Jump to content
    ShadowDancer
  • Author
  • 1,730 Words
  • 1,575 Views
  • 0 Comments
The content presented here is for informational or educational purposes only. These are just the authors' personal opinions and knowledge.
Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are based on the authors' lives and experiences and may be changed to protect personal information. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Then Came You Into My Life - 2. Chapter 2

Chapter edited

Chapter 2

 

 

“I don’t know yet. All I could find out is that he was complaining of chest pains so your grandma called an ambulance for him. Let’s just go so we can find out more. Grab your backpack and you can do your homework while we are at the hospital,” Mom told me, walking out and making sure the door was locked.

When Mom and I got to the hospital, my dad was waiting for us in the waiting room. I sat down in the chair next to my dad listening to him.

“Mom is back there with him, they will only let one person be back there at a time. All I know right now is that the doctors have him hooked up to an EKG and is watching his heart rate for irregularities. The doctor on call requested some more tests and it will be a while to get them done and get the results back. They ruled out a heart attack for sure, his enzymes showed no heart damage.” My dad looked at my mom with watery eyes saying. “I can’t lose him, Susan.”

“We won’t lose him; he is too ornery to die on us. He has not lived his complete life yet so just think positive sweetheart.” My mom reached over and gave my dad a hug whispering. “Love You.” in his ear.

I looked at my dad saying, “Grandpa is going to be alright. He probably ate something that didn’t settle with him and didn’t tell grandma until it got to the point it really started bothering him. You know how he is if drinks Pepsi, Dad, it about kills him with heartburn.”

“I know son, it just scares me when I get a call like I did.” Dad grabbed my hand and gave it a squeeze.

“Zane, we are going to be here for a while so get your homework out and get to work on it.” Mom told me.

I got my work out and by the time I finished, grandma came out.

“They are going to keep him overnight to find out what is going on. Some of the tests they have to do can’t be done until the morning. I’m going to stay with him so he doesn’t give the nurses a hard time.”

“Mom have they told you anything at all?”

“Just that it was not a heart attack. The doctor is looking at his kidneys and gallbladder. That was one of the tests; it can’t be done until morning. Why don’t you all go back and see him, then go home? There is nothing you can do until we know something,” Grandma told us.

We all went back and saw grandpa and wished him a good night. I went with Dad in his car to talk to him to keep his mind off grandpa until we got home.

 

                                                ******

I went to my room to get ready for school in the morning. As I got out of the shower, Mom told me that she put together something to eat. I ate and then went back to my room but since it was only 8:30, I turned my TV. on and got in bed. I was watching Big Bang Theory and the phone started ringing which sent chills down my body thinking something happened to my grandpa.

Mom comes to my door and says the phone was for me. I got up and went to get the portable in the hallway to take back to my room. “Got it Mom” “Hello……Hi Jarrod….no they kept him overnight to run some tests….no it was not a heart attack…..will know more tomorrow….ya, I’m going to school unless something happens overnight….ok I will see you in the morning….Bye.” I put the phone back where it belonged, then went back to bed to finish watching TV.

As I was lying there, I started thinking about this Chance guy. Sure hope I don’t make a fool out of myself when I meet him. I was trying to figure out the look he was giving me when I went in the arcade. The smile he gave me got me to thinking, which was not helping me at all. I pulled my covers back and saw my dick hard again thinking about Chance. This needs to stop if I’m going to get any sleep tonight. I looked at the clock on my nightstand and saw it was 9:20. “I will have to take care of you in the morning.” I went ahead, and turned everything off and hugged my pillow as I do every night to go to sleep.

 

                                                ******

                                                         

I went out the front door ready for school, and I saw Jarrod coming up the block so I waited on the sidewalk for him. “Morning Jar.”

“Morning Zane, any word yet on your grandpa?”

“Mom called and talked to grandma this morning. Grams said that they had him in for the tests so I will know more when I get home. Mom promised me that if anything happens she would come get me.”

“Hope he is going to be alright. He is a great guy and treats me just like I was his grandson too.” Jarrod commented. I smiled at him knowing my grandparents think the same.

We got to school as the bell was ringing so Jarrod went his way and I went mine telling him. “I will see you at lunch.”

I walked into my homeroom looking around seeing no new kids. I sat down doubting if maybe I did have a class with Chance, and I was just not paying attention to what was going on around me. The teacher came in, and took roll call then gave us some announcements on what was happening at the school with different athletic teams the school had. I was not paying much attention to them since sports didn’t interest me, I didn’t go out for any sports in school. Ya, I went to the games and cheered the school teams on but that was as far as I would go with sports.

The bell rang and I rushed out the door going to my math class, which I enjoyed since I liked the teacher I got this year. I walked in looking around just like my last class hoping that Chance would be in this one. When I sat down, I didn’t see him sitting at any of the desks. Starting to feel down I got my books out, and was looking over my homework before I turned it in to make sure I completed it, since I did it at the hospital last night and my mind was not totally on the assignment. I heard the door open and I looked up to see who walked in.

I gasped when I saw Chance walk in. He walked over to the teacher’s desk and handed him a piece of paper. The teacher pointed to a desk two over from mine. I watched him walk over and sit down; he looked over at me and smiled. I smiled back then turned back to my homework, the teacher asked everybody to pass his or her homework forward. I handed mine over to the girl in front of me.

I looked over at Chance checking him out, seeing that he did have the bluest eyes, you could get lost in looking at them. I must have been staring at him because he laughed and broke me out of my haze. I know I turned beet red being caught staring. I looked down at my math book thinking he probably thought I was some kind of freak. The teacher gave us our homework as the bell started ringing. I wrote the assignment down and got up heading to my next class, ignoring everything around me. I was not liking I was caught by Chance and then he laughed at me which pissed me off even more.

I got to my next class and sat down waiting on the class to start. I wanted to get this day over. I felt like crap and I know when Jarrod finds out what happened he would just make it worse for me with his teasing. When the class started and I didn’t see Chance come in the door, I relaxed a little. This teacher sucks so I started doodling in my notebook. I got the assignment for homework, which is just reading a chapter. I got up and went to my next class hoping it would go by fast.

When I got to the door of my next class, I stopped when I saw Chance standing there talking to some guy. He looked over at me and smiled at me, I frowned and went inside and sat down at the desk that I was assigned to at the, beginning of school. I got my book and notebook out of my backpack. I carried my morning class books in my backpack, and then I went to my locker and changed them out for my afternoon classes after lunch. I was hoping that Chance didn’t have this class with me too; I don’t like being laughed at. I was lost in thought when I looked up and saw Chance sit down in front of me. Damn it, if he laughs at me again I will come up with an excuse to leave the class. He looked back at me with that damn gorgeous smile of his; I frowned at him to get him to turn back around. He raised his eyebrows at me and shrugged his shoulder then turned back around. He started talking to the guy he was talking to outside the door. I listened to the teacher and ignored what was going on in the class. No homework, thank god, I hated science so I did the bare minimum just to pass the class.

I got up when class was over and went to walk by Chance and he stuck his foot out to stop me or trip me. I stopped and looked at him to see what he wanted. “Yes?” I said looking at him.

 

 

 

As the author, I take final responsibility for all parts of the story, including any errors.

Copyright © 2015 ShadowDancer; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 2
The content presented here is for informational or educational purposes only. These are just the authors' personal opinions and knowledge.
Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are based on the authors' lives and experiences and may be changed to protect personal information. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..