Jump to content
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

The Dame - 18. Epilogue

I love a happy ending!
“Dorothy, do you want to sit on the blanket?”
 
The sun’s reflection off the water was blinding but with my sunglasses I could still watch Seth splashing in the waves with his nephew. Wearing nothing but a pair of swimming shorts, he looked like a sun god glistening and magnetic. I couldn’t take my eyes off him, this gorgeous man.
 
I turned around to reply, “I’ll just sit here by the water for a bit.”
 
Seth’s mother had laid a blanket on the beach along with a lunch basket for at least ten people. The whole Graham family was visiting for the long summer weekend and when Seth asked me to join him, I had my doubts. He didn’t.
 
Only a few months ago I never dreamed our affair would have lasted this long. Between blackmail, threats, murder and all the danger, I was afraid he’d light out as soon as it was over. Yet here we are together on the shores of the Chesapeake Bay. With his family.
 
Then Seth was sitting on the sand next to me, his arm around my shoulders. “Hey, beautiful.”
 
“Looks like you’re having fun.”
 
He stared at me, his grin changing to something more intense, “I am. You?”
 
“Last night certainly was fun.” Was I blushing?
 
He snuck into my room late and barely made it out before his parents rose this morning.
 
“I was thinking next time we’ll get our own cabin nearby.”
 
“Oh, the scandal What will your mother say?”
 
“Show up with a ring and I think she’ll get over it.”
 
“A ring? You presume too much, Mr. Graham. What kind of gal do you think I am?”
 
He laughed then jumped up and walked over to the blanket, picked up the camera he’d packed for the trip. Positioning himself down by the water, he turned to take my picture. I smiled and flung my arms out wide, allowing the breeze to blow my hair wildly.
 
“Seth, let me get a picture of you two.”
 
After giving the camera to his mother, Seth reached out a hand to pull me up into his arms. I tossed my sunglasses onto the sand and looked into a face glowing with a wide smile. Gosh, this man is happy. Still hard for me to believe I found someone I make happy - all of me makes happy.
 
“Smile ”
 
When I turned to face the camera, Seth whispered in my ear, “I love you, David. You’ll always be my dame.”
 
 
THE END
 
Thank you, thank you, thank you for reading. I loved writing it and knowing someone was waiting helped me finally find that finish line. :P
 
Copyright © 2017 Natasha Chesterbrook; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 4
  • Love 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Thank you, Natasha, for a fun story with great characters! I especially liked the HEA. You should write more stories. Jeff

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 03/14/2017 05:37 AM, JeffreyL said:

Thank you, Natasha, for a fun story with great characters! I especially liked the HEA. You should write more stories. Jeff

Thank you! Glad you liked it. I've already started my next one. Hopefully I'll get out soon.

  • Like 1
Link to comment

What a great story, Natasha! I truly enjoyed it; you had me sitting on the edge of my seat from the beginning! :)

 

I'm glad Seth and Dorothy/David are in this for the long haul. :)

 

I can't wait to read more from you. =)

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 03/16/2017 03:09 PM, Lisa said:

What a great story, Natasha! I truly enjoyed it; you had me sitting on the edge of my seat from the beginning! :)

 

I'm glad Seth and Dorothy/David are in this for the long haul. :)

 

I can't wait to read more from you. =)

Thanks for reading it! I loved writing it but knowing someone is reading makes a huge difference. You guys have been awesome! :)

  • Like 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..