Jump to content
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Doodles of the Mind - 1. Like Those Men

This is a short story about a young gay schoolboy's coming of age set in 20th Century Sydney, Australia.

I was about fifteen, maybe sixteen, something like that. My body had just about lost all traces of past puppy fat as it stretched across longer limbs and developing muscle. As a schoolboy I was only now beginning to notice the attention I was getting from the girls around my own age. I even imagined that some men shared that interest. After all this was Sydney. And I knew some men in Sydney were like that.

I remember the exact day and every detail of that afternoon. I was on my usual train coming home from school seated on the long bench seats that stretch the length of the lower levels when I noticed this guy getting on the train one stop before my final destination.

He was in his twenties, tall and very blonde, with a dark tan and a well-defined athletic build. He was dressed simply in a muscle shirt, straight cut denim jeans and sneakers. Nothing about his clothes said anything particular about him but something about the way he moved, the way he stepped off the platform and through the doors of the train spoke volumes to me. He was one of those men.

He walked over to the bench and sat beside me. As the train moved unsteadily away from the station I could feel the pressure of his thigh brush against mine. Each time the carriage jolted and rolled I could feel his thigh. Suddenly I had an erection. I knew men got that way about other men but I didn’t know I did.

Eventually the train arrived to a halt at my station. The guy, this stranger, got up and got off, but I sat frozen. As the train moved off from the platform all I could do was listen to the sound of my own breath slowing.

I guess it was then, in that moment, I awoke from childhood and discovered who I was. I was like those men.

This is a complete work of fiction.
Copyright © 2014 Mark Anthony Holland; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 2
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Very good start to the story, Mark Anthony. :)

 

The chapter was short but well written and engaging. I'm looking forward to the second installment. :)

  • Like 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..