Jump to content
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Angel's Tears - Prologue. Prologue - The Dream

This story started as a dream. The prologue is the dream but edited.As a note: this text is unedited and probably contains alot of typos and mistakes. Please excuse this.

"I bet I can go higher!"

"No you can't, I can!"

The chains connected to the old swing creaked even louder as we kicked our feet even harder. The wind rushed in my hair and over my face. When my swing went forward, I imagined wings sprouting from my back. It felt like, if I were to let go of those chains. I would fly away. I was in paradise.

"NO, DAMIEN, DONT!"

Her scream pushed me out of my dreamland, I lost my concentration and let go of the chains. My wings were gone and i was falling straight down. Did I panic? No. Why would i? The sky was my domain.

I didn't, but she did. Her blood curdling scream would have woken the dead if we had been near any.

I looked down and saw the top bar of the metal swing rushing up to meet me. At the very last second, i reached out my hand and brushed the cold metal. The swing of my arm flipped the rest of my body around and i landed in the sand on my feet.

I felt amazing, like I had just landed from a long flight and my sister was rushing to meet me. She sure was rushing to me, but for a different reason.

"By God, please be okay."

That's when my feet decided they didn't want to hold me up. She caught my arms before I collapsed and carried me over, out of the sand, and laid me down on my back.

I was about to struggle away when I noticed who else was running to meet me. The old priest was out of breath by the time he reached us. I knew from experience what would happen if i struggled now.

And so, I laid there while my sister told the old bastard what had happened. I tuned her out quickly enough. When she finished he knelt down beside me with a worried look on his face and drew a crowned cross on my forehead with his finger. Not wanting to look at the man any longer, I let my head lull to the side facing away from him.

The second swing was empty. My friends were now sitting on the gravel, watching the usual show unfolding. By the reaction evident in their eyes I was able to judge the severity of the old pricks judgment.

Then their eyes grew to the size of baseballs. I had never seen anyones eyes that big. It scared me. I slowly turned my head to see the priest hovering over me, muttering and holding a knife.

It had a wicked looking blade and he was about to plunge it deep into my chest.

This story started as a dream. The prologue is the dream but edited.As a note: this text is unedited and probably contains alot of typos and mistakes. Please excuse this.
Don't forget to go to my Topic and tell me what you think!
Copyright © 2012 PhoenixFlames; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 2
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..