Jump to content
    reychop
  • Author
  • 1,347 Words
  • 797 Views
  • 0 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Yami no Kotoba ~Mirrors of the Past~ - 1. Chapter 1: The Awakening

-o-o-o-

Chapter 1: The Awakening

-o-o-o-

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

Summary: Two factions exists. Pure, untainted, proud. When these two factions collide, a threat to the very fabric of their traditions awakened them. Witness the resurrection of human love and sentiment in this loveless world.

-o-o-o-

Sparkling, shiny, metallic. The sturdy domed city of Block A-1 epitomizes beauty in every right. Enshrouded in eternal twilight, its purplish glow earned it a nickname of “The Violet Gardens” throughout the land.

Sean gave a sigh of relief as he reached the massive white metallic gates of Block A-1. The day have been tiring and just seeing the satellite hovering above his beloved city melted the fatigue away.

He spent time admiring the city. After a thousand times of going in and out through this gate, he never gets tired of appreciating the sheer workmanship that the white pearly gate possess. It might lack the intricate patterns and complicated carvings that his room possessed. But its massive size and the metallic glow of its surface exude a mystical pull that invites the viewer to look beyond its simple facade.

The green orb on the door's surface glowed, bringing him out of his thoughts.

“Hi, Sean. Just slot in your I.D card on that slot and you're good to go. Sorry it took me too long to notice you.” A nervous laugh melodiously flowed out of the speaker.

Sean can only shake his head.

“It's fine Sam. I got caught up admiring the gates.”

The other line laughed. “Again? That's getting old.”

“Nope.” He grinned. “It's beautiful. And each time I look at it, it only gets even more magnificent.”

“Whatever.” The other jokingly replied. “Just get in. It's time for your shift. This office is always cramped. Plus, I want to eat.”

Sean repressed a chuckle. But failing, he covered his mouth and let out a few giggles.

“You and your stomach. But really Sam, this door has a magnetic effect on me. It's calling me somehow, beckoning me to stare and appreciate its beauty.”

“Ugh! Don't go poetic on me. And don't waste another hour going about that gate. Now slot in your I.D so I can get out of here.”

“Fine fine.” Sean chuckled. It never gets old between them. Sam would tease him about his fascination with the gate and he would tease Sam with his weird obsession with food. Who needs it anyway? All it does is mess up their metabolic function. But Sam is strangely immune.

Not interested in the puzzle, Sean flicked his slender tail to one side as his hand reached to his breast pocket to retrieve his I.D.

After slotting it in, the green orb glowed red and a computerized voice reached their ears.

“Welcome, Sean. Glad to have you back.”

Sean smiled as he placed his I.D back on his pocket and walked in, only to be greeted with yet again one of his favorite sights. The city never loses its beauty. As the gate noisily closed itself, Sean was absorbed into another of his past time.

Block A-1 is a rare site in the world. It is hidden yet known. It is comparative to a fairy land accessible only through a magical gate. Sean smiled yet again. He know he is a dreamer. While the rest of Block A-1 is secretive and closed off, his inquisitive nature allowed him to venture out of the city without fear.

Being a gate watcher only helped him with his past time.

He ascended the stairs on the side of the secondary gates. Like all guards, he was given his own office and apartment outside the main city. While others may not be comfortable with this arrangement, it works to his own advantage. The silence of the main city always bothered him. At least, when he's on guard duty, he is able to entertain guests.

While he was inside an elevator, his sensitive ears caught a series of conversation. Twisting them around to get a better hearing, a few words finally reached his ears.

“...heard that the elders are inviting outsiders.”

“What? Why would they be interested in us?”

“I don't know. But the captain had been ranting since this morning about the hassle. It is expected that the visitors arrive next week. As for their agenda, it is not yet clear what they wanted.”

“I guess we'll leave it at that. We'll have to be more vigilant though. I heard that the elders are worried about the visitor's activity within our borders. It is said that observation probes and robots have been detected and this worried them. Not to mention the cloaked observation bases.”

“So they intend to observe us when they rejected us years ago?” The voice is filled with hatred, bitterness. Sean couldn't make out the speakers. He wasn't a regular here. In fact, he usually spend his free time outside.

“I don't know. But whatever it is, I know that the Pure ones have ill intentions. I wonder if--” Just at that moment, the elevator opened, revealing to Sean who were talking.

“Hey Sean! Sam is waiting for you. You're always late!” Rin's voice greeted him as he exited the elevator. It's funny how the mood easily changed.

Sean laughed. “I'm sorry, Rin. I got distracted.”

“Distracted by the outside world again? How many times do--”

“-you have to tell me that it's not safe outside. The outsider's are growing more and more active and it's not good being alone. I know Rick. But don't you wonder what it's like out there?”

Rick gave me a weird look.

“Come on, Sean. We consider you a family. We are only concerned. The growing activity of the outsiders and the increasing number of tourists is worrying. While it is good that they are finally opening to us, we still have to be careful.”

Sean sighed, losing his usual cheer. “I know, Rick. I'm sorry. I'll be on time next time.”

The other smiled and ruffled his golden hair. “That's good, kid. Well, I guess we better be off. We have another meeting with the captain. Don't worry, we'll be filling you in with the details later.”

The couple waved at him as the elevator started closing. Once they're gone, Sean resumed his walk towards the gate's observation chamber.

“Hey Sam!”

“Sean! I've been waiting for you! Don't you know how hard it is to sit here all day? And where were you? Frolicking outside. You can't even share your best friend's pain.” Sam's black eyes stared at him.

Sean laughed and slapped the other's back. He lead the other to a nearby table and made him comfortable.

“Relax Sam. You know how I am. And I know how you feel. But, the observatory's the best place to work at. Trust me.”

“Hmp!” Sam pouted and grabbed at Sean's tail, pulling the other close to him as he whispered to his ear.

“Just so you know, I'm mad at you.” Sean gasped as Sam licked his ear. But he easily recovered as he pulled something out of his pockets.

“Aw. Calm down Sam. I have something for you.”

Sam loosened his grip as he looked excitedly at the small box his best friend produced.

“I collected something from the forest. I know you'll like them.”

Sam's eyes widened as he opened the box.

“Blue berries! My favorite! I guess you're forgiven for now. But next time you're late, you're taking my shift.”

Sean can only grin as a response as he watched his best friend eat. Still, there's a lingering thought within him that bothers him. He trust Rick and Rin. But there's something about their conversation that unnerved him.

Somehow, the thought of those visitors visiting them sent chills to his spine. He just can't figure out why.

Copyright © 2011 reychop; All Rights Reserved.
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..