Jump to content
    ShadowDancer
  • Author
  • 1,185 Words
  • 2,095 Views
  • 2 Comments
The content presented here is for informational or educational purposes only. These are just the authors' personal opinions and knowledge.
Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are based on the authors' lives and experiences and may be changed to protect personal information. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Then Came You Into My Life - 1. Chapter 1

Chapter edited

 

 

Chapter 1

 

“Hey Mom, can I go to the mall with Jarrod?” I asked coming into the house, Jarrod following me in.

“Only if you promise to have your homework done first,” Mom said, walking out of the kitchen.

“Mom, I only have math tonight. Can I do it when I get back please?” I looked at her with pleading eyes.

Mom walked up to us saying. “Be back in two hours.”

Since the mall was only four blocks away, it was easy to walk to. “Ok, thanks.”

“Hey man, put your backpack next to mine and you can pick it up when we get back,” I told Jarrod since I already knew he didn’t want to take it with him. He dropped it where I said with a smile.

“Bye Mom, see you later.”

“Bye Mrs. Howard,” Jarrod said walking out behind me.

                                             

                                                      ******

 

I’ve known Jarrod ever since the fifth grade, when Jarrod and his family moved to the neighborhood we became instant friends. We did everything together, sleepovers, swimming, hiking, camping.

When we were in the eighth grade, I told Jarrod I was gay; I lost him as a friend for about a month. I finally got him to come over one day and talk to me, and I explained to him that I missed him as a friend and I have not changed on the inside.

Just because I want to be with another boy didn’t mean we couldn’t be friends and still do the things we have always done. He came completely on my side, but it took a lot of talking to get him there. This has been our secret since I told him, and he has kept it. Even though he tease’s me for looking at other boys he has kept the secret.

My parents might accept me as gay, but I don’t want to take the chance of losing them. My family, on both sides, is not the churchy type. I have never had to go to church and church is not brought up in the house. My dad had always told me “I believe in God but I just do not believe in religion” and “MY money that I work hard for, is to be put on our table not on somebody who stands up there and tells me how to interpret the bible his or her way.” I always just kept my feelings on the church to myself. When my father gets on a roll you can’t shut him up.

Ok enough of that soapbox, Jarrod and I got to the mall. Walking in the big door I stopped dead in my tracks, which made Jarrod run right into me.

“What the hell man? I could have knocked you down.” Jarrod looked at me as if I had lost my mind.

“Nothing, sorry.” I looked over at Jarrod and gave him a smile.

I looked to my left and saw the most gorgeous boy I have ever seen. I know he doesn’t go to my school or I would have seen him there. I wonder where he does go to school, sure wished it were mine.

“What are you looking at Zane?” Jarrod asked me looking in the same direction I was, then started laughing “Man get your eyes back in your head. That is Chance. He moved here last week from Texas, I have him in one of my classes.”

I looked at Jarrod smiling. “Oh really, and you didn’t tell me about a new kid in school?”

“I forgot to say anything; you don’t have him in any of your classes I guess?” Jarrod said putting a hand on my shoulder to get me moving.

“No, I guess not.” I frowned at him.

“Hang on; I will see if he is here with anybody. If not I’ll see if he wants to hang with us.”

Jarrod walked over to the kid. I saw them talking and Jarrod turned towards me smiling. Jarrod got back to where I was standing telling me, “He said that he was waiting on his Mom. She was in the store and he didn’t want to look at women’s clothes. Let’s go. We don’t have a lot of time. I will introduce you two at school tomorrow.”

I took one last look at Chance and when I got to his eyes, they were looking right at me. He smiled at me then looked away. That is an image I won’t forget anytime soon, blond hair, got to be right at six foot tall, I think I saw blue eyes, beautiful smile, white shining teeth, tight Levis. Wonder if he has a washboard? Oh god, I have to stop or my dick will never go down.

I took off walking with Jarrod towards the arcade to play some of the cool games they have in there. I looked back one last time before going in the door and saw Chance looking in our direction he waved at me, smiling. I stopped and waved back at him, went in and took off running to catch up to Jarrod, who had gotten our favorite game to play.

                                                   

                                                          ******

 

We played in the arcade until I looked at my watch telling him we had to go before I got in trouble for being late. When we left the mall heading to my house, I asked Jarrod, “What do you know about Chance?”

“I don’t know a whole lot, just that he moved here from Texas with his Mom, he is fifteen, Sophomore same as we are, lives two blocks over from my house, and walks to school because his mom leaves too early to take him. That’s about it, he doesn’t talk much, seems kinda quite to me,” Jarrod said then started laughing his ass off looking at me.

“What’s so funny? I just asked if you know anything about him,” I said trying to make him stop laughing.

“Zane, you have got it bad don’t you? He is kinda cute. Maybe he swings your way.” Jarrod stated laughing again. I just kept on walking, ignoring him. When he realized I was doing it, he shut up knowing I didn’t liked being laughed at.

We got to my house, my mom was waiting on us and I walked in the house thinking something happened. “Mom, what’s wrong? I still have fifteen minutes to spare.”

Mom looked at me with tears in her eyes. “Son we need to get to the hospital. Your grandpa Joe was taken there by ambulance. We are meeting your dad there, Jarrod do you want me to drop you off at your house?”

“No that’s ok, I can walk from here and it’s not dark yet so my mom won’t mind. I will see you in the morning Zane.” Jarrod grabbed his backpack.

“Ok I will meet you out front in the morning.” I told Jarrod as he was walking out the door.

I turned to Mom saying, “How bad is it?”

As the author, I take final responsibility for all parts of the story, including any errors.
Copyright © 2015 ShadowDancer; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 6
The content presented here is for informational or educational purposes only. These are just the authors' personal opinions and knowledge.
Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are based on the authors' lives and experiences and may be changed to protect personal information. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Heya Z!

 

I like this new story!

 

Zane sounds really cute and he has a wicked cool name. :) He's lucky he has such a good friend in Jarrod. :P

 

I'm looking forward to the next chapter. :)

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..