Jump to content
    Ronyx
  • Author
  • 5,043 Words
  • 3,792 Views
  • 8 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

A Delicate Situation - 23. Chapter 23

/

Seth came out of his room a little after seven. He was dressed and ready for class. He stopped and looked down at us. I was still comfortably wrapped in Wes’s strong arms.

Wes looked up and asked, “What time is it?”

Seth looked at the clock and replied, “Seven-twelve.”

“Shit!” Wes exclaimed as he jumped from bed. “I’ve got a psych class at eight-thirty.” He rose naked from the bed. Seth glanced over at me with a puzzled look. Wes asked, “Can I take a shower here? I don’t have time to get back to my dorm and clean up.”

“Sure,” replied Seth. “Clean towels are in the cabinet under the sink.” Wes thanked him and closed the bathroom door.

Seth sat down on the bed and picked my underwear off the floor. My face began to redden because he knew I had sex with Wes the night before.

“I know it’s none of my business,” he said as he handed me the underwear. I struggled to put them on under the covers. “But are you sure you’re ready for this?”

I nodded my head and said, “I think so.”

“Don’t you think maybe you should wait a little while,” he suggested. “You’re going through a lot right now. Do you really think it’s wise to add sex on top of everything else?”

I sat up in bed. “It’s not just sex,” I assured him. “We love each other.”

Seth shook his head and looked at the clock. “I’ve got to go, or I’ll be late. Will you be here when I get out of class?”

“I don’t know,” I replied. “My father may try to force me to go home.”

He stood and looked down at me. “Call me if you need me, okay?”

“I don’t have a phone,” I reminded him. “He cut the service, remember?”

“Fucker,” spat Seth. He removed his phone from his pants and handed it to me. “Here, take mine.”

“What will you use?” He explained that he was going upstairs to get Sydney’s phone. Since she and Jade attended the same classes as me, then they could share Jade’s phone.

“Call me on Sydney’s phone,” he said. I nodded as he headed out the door.

A few minutes later, Wes came naked out of the bathroom. I stared at him as he toweled his hair dry. “Like what you see?” He grinned when he saw me staring at him.

“Yeah,” I replied as I pulled back the cover and showed him my erect cock.

He walked over, leaned down and kissed me as he gave it a quick tug. “As much as I would love to do something, I can’t,” he said with a frown. “I have a test to take, and I can’t miss class.” He looked up at the clock.

“It’s okay,” I said as I reached out and gently gripped his limp cock. It instantly started to harden. When I leaned forward to take it into my mouth, he laughed and jumped back.

“Oh no you don’t, you perv,” he giggled. “We’ll have plenty of time later.” He looked down and wiggled his eyebrows. “I’ll make it up to you.”

“You better,” I pouted. He leaned down and kissed me once again. He made sure he stood back far enough so I couldn’t try to fondle him again.

Before leaving, we talked about what I should do. It was too risky for me to stay in my dorm room. We were afraid my mother might again try to find me. Wes thought it was best if he called his mother and let her come get me. He disappeared into Seth’s room. I could hear him talking, but I couldn’t make out what he was saying. A few minutes later, he emerged and informed me of the plan he and his mother had devised.

“I’m going to class,” he stated. “You’re to wait here until ten.” He looked up at the clock. “That’s two hours. At exactly ten, go outside and she’ll be waiting in the parking lot. You were in her car last night, so you know what she drives.” I nodded my head. “She’s going to take you to a mall, buy you some clothes and then take you to my room.”

“I don’t have any money,” I replied. “I can’t let her buy me things.”

He started laughing. “She’s excited about doing it,” he said. “She loves the idea that she’s involved in some covert operation.”

“Covert operation?”

He laughed again and explained, “I told her you were on the lam from the secret service, and that they wanted to kidnap you against your will.”

“It does sound rather bizarre,” I replied. “My own mother trying to kidnap me.”

“Great for the tabloids,” he laughed. “You should sell the story to them.”

“I don’t think so,” I replied. “I’ve caused enough problems already.”

Wes walked over and wrapped me in his arms. “None of this is your fault,” he said reassuringly.

“I know,” I replied with a sigh as I enjoyed the security of his arms. He leaned down and kissed me.

“I better go,” he frowned. “I really want to be with you today, but I can’t miss this test.”

“Okay,” I said as he leaned down and kissed me again. “I’ll see you later in your room.” After another quick kiss, he left.

I wanted to play a video game until Mrs. Hayes arrived, but the secret service had taken my laptop. Since I had almost two hours until she arrived, I turned on the television. The channel was on CNN from the night before, and my arrest still seemed to be the major news event. Two people I didn’t recognize were arguing if my arrest was justified.

I went to the bathroom to shower. When I returned, the newscaster said a new story was developing. Scrolling at the bottom of the screen was an announcement that the Board of Trustees of the university had met in an executive session and was now demanding the resignation of Dr. Avery and the campus police chief.

I sat on the sofa and watched as they showed repeated footage of Dr. Avery nodding to the police chief to pepper spray us. When the station went into a commercial, I put on the clothes I had been wearing the day before and waited for Mrs. Hayes to arrive.

At nine-thirty, someone pounded on my door. My heart started racing because I was sure it was the secret service returning. Then I heard Brian shouting my name. “Dorian!” he yelled as he continued to pound on the door. “Are you in there?”

I cautiously opened the door, and he rushed in. “Quick!” he shouted as he grabbed my arm and pulled me out into the hall. “We gotta get you out of here.”

I asked nervously, “Why?”

“I was returning from class,” he informed me, “and I saw your mother’s caravan driving up.” He pulled me to his room, shoved me inside and slammed the door. Seconds later, we could hear voices in the hallway.

“That was close,” he said nervously as he walked over and sat down on his bed. I sat down beside him.

“Thanks,” I said appreciatively.

He looked over worriedly. “We have to get you out of the building. Since your arrest last night, that’s all anyone is talking about. News vans are circling the campus looking for you. They are stopping everybody and getting their reaction.”

Suddenly, my phone began to ring. It was my mother. She must have reconnected my service so she could find me. When Brian asked me why I wasn’t answering it, I told him I couldn’t. It was almost ten, and I had to meet Mrs. Hayes in the parking lot. I told Brian I needed to get out of the dorm so she could get me off campus.

“Wait here,” he said as he opened the door and scanned the hall. “Don’t do anything until I come back.” I nodded as he closed the door and locked it. Seth’s phone started ringing. When I noticed it was Jade, I answered it. She asked me if I was all right, and I explained what was going on. She said she would come help me, but I told her Brian was working on a plan, and I’d probably be gone by the time she arrived. I promised I would call her once I was safely from the dorm.

Ten minutes later, Brian returned. He was pushing a large box on a dolly. I asked, “What’s that?”

He opened the top and ordered me to, “Get in.”

“What?” I asked excitedly.

“It’s the only way to get you out of the building unnoticed,” he explained. “I’m always moving things in and out of the dorm, so no one will pay any attention. Now get in.” He took me by my arm and helped me into the box. I curled up inside while he closed the top. He tapped on the side and told me we were leaving. I remained quiet as he opened the door and wheeled me down the hall. I had no idea where he was taking me.

Suddenly, we stopped and he opened the top. I stood up and looked around. “Where are we?”

“In the supply room,” he said. He helped me out of the box and opened a door. “There’s an alley out back that leads to Market Street. I’ve got a friend who has an apartment there. I called her and she’s waiting for us.” He grabbed my arm and we started running down the hallway. I kept looking back to make sure we weren’t being followed. We ran about two blocks until we came to a small apartment house. When Brian led me around back, someone opened the door and we rushed inside.

A young woman in a sweatshirt and jeans stood staring at me. “Jesus!” she exclaimed as she looked over at Brian. “This isn’t who I think it is?”

“Yep,” replied Brian as he put his arm around me. “Meet Dorian Gale.” I put out my hand, and she shook it as she continued to stare at me.

“You’re all over the news,” she exclaimed excitedly. She looked over at Brian again and asked, “What’s he doing here?”

He explained how we had to get me out of the dorm. She was worried that she might be arrested for harboring a criminal until Brian assured her the police weren’t looking for me, only the secret service.

“Secret Service!” she shrieked. “That’s worse than the police.”

Brian laughed as we sat down at a small kitchen table. “We have to get you some place safe,” he said. I then told him that I was supposed to meet Mrs. Hayes in the parking lot. It was almost ten thirty, so I was sure she had pulled away and left me. I quickly texted Wes and asked him for his mother’s phone number. He didn’t respond for about fifteen minutes. I knew I had interrupted his test, and he would probably have to wait until after class to respond.

I finally got a text from him: Where are you?

I texted back: I don’t know but I need to find your mother

He then texted me his mother’s phone number. When I called her, I was afraid she might not answer since she wouldn’t recognize Seth’s number. When she did, I quickly apologized for not meeting her in the parking lot, and I told her I still needed her to come get me. I handed the phone to Brian and he gave her the address and directions to where we were. Minutes later, she pulled up in front of the apartment. Brian went out first to make sure no one was observing the apartment. He motioned for me to hurry and get in the car. After hollering out a quick ‘thanks,’ I bent over in the front seat of the car as Mrs. Hayes sped away.

“What in the hell is going on, Dorian?” she asked as we drove past the university. I explained that my mother was trying to find me so she could take me home.

“She’s a bitter woman,” she remarked. “I saw it in her eyes when she came into restaurant last night.”

“I’m afraid there’s not much I can do,” I replied sadly as I remained leaning forward so no one could see me. “My parents will do anything to make me come home.”

“I’m not sure they can,” she assured me. “It would look worse if they forced you to go home. Half the country is engaged in this story.” She reached over and squeezed my arm. “You have a lot of people who support you.”

I looked up and asked surprisingly, “I do?”

“Of course you do,” she replied. “Avery and the police chief have been resigned. People are really pissed what they did at the march.” When I peeped over the top of the dashboard and noticed that we were safely away from campus, I sat back in my seat.

“So, what do you think I should do?”

She shook her head and replied, “I don’t know. Is there anyone you trust that you can call?”

“I trust you,” I said with a smile. “And Wes, and Seth, and Sydney...”

She laughed and interrupted me. “I mean like a family member, someone who can talk to your mother and father.”

“Not really,” I said. “Right now most of them are probably as upset as my father.”

“No uncles or aunts?” I shook my head. Then suddenly I had an idea.

“Leo!” I shouted. “I could call Leo. He might know what to do.” Mrs. Hayes asked me who he was, and I explained he was my father’s campaign manager and best friend. If anyone could help, it was Leo.

“Maybe we should get you some clothes first,” suggested Mrs. Hayes. “Wes told me all your things were taken from your room last night.”

“I can’t let you buy me anything,” I replied sadly. “You’ve already done enough.”

She looked over and smiled, “Not enough for my son’s boyfriend.” I looked out the window so she couldn’t see the tears in my eyes.

When we got to the mall, she suggested that I should disguise myself so no one would recognize me. “How?” I asked.

She got out of the car, opened the trunk and returned with a blue tennis visor. “Here,” she said as she handed it to me. “Pull this down over your face.” She then took off her sunglasses and handed them to me. After deciding that it would be hard for someone to recognize me, we headed into the mall.

Since it was a Wednesday morning, the mall was sparsely populated. No one seemed to notice me. A clerk in Sears asked if I was the guy on television, but I jokingly told her that I am asked that a lot. “I wish I had his money,” I laughed as Mrs. Hayes pulled me out of the store.

Two hours later, we left the mall carrying six bags of clothing. I insisted I didn’t need so much, and that I would probably be getting mine back soon, but she said she enjoyed doing it. “It’s been a few years since Wes would let me buy him anything. It was fun.” Most of the clothing came from the discounted racks. I wouldn’t let her buy me anything expensive.

We stopped at a small Mexican restaurant for lunch. After ordering, Mrs. Hayes asked me more about Leo. “Are you sure you can trust him?”

“I think so,” I replied. “He’s always been protective of my father’s image. If anyone can find a way out of this mess, he can.”

She pulled out her phone and asked for his number. “Why?” I asked skeptically.

“I want to talk to him,” she replied. “If you’re going to meet with him, I want to make sure you’ll be safe.”

“He won’t hurt me,” I assured her.

“No,” she said, “But he could force you to go home. If he does that, he’ll have to go through me first.” I laughed when she held up her fists and pretended to box. After giving her Leo’s number, she got up and went outside so I couldn’t hear their conversation.

As I waited for her to return, Seth’s phone rang. It was Sydney’s phone, so I knew it was him or her calling. “How are you?” Seth asked worriedly. “You weren’t in the room when I got back.” I explained that I was safe with Wes’s mother. We talked a few more minutes. “Call me if you need my help.”

“I will,” I assured him. The waiter brought our meal to the table. I looked out the window and saw Mrs. Hayes still on the phone. I decided I should wait for her to return before I started eating.

A few minutes later, she returned. “You should have started,” she said. “Your food is cold.”

“It’s okay,” I replied as I ate a spoonful of cold, dry beans. “What did you and Leo talk about?”

As we ate, she explained the plan she had devised. She didn’t want me to meet him alone, and she didn’t want my mother or father present. She said he had to accompany my father to a campaign stop about a hundred and fifty miles away. When it was over, he’d jump in his car and drive to the university. “He should be here around nine tonight.”

“Where are we meeting?” I was afraid he might bring along some state troopers to force me to return home.

“When I drove to see Wes when he was hospitalized,” she replied, “I would pass an old warehouse outside of town.”

I started laughing. “An old warehouse? Are we going to a clandestine meeting?”

“Yeah,” she responded excitedly. “This is the most excitement I’ve had in years.” She explained that we would watch from behind a building across the street. If Leo wasn’t alone, then we would hide until it was safe to leave.

After eating, we returned to Wes’s dorm. She went inside and made me wait in the car until she returned. I enjoyed watching her have fun. She was like a child playing a game of cops and robbers. She returned and told me that it was safe to go inside. We carried the bags up to Wes’s second floor room.

We talked for a few minutes before she said she had some things to do before the meeting with Leo. I imagined her going to an army surplus store and buying camouflaged outfits for us. She informed me she would pick me up at eight-fifteen.

Before leaving, she hugged me tightly. “I’m so glad you and Wes found each other.” When she pulled away, she was crying. “He loves you so much.” She kissed me on the cheek and left.

I lay down across Wes’s bed and fell asleep. I was exhausted. I had been asleep about three hours when someone unlocking the door awakened me. Wes walked in, noticed me curled up on the bed and tiptoed across the room.

I sat up and said, “I’m not asleep.”

He walked over and sat down beside me. “Are you all right? How did things go with my mother?” I briefly explained her plan to meet with Leo. “That sounds like Mom,” he laughed. “She loves watching spy movies on television.”

“I hope things turn out all right,” I remarked worriedly.

“It will,” he assured me. “Roll over on your stomach,” he ordered.

“Why?”

“I want to give you a massage,” he replied. “My mother used to give me back rubs after my father died.” I rolled over on my stomach while Wes straddled me and started massaging my back. It felt wonderful. I could feel the tension leaving my body. I was almost asleep when he started to pull my shirt over my head.

I asked, “What are you doing?”

“A body rub is better if you’re naked,” he replied with a sly grin.

“You just want me,” I giggled.

“Me?” He asked innocently. “Never.” Soon both of us were naked as he continued to massage my back. I could feel his erection poking against my ass. I rolled over and we started to kiss passionately.

“I love you so much,” he muttered breathlessly as he started to kiss my neck.

“Me, too,” I replied as I wrapped my legs around him.

An hour later, we were curled up together asleep. Wes’s arms were wrapped around me as I slept soundly. Someone knocking on the door suddenly awakened us.

“Shit!” Wes exclaimed as he jumped naked from the bed. “I hope it’s not Mom!” He quickly pulled on his pants and kicked the rest of his clothing under the bed. I grabbed my clothes and rushed into the bathroom.

I listened at the door to hear who was there. I then heard Seth and Sydney’s voices. I quickly dressed, and then went out into the dorm room. Wes was sitting on one bed, and Seth and Sydney were on the other. I looked down at the floor when Sydney grinned knowingly at me.

“We came to see if you guys wanted to go to dinner,” said Seth. I looked at the clock on the wall. It was almost six-thirty.

I looked at Wes and he nodded. “Sure,” I replied. “But I have to be back by eight. Wes’s mother is picking me up later.”

Sydney asked, “Why?”

“I’ll explain at dinner,” I replied. As we were walking to a nearby student diner, my phone rang. It was Jill.

“Where are you?” she asked. “You were supposed to be here at six.” I apologized for not calling her and leaving her short of help. She had seen the news, so she understood why I had decided not to work; however, she told me I still should have called. She asked if I was okay, and I assured her I was. I told her I would be at work early on Saturday.

As we ate, Sydney began to lecture me on trying to attend classes and keep a job my first year. “You weren’t in classes today,” she said. “We had a pop quiz in sociology.” I tried to assure her that once things had settled down, I’d catch up on all my class assignments.

I asked Seth if my mother or anyone else had come to our room. He said he asked Brian, and Brian told him about my escape from the dorm in a box. Wes laughed uproariously when I described how Brian had taken me out in a box, and we fled to a nearby apartment.

“You’ve had a busy day,” remarked Sydney. She looked at Wes and then me. My face reddened when she added, “In more ways than one.”

After dinner, Seth and Sydney insisted on going back to the room with Wes and me. Seth wanted to be along in case Leo tried to kidnap me and force me to return home. I told him I didn’t think that would happen, but he and Wes were determined to fight him if he attempted to drag me into his car.

Wes’s mother arrived at eight-fifteen. Sydney sat in the front, while Wes and Seth sat in the back with me in the middle seat. I thought it was rather amusing that they were acting so cavalier. I had known Leo all my life, and I knew he would never do anything to harm me. He might suggest that I return home, but he would never force me to do it.

As planned, Mrs. Hayes parked behind a building opposite the warehouse where we were to meet Leo. Seth ran around to the other side of the building so he could observe Leo’s approach. If he noticed any other cars, then he was to call Sydney.

Leo was ten minutes late. When he did pull into the parking lot, he was alone. After Seth returned to the car, Mrs. Hayes drove across the street to where he had parked. He seemed surprised that so many people were in the car. I think he was expecting only me and Mrs. Hayes to meet him. He got out of his car and approached ours.

Seth rolled down the back window when Leo gestured for him to do so. “Hello, Dorian,” he said as he looked at everyone inside the car. “Do you think we can take a walk?” He looked at everyone again before adding, “Alone?”

I looked into the front seat, and then asked, “Can Mrs. Hayes join us?” I could tell he wasn’t happy with my request, but he agreed. Seth let me out, but he stood rigid in front of Leo. Seth is rather large, but Leo was about three inches taller, and he was probably about fifty pounds heavier than Seth. Seth would be no match if he decided to confront him.

Leo put his arm around my shoulder as we walked toward the old, dilapidated warehouse. Mrs. Hayes followed us closely. “I know what you’re thinking,” Leo said when we were about ten feet from the car. “You think I’ve come to force you to return home.”

“Have you?” I asked. “Mother has already tried to do it twice. She even moved everything out of my room.”

“About that,” he said. “I’ll see to it that your things are returned right away.”

“So you’re not going to force me to go home?”

He stopped and stared down at me. “No,” he stated firmly. “I’m not going to force you to go home. You have my word on that.” I glanced quickly at Mrs. Hayes. She appeared relieved to hear him say that.

“Then why are you here?”

“I’ve come to make a truce,” he replied.

“A truce?” I asked. “I don’t understand.”

Leo explained how my involvement in the march had negatively affected the campaign. After two days of repeatedly showing my arrest, polls were beginning to indicate that the public believed that my father had somehow orchestrated Avery’s involvement in stopping the protest.

I asked, “Did he?”

“Of course not,” replied Leo. “In fact, he’s the one who influenced the board of trustees to ask for Dr. Avery’s resignation.”

“Why would he do that?”

“Because,” replied Leo, “he was as disgusted as most of America watching you being pepper sprayed and arrested.”

“Why would he care,” I replied sadly. Mrs. Hayes walked over and put her arm around me.

“You’re his son,” stated Leo. “He may not be the best father figure in the world, but you’re still his blood.”

“What about Mother trying to kidnap me last night?”

“She over-reacted,” he responded. “She was trying to protect you from getting hurt. She thought you’d be safer at home.”

“Look, Dorian,” he said as he walked over and put his arm around my shoulder. “You have every right not to trust your parents. I don’t blame you. After the way they’ve treated you, I would be skeptical of them too.

“Skeptical?” I laughed. “I’m not sure that’s the right word I’d use.”

“Okay,” he said as he tightened his grip on me. “We can stand here and place blame all night, but it won’t get us anywhere. You know as well as I do that you’ll never be a model family. You’re mature enough now to realize that. However, you can be civil to one another.” He took a deep breath before continuing. “As I said earlier, I came here tonight to negotiate a truce.”

“What do you want me to do?”

“Have another march.”

“What?” I asked in amazement. “I got arrested last night for marching. You want me to get arrested again?”

“I’ve been in meetings all day,” he replied. “The campaign feels that the only way to resolve this matter is to support you in another march. You have my word that there will be no arrests this time.”

“When?” I looked over at Mrs. Hayes, but she seemed as confused as me.

“Sunday evening,” he replied. “Geoffrey Caswell, the Governor’s brother will join you. He’s the head of a gay lobby group in Washington. We’re also reaching out to the Human Rights Campaign and other gay and lesbian support groups to participate.”

“You’re just trying to cover your asses,” I remarked angrily.

“No,” he stated firmly. “Believe it or not, Caswell, your father, me and everyone else in the campaign were upset as we watched innocent students being mistreated because you were marching for something you believed in. I think we need to start healing America’s wounds.”

I stared into his face and asked, “You’re serious about this, aren’t you?” He nodded his head. I looked over again at Mrs. Hayes. She nodded her head too.

I said, “I’ll do it on one condition.”

He gave me a puzzled look and asked, “What?”

“I want Joseph Saunders to organize the march, no one else,” I insisted. “This was all his idea.”

Leo reached into his pocket for a pen and asked me for his number. “I’ll contact him tomorrow morning. I’ll get back with you when everything is finalized.”

He then reached into his pocket, pulled out a credit card and handed it to me. “What’s this?” I asked as I turned it in my hands.

He explained, “After you got a job at Panera Bread, I began to wonder why. I checked your bank account and you’ve had no charges for the past three weeks. So I figured you probably lost the card, or it was stolen, and you didn’t want to tell your father.”

“I tore it up,” I said. “I don’t want his money.”

Leo walked over and shoved the card into my jacket pocket. “It’s not his money,” he said. “It’s your grandfather’s. He wants you to have it.” He patted my shoulder and said, “Use it when you need it.” I watched as he walked away and got into this car. He waved as he was pulling out of the parking lot.

Coming next: the final chapter of A Delicate Situation.
Copyright © 2012 by Ronyx
  • Like 37
  • Love 9
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

So, Dorian has a grandfather? Maybe he can finally get support from someone
in his family, since so far everybody else is helping him but his own kin. Maybe
this grandfather will have some influence on Dorian's horrid parents...

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Just as I expected, Avery and the campus police chief are being forced out because of their heavy-handed methods. Both the campaign and the university are dealing with damage control after this public relations disaster. The chief should have no problems getting a better job elsewhere – police departments seem to have no issues with hiring disgraced leaders (they're like pedophile priests getting shifted from one parish to another, never really getting punished for their behavior).

 

Dorian was smart to demand that Joseph organize the march. This will prevent National groups from coopting it. And it will maintain the focus on the LGBT bashings that occurred on campus.

 

Dorian is certainly not dating the Senator or the Senator's wife in Wes. Wes is nothing like either of them. Wes seems to be very in touch with his emotions.

 

It's interesting that Dorian was unaware of the source of his own money. Why wasn't he informed about his grandfather's contribution. Is his grandfather estranged from his child? And how does the grandfather actually feel about Dorian? Just because he gave Dorian money doesn't mean he's comfortable with him being Gay. Leo's wording implies that grandfather is still alive, but it's still a little ambiguous and the money might be an inheritance.

  • Like 2
Link to comment

That was a nice turn of events. Naturally, Dorian had gained stature after the march and arrest. I think I mentioned in my last review that he was getting more press than hiss father. So now we see some of the ramifications of that.

 

As Stephen mentioned, the Grandfather might become just the ally he needed inside the family.

 

I'm going to be sorry to see this end, Ron. It's been a lot of fun!!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 08/23/2016 03:00 AM, Stephen said:

So, Dorian has a grandfather? Maybe he can finally get support from someone

in his family, since so far everybody else is helping him but his own kin. Maybe

this grandfather will have some influence on Dorian's horrid parents...

Stephen, Dorian's grandfather was mentioned earlier when he attended the convention. He started the import business that Dorian's father later took over and turned into a fortune. So he too was quite wealthy.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 08/23/2016 07:42 AM, droughtquake said:

Just as I expected, Avery and the campus police chief are being forced out because of their heavy-handed methods. Both the campaign and the university are dealing with damage control after this public relations disaster. The chief should have no problems getting a better job elsewhere – police departments seem to have no issues with hiring disgraced leaders (they're like pedophile priests getting shifted from one parish to another, never really getting punished for their behavior).

 

Dorian was smart to demand that Joseph organize the march. This will prevent National groups from coopting it. And it will maintain the focus on the LGBT bashings that occurred on campus.

 

Dorian is certainly not dating the Senator or the Senator's wife in Wes. Wes is nothing like either of them. Wes seems to be very in touch with his emotions.

 

It's interesting that Dorian was unaware of the source of his own money. Why wasn't he informed about his grandfather's contribution. Is his grandfather estranged from his child? And how does the grandfather actually feel about Dorian? Just because he gave Dorian money doesn't mean he's comfortable with him being Gay. Leo's wording implies that grandfather is still alive, but it's still a little ambiguous and the money might be an inheritance.

Again, Droughtquake, I implied in an earlier chapter that Dorian's grandfather is quite wealthy. One can assume by the fact he is helping him financially that Dorian's situation has been discussed and he supports his grandson.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 08/23/2016 11:03 AM, skinnydragon said:

That was a nice turn of events. Naturally, Dorian had gained stature after the march and arrest. I think I mentioned in my last review that he was getting more press than hiss father. So now we see some of the ramifications of that.

 

As Stephen mentioned, the Grandfather might become just the ally he needed inside the family.

 

I'm going to be sorry to see this end, Ron. It's been a lot of fun!!

Thanks, skinnydragon. I'm glad you have enjoyed the story.

  • Like 1
Link to comment

I am enjoying this story very much.

 

But just a note; as the son of a vice presidential candidate Dorian would have his own secret service agent as well as a panic button in case of an emergency.

 

Bob.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 08/23/2016 10:31 PM, RPM16606 said:

I am enjoying this story very much.

 

But just a note; as the son of a vice presidential candidate Dorian would have his own secret service agent as well as a panic button in case of an emergency.

 

Bob.

No, Bob. I researched this as I was writing this story, and only the candidate and his wife are provided a secret service detail, not the children. Once elected, that would change.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..