Jump to content
The content presented here is for informational or educational purposes only. These are just the authors' personal opinions and knowledge.
Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are based on the authors' lives and experiences and may be changed to protect personal information. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Then Came You Into My Life - 6. Chapter 6

I am a little ahead on chapters, so while I am on the down slop with this house stuff I thought I would post a chapter for you all

Chapter 6

 

I walked off with Chance and Jarrod; we went in the doors of the school. “Chance, let’s go in the restroom and see if we can get you cleaned up a little before the bell rings for class.”

I walked in the restroom, got some paper towels, wet them down for Chance and handed them to him. I watched him clean his gorgeous face and saw that there was a bruise starting on his cheek.

“You might end up with a bruise on your cheek. Jarrod, do you have an extra shirt in your locker?”

“Ya, I do. It might fit you Chance.” Jarrod went out the door.

I looked at Chance in the mirror seeing that he is shaking a little. “You ok?”

“I don’t like being the talk of the school. I’m minding my own business not bothering anybody. Why can’t everybody just leave me alone?” Chance looked back at me in the mirror.

“Chance, you have to just ignore them. With you being the new guy in school, everybody is going to wonder what you are like, where you came from, all kinds of shit about you. You just worry about yourself and not what everybody else is thinking,” I told Chance with a smile, which put a smile on his face.

“Thank you for helping me out there. I thought they were going to beat the crap out of me and nobody was going to help me.” Chance smiled back at me in the mirror.

“No problem Chance, if those twerps bother you again let me know. I will take care of it; they know I will kick their ass if they bother you again but no telling what they will do.” I turned to the door when it opened seeing Jarrod walk in with a shirt in his hand.

“Let’s see if this will fit you, then we can get to class.” I took the shirt from Jarrod watching Chance take off his shirt. I saw a few red marks on his chest but nothing on his back. “Are those hurting you Chance?” I said pointing to the marks on his chest.

“Only a little, I’m going to have to watch it so my mom doesn’t see them or she will freak out on me. I’m going to tell her I got hit with a ball in P.E. to get away with the one on my cheek.” Chance got the shirt on which was a good fit.

“Thanks Jarrod for letting me wear your shirt. I will get it back to you tomorrow.”

“No problem, whenever is fine,” Jarrod said looking at Chance.

“Ok let’s get to class, the bell should be ringing in a sec. Chance, I will see you in Math class. Take it easy and if it gets too bad go to the nurse, ok.” We walked out of the bathroom and headed to our separate homerooms.

Since Chance and I had Math together, I was able to make sure he was ok, which he said he was, but his cheek was sore. After class, we bumped fist and we went to our separate classes. I told him I would see him in Science class.

After Science, class Chance told me he would meet Jarrod and me in the cafeteria that he had to go to his locker first. (His locker was on the other side of the building then mine was) I went to my locker and put my backpack in there until after lunch.

I got in the door of the cafeteria and looked around to find Jarrod, seeing him at our regular table. I got in line to get my lunch; there was a tap on my shoulder. I looked behind me and saw Chance was standing there. “Hey, I see you made it here ok. That cheek of yours is getting darker man. Does it still hurt you?”

“Ya, it does, hope I can eat something,” Chance said rubbing the side of his face.

“Get something soft and you should be able to eat.” I smiled at Chance.

I got what I wanted to eat and waited on Chance to get his food. We walked over to where Jarrod was sitting at the table.

“Chance that has got to hurt, man. Jimmy is going to get an ass kicking for doing this to you,” Jarrod said as we got to the table.

“Leave it alone Jarrod, I’m going to make a phone call to Mr. Long tonight to let him know about what happened.”

“Who is Mr. Long, Zane?” Chance asked.

“That’s Jimmy’s father, he works with my dad and asked me to call him when and if I found Jimmy causing any shit here at school. He caused many problems last year and almost got kicked out. His Dad promised the school that he would put him in counseling over the summer to see if that would help him. But as you can see, it didn’t help. Hey Jarrod do you have any minutes left on your phone?”

“Ya, a few, why?” Jarrod said looking at me with an evil grin on his face.

“What are you going to do?” Chance asked

 

 

 

 

 

As the author, I take final responsibility for all parts of the story, including any errors.

Copyright © 2015 ShadowDancer; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 3
The content presented here is for informational or educational purposes only. These are just the authors' personal opinions and knowledge.
Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are based on the authors' lives and experiences and may be changed to protect personal information. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..