Jump to content
    Myr
    • Classic Author
  • 1,836 Words
  • 3,598 Views
  • 6 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction that combine worlds created by the original content owner with names, places, characters, events, and incidents that are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously, and any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, organizations, companies, events or locales are entirely coincidental.
Authors are responsible for properly crediting Original Content creator for their creative works.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Recognized characters, events, incidents belong to J.K. Rowling, Warner Bro / Discovery, WB Games and subsidiaries. <br>   <br>

Three-Edged Sword (a Harry Potter Story) - 5. Toad Woman, Swamped

George woke up yet again to an intense stare. This time the stare had some serious daggers in it. The daggers probably were justly deserved this time. George chose not to move at all today. It was best if Draco handled his godfather this time.

“Uncle Severus, we discussed this yesterday. Get out and stay out!” Draco bellowed shortly after. George cringed but really did not want to look.

It sounded like Professor Snape was building up one hell of a head of steam before an explosion of epic proportions.

George opened his eyes. Snape was glaring at him. He gestured imperiously at George to lift the covers. George did not. But Draco did.

Draco flashed his godfather with both of their naked bodies.

Severus turned red and growled, “Bloody hormonal teenagers!” He stomped out of the room, slamming the door behind him.

“That was an interesting way to wake up, wasn’t it George?” Draco asked lightly.

“I hope that is the last time I have to wake to him being in my face,” George let out a long-suffering sigh.

“I’m sure he’s scarred for life after seeing the two of us naked together.”

“One can only hope Draco,” George responded gravely before cracking up into giggles.

* * *

Draco and George settled into a comfortable pattern over the next few months. As Ministry of Magic’s High Inquisitor and Defense Against the Dark Arts Professor Dolores Umbridge ramped up her reign of terror on the school, George and Fred ramped up their efforts in making joke products.

“Are you finally going to tell me what your grand project is?” Draco asked after George looked up from his potions.

“What makes you think you should know now?”

“It is obvious by the ‘cat just got the canary’ look on your face that you have either completed your project or made a major breakthrough that will let you complete it. I’m your trusted boyfriend. Isn’t it long past time you told me?”

“You won’t tell another living soul?” George asked gravely.

“Of course not, you ginger twit. The only people I talk to these days besides you are your twin and Harry Potter.”

“Twit, am I?” George asked leaping over the bench and capturing Draco unprepared.

“Are you going to spank me?” Draco purred at George.

“No you Slytherin kinky bint.”

“Bint?!” He turned red and was about to start a tirade when George smiled and locked his lips over Draco’s, preventing the tirade from starting.

“I hate when you do that,” Draco sighed five minutes later when they finally separated for air.

“Do what?”

“I don’t remember.”

“Who says you need a wand to cast an effective Obliviate?”

“What are you working on?”

“Fred and I are working on several major products, actually. The one I’ve been spending the most time on is one that I’m planning on using on that Death Eater supporter, Umbridge.”

“What is it then?”

“We’ve created a combination of things that will create a portable swamp. For that toad-faced troll, we’ve added some things that are dangerous to toads.”

“How big would the swamp be?” Draco asked in surprise.

“Large enough to block the bitch in her office until someone could figure out how to banish it. All the normal spells, of course, cause it to double in size.”

Draco stared with wide eyes at his lover. “That is bloody brilliant George.”

“Thanks. You do know that you are sounding more Gryffindor every day. I must be rubbing off on you.”

“Last I checked you were rubbing yourself off in me,” Draco said very dryly.

“Touché, mi amore,” George smiled at his blond lover.

“Fred did the charm work that prevents it from being banished away easily?”

“Yes. He used the same thing for our new fireworks as well. They should be extremely popular.”

“What else has Fred been working on?”

“He’s been doing the charm work on some really special candy. The Gryffindors have been using it to escape from her Defense Against the Dark Arts lectures.”

* * *

A late Saturday evening found the twins lounging with their respective boyfriends in the room next to George’s lab. They had cleared it out and made it into a clubhouse of sorts. Harry was idly scratching his right hand and it attracted Draco’s attention.

“What’s wrong with your hand Harry?” Draco asked, but the quirk of his eyebrow was enough to state that he knew very well what was wrong with his hand.

“Nothing,” Harry replied quickly and tried to move his hand, only to have it snatched by Fred.

“I must not tell lies. What the hell is this Harry?” Fred demanded all traces of humor missing from his face.

Harry looked down, ashamed to say anything.

“Draco, what is it?” Fred demanded, having noticed that Draco knew what it was.

“It looks like someone has been making him write lines with a Blood Quill.”

Fred turned an angry red before demanding sharply, “Who Harry?”

“Umbridge,” Harry replied after a few moments of tense silence. He wouldn’t look anyone in the eye.

“When?” Fred asked, his eyes narrowing in his anger.

“During the detentions.”

“And why didn’t you tell me?” Fred asked, calming slightly.

“I didn’t want you to get in trouble and Dumbledore is avoiding me. If he won’t protect his golden boy, there was no way he was going to protect you,” Harry replied, looking tired and broken.

“We WILL fix this, won’t we mates?” Fred asked, staring at George and Draco.

“Of course,” George said quietly.

“I would very much like to see Umbridge pay as well,” Draco replied firmly.

 * * *

All four boys began work on the project to destroy Umbridge and her support at Hogwarts. Fred and George intensified their joke product research using the funds that Harry provided from his Tri-Wizard Tournament win.

Harry and Draco focused on Dumbledore’s Army. They trained their fellow students in Defense against the Dark Arts and in dueling, since they weren’t learning it from the Bitch Umbridge.

*  * *

Draco and George were resting quietly in Draco’s small flat. Draco was feeling uncomfortable with something floating unsaid between the two.

“George. What is going on? I know you’re feeling guilty about something.”

“Fred and I have finally figured out how to get our ultimate revenge against Umbridge and get her away from this school.”

“Let’s hear it then,” Draco replied cautiously.

“We’re going to hit her on all fronts until a grand finale when we interrupt the OWLs.”

“Then what?” he asked, getting a bad feeling in the pit of his stomach.

“This is the hardest part for both of us. We’re going to leave school to start our business in earnest. Weasley’s Wizard Wheezes will finally become a reality.”

“What about me?” Draco asked in a very small voice after several minutes of silence.

“You’ll be moving in with me as soon as school lets out. Until then, you’ll be taking over all of our duties from Dumbledore, along with Seamus Finnegan. Harry will help as well, but he won’t be in charge like you will be.”

“I… you’re leaving me in charge?” he asked after it registered.

“That is my desire and Dumbledore agreed.”

“You think I can do this?” Draco asked, feeling surprised.

“I’m certain you can do this. I know you’ll do a good job for me too. You know how important all this is.”

“I do. I will. I’m going to miss you.”

“I will miss you something awful as well. But it will only be a month and then you’ll be living with me.”

“How did you get around my parents?”

“Dumbledore was able to use Blaise’s letter to emancipate you from your parents and bring half the Malfoy fortune with you. When you leave school, you’ll be doing so as a legal adult and you’ll already be controlling half your fortune. The other half will be coming to you as soon as your father has passed on or the Ministry catches him in the act.”

“They trust me with this?”

“Apparently, despite all the wild press about Harry, having him stand beside you with the Weasley Clan, given our history together, was more than enough. People have a very hard time telling Harry no when they go face to face with him. He exudes power like few others. The fact that he is unaware of it only makes that more frightening for people. They add up quickly just how scary Harry Potter would be if he was deliberately drawing and using magic, like they know he would to protect his family.”

Draco sighed, moved forward far enough to lay his head on George’s shoulder. “Who would ever have believed that I would think of Harry Potter as my brother?”

“The two of you have always had a passionate rivalry. Now it is a passionate friendship. I don’t think Harry ever does anything half way.”

Draco chuckled, “I think you’re right about that. I support your plan, though I’m not at all pleased I won’t be seeing you for four weeks.”

“It will make our reunion all the stronger.”

“Yes, it will.”

* * *

The exit that Fred and George Weasley planned would go down forever in Hogwarts History. They managed to sufficiently shake up the school that Umbridge lost her hold on the school and her sanity.

They started at the beginning of the week by deploying the nastiest portable swamp in their arsenal. The entire floor that contained Umbridge’s Defense Against the Dark Arts classroom was covered in one of the meanest swamps on Earth. The area near the door was an alligator nest and several very large alligators where snapping at anyone approaching the door.

Fred and George and made sure that no students were around and that Umbridge was in her office when they triggered it.

Umbridge, of course, tried the usual spells to banish the swamp, which only caused it to belch stronger fumes and more swarms of insects, which promptly started to feast on her.

The other professors, intrigued by the prank, visited long enough to see how nasty it was and to laugh and chuckle at her misfortune.

She was stuck there for nearly the week.

The day she returned, every student in every class came down with violent, controllable vomiting. Most of them also seemed to be projectile in nature aiming at the toad woman.

Then, Fred and George set off their fireworks. The professors, were all impressed. Everyone except Umbridge.

As Fred and George flew off into the skies of Scotland, two boys watched with sadness.

* * *

“So Draco, with George and Fred gone from the school, we’re going to need to take over on the pranks. What do you say? Partners?” Harry asked, extending his hand to Draco.

After a very long pause, Draco smirked and grabbed a hold of Harry’s hand and shook on it.

Hogwarts was never the same.

The End.

© 1997-2022 J.K. Rowling, Bloomsbury Publishing, Scholastic Press; All Rights Reserved; J.K Rowling owns the Harry Potter stuff, the story is mine.
  • Like 13
  • Love 2
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction that combine worlds created by the original content owner with names, places, characters, events, and incidents that are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously, and any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, organizations, companies, events or locales are entirely coincidental.
Authors are responsible for properly crediting Original Content creator for their creative works.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Recognized characters, events, incidents belong to J.K. Rowling, Warner Bro / Discovery, WB Games and subsidiaries. <br>   <br>
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Thanks, Myr for a delightful story. I have enjoyed re-reading it every bit as much as I enjoyed it the first time. I had a good chuckle several times, but broke into a rather loud guffaw when you had poor Ron put his two knuts into the conversation! Thanks for that :rofl: I've no idea why I neglected to give you likes for every chapter before, but I have rectified that and hope that you will forgive me.

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
Link to comment
  • Site Administrator
On 07/15/2015 03:05 AM, BrianM said:

Thanks, Myr for a delightful story. I have enjoyed re-reading it every bit as much as I enjoyed it the first time. I had a good chuckle several times, but broke into a rather loud guffaw when you had poor Ron put his two knuts into the conversation! Thanks for that :rofl: I've no idea why I neglected to give you likes for every chapter before, but I have rectified that and hope that you will forgive me.

Brian, I'm glad you enjoyed it and thanks for the review!

  • Like 2
Link to comment

This was great. I loved the ending... always hated that bitch! I've really enjoyed going through all these HP fanfics, Myr... thanks for sharing... cheers... Gary....

  • Like 2
  • Love 1
Link to comment

Excellent story!!! I absolutely LOVED it!!! I truly enjoyed the whole story reading it the whole way through in one quick sitting.  You've definitely left a smile on my face.  Thanks for sharing your amazing writing skills with us.  

  • Love 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..