight years.

Copyright © 2010 Lugh; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 4
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..