Jump to content
    Scarab
  • Author
  • 1,305 Words
  • 485 Views
  • 0 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Lost Souls - 10. Victoria-Ann Cantrell -Abduction

In bed, Victoria tossed and turned; her bandaged hand throbbed but didn't wake her. While sleeping she heard a voice speak:

You stand alone on the edge of a cliff adorned in white; the sea thunders below. The gentle breeze blows your gown as you step closer and closer to take flight. You wonder why you are here; yes...you wonder how I know your fear. For this lonely mountain is crashed by waves, like you. You say you want it to end; your mouth too heavy to speak, I answer your subliminal call. You begin to fall and fall and praise... hallelujah! Wind passes through your hair like razor blades; slice through your core. Your heart races past you, galloping far far away... splash... your eyes close forever more. Heart stopped; life passed you still feel pain. Your work is not yet here done. Your name is called again... Victoria-Ann Cantrell! Thus you awake, answering our call. The earth rejoices at your sinner's strength and praise....

I open my eyes and see them standing there; the six of us in a circle. I can't see their faces but three men: one dressed in red, one in black and bright green stood opposing me. A young girl is beside me wearing a blue robe; to my left, a young boy in white. I can't move so I do not try. This entity between us all remains stagnant. The air is gentle, cold, scattering a wave of chills about my body. The pale, yellow moon casts a sullen tint on the six of us and this barren desert. The force, it has no color, no light, no opacity but... I feel it there. It begs me to live, bribing my life with vengeance against the old bastard.

The sun now rises on the six of us and my heart warms...it beats again; rays brush my cheek. And there's the boy, eyes closed... levitating! And the girl, she's dancing...dancing a stream of water beside me! The man dressed in green sits on a rock with hands outstretched, causing this desolate land to birth life and forestry. The man in black closes his eyes and dark clouds appear above him; a small patch of flowers whither around him. Next to that man is the one in red, standing in a ring of fire. And me... here I am. I stand dressed in bright yellow bewildered by it all. A tingling sensation takes me over; my hands turn red as if they'd been burned. I feel hot, I feel charged, I feel absolutely electric! I close my eyes as this surge of static drowns me.

“Do you believe that everything happens for a reason?” Christopher asked, pulling up his black slacks. He wore his shirt unbuttoned, allowing his massive chest to breathe and be breathed upon by Victoria's panting eyes. She sauntered over to him, carrying two cups of tea. She gave one to him as he sat on the sofa.

“Never thought about it really,” Victoria replied, sitting on the sofa's edge.

“I firmly believe that everything happens with a purpose.”

“Oh really....” She sipped her tea.

Christopher smiled, “Yes, I believe I was meant to run into you.”

“I wonder what wrong deeds you committed to deserve that,” she laughed.

Christopher smiled, “And what have you had to endure to deserve such a kind soul like me?”

Victoria laid her cup on the coffee table. “My life's been fair.”

“Really....”

“Yes,” she smiled.

“Even with Rufus lurking about your entire childhood, making you an emotional wreck?” Christopher sipped his tea.

The smile from Victoria's face melted into a malnourished grin, highly deformed as she tried to keep her composure. “What?”

“Well, I'm sure he made your life a living hell, didn't he?” Christopher insisted.

Now confused, Victoria stood up. “How do you know about...who are you?”

He grabbed her hand, “Relax Vee.”

She pulled away, “No! You tell me who the fuck you are or get the fuck out my apartment!”

Christopher placed his tea cup down. “I'm a friend.”

Victoria slowly backed away toward the door, “You're no friend of mine!”

“You want him dead, don't you,” Christopher continued. “It's eating away at you, isn't it.” Christopher walked up to the shaking woman; he held her close and felt her trembles evaporate.

“Why am I not scared anymore....” She whispered.

“Do I not seem familiar?” he asked.

“Fuck yes!” she shrieked, pushing him away. “It's you... from my dream!” she said pointing.

Christopher smiled, “That's partially true. You have a choice to make Victoria... either you get your revenge against Rufus or....”

“Or what? Or what? What will you do to me!” she yelled.

“I will do nothing,” he said calmly. “But the world is in danger.”

“You're crazy....”

“Am I?” Christopher sat down as Victoria stood frozen; a statue. “The dreams, the poems, the signs...they mean nothing to you?”

“W-what do you know!”

“I know he raped you repeatedly. I know he tortured you by burning your skin with cigarette butts. I know he left you starving many a day and night and I know you wish nothing more than to see the old bastard dead.”

Victoria covered her mouth.

“The old bastard...isn't that what you refer to him by?”

She uncovered her mouth, “Then you're real....”

“This is real and has happened for a reason. Everything is governed by the choices we've made and the paths we've chosen. Everything!”

Victoria slowly edged her way toward Christopher, sitting on the sofa next to him; carefully as if not to disturb it. She looked at him; nervously she looked away . “I really do want him dead. Its all I think about. Its all I want...he needs to suffer! He really does!”

“I know.”

“How?” she asked.

“Why?” he replied.

“Because I've been dead for so long...he killed me. It's only fitting....”

“The earth, this world... it needs you now Victoria,” Christopher interrupted. He held her hand as sparks flew from her fingertips. “You've been given a gift, a way to save the earth from a far greater threat than Rufus Cantrell.”

“For me there's been no bigger threat,” she replied.

Christopher stroked the side of her face with his thumb, “Save your anger, please, save the world first Victoria.”

“This all makes no sense to me,” she said. Victoria looked at her hands as she held them up to her face. “What's happened to me? What did you do to me?”

Christopher smiled, “I've given you what you need.” He squeezed her hand. “In return you must help us.”

“Why me? For God's sake, why'd you choose me? I'm not worth it at all!” she insisted. She walked away, Christopher pulled her back.

“You're not worth being tortured either!” His eyes became red as he fought to retain his tears. “I've seen it all Vee and I know you will help us!”

Victoria pressed her palm against his exposed chest, “If you've seen it all then you'd know why I must do this....” Like gates opening water to a dam, Victoria allowed her emotions to rush through her. They gutted her out and replaced her insides with cold, cold hatred and with one burst of rage her reddened hand sent Christopher flying with a surge of electricity. He ricocheted off the refrigerator, landing on the kitchen floor in a thud. He laid unconscious, a heap covered in smoking, black cloth.

            

so sorry for the weeks break, new job :D . I needed sometime to settling in a new schedule i like to be well organised lolol, enjoy and let me know how you feel about the series so far... its only just getting started :P
Scarab and Jody Sandiford
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..