Jump to content
Poetry posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

One Day Collections - 5. Life

Something new smile.png
The Future.
 
Are you looking forward to it? It is full of endless possibilities. Literally anything that you can imagine could happen. Your hopes and dreams could all come true. That seems like a good thing, right?
 
I wouldn't be so sure about that.
 
Endless really does mean endless. For all you know, you could die. In this very minute or even this very second. Everything might end. Everything you are would cease to exist and all that would be left is the memories of the people that you left behind. Makes life seem pointless, right?
 
Wrong.
 
Life is NEVER pointless. Whether or not you're going to die in the next few seconds, days, weeks, or even years; you matter. You are alive. That fact alone makes you matter. Life is a wonderment in and of itself. It can be hard. Oh so hard. But then what about when its not?
 
What then?
 
What happens when you're happy? What happens when you're happy with another happy person? What about everyone else who's also happy? You see; this is the definition of humanity: we are alive, and we are not alone. We have each other.
 
Every life is unique.
 
Every life has meaning.
 
Every life has a point.
 
Every life matters.
 
Even the lives we hate. Just as much as the lives we love. So in the end, we are all a part of something bigger than ourselves. We are the same because we are all different. The true common nature of all humans is our difference from each other and how those differences fill in the cracks of imperfection. We, our race as a whole, complete each other. Its like a puzzle that is whole but has so much room to expand and continue on as a beautiful masterpiece that is whole but unfinished.
 
Every life adds to that masterpiece.
 
Every life makes it that much more beautiful.
 
Every life is an important piece of the puzzle.
 
Your life is important.
 
My life is important.
 
Their life is important.
 
Life is important.
 
Life has meaning.
 
Life is everything.
 
Life is the reason why we live.
 
Do we really need any more of a reason than that?
Something new smile.png
(2012) (Greg Purple)
  • Like 1
Poetry posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

A great topic. One that changes as you get older. When you're young life seems a separate capsule that brushes against another one now and then. When you're older and you are able to look back you have much more data. You can see that the puzzle is more filled in and that each life you interact with is another interlocking piece of the picture we call life.

I'm 57 now. I can look back and SEE how I have changed the world, changed other people's lives. I can see how the world would not be better if I had listened to myself and checked out early. I've made a difference in a LOT of people's lives. And I continue to every day. We don't see how the simplest things we do in life can change the world. I bought a stamp from a guy in Germany. It was an old stamp, a bit over 200 years old. That purchase led to our families becoming one. We went to Germany and they came to America. Six generations of families in total were changed because a person mailed a letter 200 years ago. They may have been buying something or just paying a bill. But I doubt they knew that 200 years in the future that stamp they placed on their letter would change so many people's lives.

Now think about how we touch other's lives directly. In short, you DO make a difference. Never doubt that.

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..