Jump to content
    Scarab
  • Author
  • 1,781 Words
  • 622 Views
  • 0 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Lost Souls - 2. Felix Rhodes- Matadors with checker flags

“You can’t be serious bro?!”

“I’m dead serious, I told you there would be hell to pay for your shit this afternoon”

It was only five minutes after getting into his truck that Scott had called him, pleading with him to keep Lisa away from her best friend Harmony and see him instead.

“She’s the one Felix, I know it. When I’m with her the last thing on my mind are her titties, or thighs, or that…

“She’s coming with me Scott” Felix gladly interrupted.

“Get acquainted with your hand this evening” Felix barked, a bit angrier than he should have been with his best friend. But he didn’t need to hear him ogle over the girl.

“Oh Fefe you of all people should know that my hand and I are great friends, or do you need me to remind you of all those times I caught you staring at me in the act”

“Asshole, it’s called a door, a bathroom door, and who wanks off in their friend’s bathroom in the middle of the day.

The middle of the day Scott!!”

“ And don’t call me Fefe! You know I hate that” Scott knew how to push his buttons, his knuckles tightened around the steering wheel a faint creamy brown taint showing where his knuckles strained against his tanned skin.

Fefe, that was the name Scott had given him after he came crying over to Scott when his father left him. It wasn’t hard for Felix at 9 years old to be cradled in the other boys arms, hugging him like there was no tomorrow. All Felix remembered was the crash and shatter of dishes, lamps, and picture frames. He dared not go in his room, he would have known better, both his mother and father had taught him to always stand your ground, never give to fear no matter what the other boys did, and most importantly never shed a single tear.

He was only 9

And Felix couldn’t stand it after his father packed his things and left without a single look back at him, one thing was clear though. Those words which his mother spat moments before the door slammed, those 4 words which he didn’t quite understood but feared so much all the same.

“He’s not yours Edwin”

Felix couldn’t stop the tears; he bolted out side and down the street. His heart lead the way; his legs followed loyally.

“it’s ok Fefe its ok.”

At that age he didn’t register how emasculating the pet name was.

All he could feel was Scott’s arms around him, Scott’s Big Red cinnamon breath on his neck and gentle cooing in his ears. He was Scott’s Fefe then and until the end of time… well, he would have been.

He would have been contented innocently staying in his arms and thinking nothing of it, but that innocence never lasted. It was destined to be covered by the dark mesh that tainted every aspect of his connection with Scott.

Snapped back to reality Felix sighed “just don’t call me that bro, you know better”

Scott shook his head in his Lazy boy at home knowing exactly why Felix didn’t want him bringing back up that moment. His best friend was stubborn and wounded the worst combination a perfectionist could have.

“Yeah whatever man, just take good care of Lisa tonight, I’m serious she means everything to me.”

Felix cringed at those words as the hands free line in the cabin went dead. “And that’s exactly why I’m keeping her away from you”

Dusky Bridges is a small mellow bar about 40 minutes out of the suburbs. It’s not really a party neighbourhood or even in a residential district. Nope, Dusky Bridges is in the middle of the woods.

“Felix, my man” Travis Barnaby was on the football team at college, a fellow jock and an intimidating offensive lineman. Felix knew him from a few frat parties and football rallies, but wrestlers and leatherheads never really mixed that well. He was working the gates at Bridges tonight.

“Sup T, packed huh?!”

“Yeah, whenever your girl gets on stage people come out like there’s no tomorrow, your clueless ass better not blink our somebody else is gonna be the baby daddy”

Travis nudged Felix’s shoulder with a fist giving him a cheeky grin.

“She knows what’s waiting for her, she’d take an arrow to the knee before getting in another guys bed, don’t worry tubby”

“cocky little shit aint ya, well I know for a fact the second string QB is after Harmony, not that he has a chance in hell” Travis chuckled and his chest rolled like a barrel down a bumpy hill. “I’m just saying that she’s pretty well known and well… people have been talking”

“Talking about what?” Looking around the large man through the door, Felix couldn’t care what he had to say and really just wanted to get inside and nurse an Amstel. He saw Harmony getting off the stage from her first recital.

“People are saying that you haven’t been putting out lately” Travis emphasized the ‘you’ by jamming his finger in Felix’s chest. “you know what they say about you boys on the wrestling team”

It was impulse really, like a wire was triggered in his head to protect his image. Felix saw red.

That’s the only thing Felix saw for the next 2 minutes.

Before he had time to think about it his right fist connected with Travis’s rib cage, holding his side, Travis quickly straightened up after only hunching and seething at Felix.

Should have stayed down Felix thought. A few people came out of the Bridges to see what was going on, Harmony’s figure fluttered briefly in his mind.

Felix didn’t think for long though, two quick jabs to Travis’s stomach sent him wheeling back on his heels. Travis was foolish enough to rush him after the initial blow and he was going to pay for it.

He was certain he recognized that perfume in the air….

Felix grabbed the taller man across his chest, his right arm grasped on Travis’s left shoulder and left hand reached around the larger man’s back to grab his left hip. Travis, the defensive beast he has recovered quickly, he had 200lb blitzers give him more of a start than those mosquito bites

Felix heard it then, he knew it was familiar, but it didn’t really connect until it was coupled with a soft palm.

“Felix get off of him!”

Harmony had her hands wrapped around Felix’s bicep almost entangled with his hold on Travis”

He felt Travis reacting to the ease in his grip, but his football bulk wasn’t fast enough, Travis was too accustomed to slow recoveries and breaks between plays.

She was in the way, Felix pivoted on his right heel swinging behind Travis and using the centripetal force to bring the man down on his back. Harmony landed on her rump about a meter away from them.

Felix quickly moved his leg from behind Travis before he hit the ground, getting right on top of him.

 

Red.

That’s was the colour splattered on his green Armani T-shirt when he heard Harmony’s voice again

“Felix! Felix stop it! Get off of him now!”

“Felix! What are you doing” Lisa’s southern drawl came off a bit more calm and collected than Harmony, if it were only because of her accent.

He felt a smaller hand clasp firmly in his calloused wrestler palm; looking around, he meet Harmony’s hazel eyes searching his own for a reason and for a sign that he was back to reality. She was clearly disheveled, her jeans smeared with a bit of mud.

“H..Harmony”

“Felix we need to get out of here”

“But your recital” getting up off of Travis his memory lashed back at him with brutal elasticity

“You fat faggot ass piece of shit” Felix planted his sneakers into Travis’s sides. Travis was already unconscious on the floor.

“Felix what the hell is wrong with you” Lisa asked while walking to the Ranger unlocking the passenger cabin. “Harmony hurry up, Nick told me that Travis’s friends were already on their way”

Who the fuck is nick

Felix thought rather darkly, his thoughts drifting to the possibility of Scott getting his fist as red as his were now. A small grin forming on his face.

“Felix get in the truck we need to go”

“I’m not going anywhere” Felix sneered pulling away from Harmony and looking around at the crowd around that gathered. “I don’t give a shit if he brings the whole damn starting line-up, I’m settling this shit here and fucking now!!!”

Harmony crooked her head and looked at her boyfriend. Now thoroughly disappointed after all she was through that he didn’t even take her on. “Settle what Felix?” her voice now less worried and more inquisitive. Felix knew that voice, he couldn’t deal with Harmony’s psychobabble right now.

“Not now Harmony” grunting but keeping his eyes on the shifting crowd around him. “just get out of here, call Scott let him know Lisa is at your place and we left early”

“And why wouldn’t you want your best friend with you at a time like this” Harmony was trying her best not to give away any fear and anger, but she knew Travis’s friends would be soon there and they won’t be friendly.

“I pretty much figure you would want Scott backing you up, unless this is about something you are too ashamed to let him know”

God damn it Harmony, don’t do this to me now.

He couldn’t argue with her, already he saw 3 sets of headlights piercing through the woods on the old path that leads to the Bridges.

Fuck, they must have been on their way here before this crap went down…

Felix clenched his fist looking at the bloody fat mess beneath him and then at Harmony. Now noticing mud in her hair and her hands the realisation hit him what he must had done to her during the fight.

This is your fault

He mentally chastised himself, every single aspect of his life that went wrong somehow circled around it, that disgusting black mesh that made every breath a challenge. No, no matter what people around him said, no matter how many guys circled him and threatened him, he would always stand his ground, never show his fear and shed a tear, because he wasn’t gay

He couldn’t be.

Grabbing Harmony’s arm he pulled her behind him, no matter what happened she wasn’t going to be another casualty that this sickness took from his life,

Don't be shy to give this first time author your criticisms... I certainly do need them haha.
Scarab and Jody Sandiford
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..