Jump to content
    ShadowDancer
  • Author
  • 1,359 Words
  • 1,318 Views
  • 0 Comments
The content presented here is for informational or educational purposes only. These are just the authors' personal opinions and knowledge.
Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are based on the authors' lives and experiences and may be changed to protect personal information. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Then Came You Into My Life - 3. Chapter 3

Chapter edited

Chapter 3

 

“Do you have a problem with me? You were all smiles at the mall but now you have a sour look on your face when you look at me.” Chance looked at me with a wrinkled forehead as if he is trying to figure something out.

“No I don’t have a problem with anybody.” I stepped over his foot and walked out of the classroom. I went to my locker to put my backpack in it, and then I walked over to the cafeteria and got in line. I looked around and saw Jarrod already sitting at our normal table. I got what I wanted to eat and walked over to the table. Jarrod looked up at me when I got to the table.

“Hey, you look like your upset about something. What happened? It is not your grandpa is it?” Jarrod asked.

“No he is fine I guess. Mom has not called so far.”

“Good, now tell me what is wrong then.” Jarrod said then started eating again waiting for my answer.

“Nothing, just not been a good day for me. Maybe the rest of the day will be better.” I started eating hoping Jarrod would drop it and talk about something else.

“Hey Jarrod, what’s up?” Chance said walking up to the table. I groaned and just kept my head down and ate my lunch.

“Hey, not much Chance. Sit down unless you have some place else to be.” Jarrod stood and shook Chance’s hand. Chance sat done across from me, I looked up at Jarrod when Chance set down shaking my head. I ate what I wanted then got up and dumped the rest in the trash.

Went back to the table and told Jarrod, “I have a couple of things I need to do before the bell rings I will catch you later.” I walked off before he had a chance to respond to me. I decided to go to the library knowing that Jarrod would not find me there. I got a book to look at until the bell rang.

Five minutes before the bell was to ring, I headed to my locker to change out my books for the afternoon classes. Somebody tapped me on my shoulder when I was closing my locker; I turned around to see who it was. I groaned then said. “What can I do for you Chance?”

“Will you talk to me please and tell me what I did wrong? You act like you don’t like me and I was wondering what I did wrong.” Chance said standing there with his hand on the locker next to mine.

“You need to think about it and then you might figure it out. I don’t like what you did when I did nothing to you. Now, if you will excuse me I have to get to class.” I grabbed my backpack and walked off heading to class not looking back to see if Chance was still standing there. I got through my last four classes for the day without Chance being in them. Which means I have him in my math and science class only.

 

                                                                         ******

I walked out the main doors heading off campus to walk home. Jarrod was standing by the gate waiting on me since we always walk home together. I only live two blocks from school and Jarrod lives three blocks so we have always walked together since our freshmen year.

“Hey you ready? I need to get home and see if mom has any information on my grandpa yet.” I said as I got the gate.

“Ya I’m ready. I need to talk to you, so let’s get going.” Jarrod said. Which got me to thinking about what he might have to talk about. I’m not sure which class he has with Chance so I don’t know if Chance had an attempt to talk to Jarrod yet about what I said to him at the lockers.

I know I’m taking this further then I should, but somebody laughing at me for no reason really pisses me off. I have gotten into it with Jarrod numerous times just for him laughing at me. He still does it but he always explains to me why he is laughing as fast as he can so I don’t get mad at him. That has been my pet peeve for a long time and I have probably lost a few friends because of it but I did not care. People should not laugh at others knowing that is was rude and could hurt their feelings.

“Zane, what happened with Chance after lunch? I have my last class with him and he told me what you said to him. I thought that you wanted to meet him. Then what you did at lunch. I knew then that something happened to make you treat him like that. So tell me what happened please. You have got Chance wondering what he did wrong; he would not stop talking to me about what you said.” Jarrod stopped walking and touched my arm to get me to stop. I looked at him shaking my head.

“He will figure it out just like you did a long time ago. Can we just get home, I have a lot of homework and I need to talk to my mom.” I started walking away from Jarrod when he yelled at me.

“ZANE OH MY GOD STOP PLEASE.” Jarrod ran up to me and laid his hand on my shoulder smiling. “Zane, you are mad because he laughed at you. Oh, My God, Zane he doesn’t know how you feel about that. You need to tell him what this is all about. He wants to be your friend, just like he is mine. He doesn’t have any here in this school, and you told me that he was cute.”

“I will think about it. I have all weekend to make up my mind. Are you coming around this weekend?” I asked as we walked up to the front yard of my house.

“Ya, I was thinking we could go to the movies or the mall arcade. My mom wants me home tonight so that will give me time to do my homework, then I will have the rest of the weekend free. Do you want to do something different than that?” Jarrod asked.

“No that is fine with me. I will get my homework done tonight too so we can hang out tomorrow. Unless mom says something different, I will see you in the afternoon. I will call you if something comes up before then.” I said going to the front door. I looked over at Jarrod waving to him shutting the door.

 

                                                                        ******

I spent Friday night in my room doing my homework. Mom told me that they had released grandpa that afternoon, when I asked what was wrong with him she told me it was his gallbladder and that he would have the laser treatment Monday. I stayed in my room after dinner and watched TV. not wanting to be around my parents. Jarrod didn’t call so I guess we will talk in the morning. I laid on my bed thinking that maybe I need to stop getting upset when people laugh at me. I know I’m not ugly, brown hair, green eyes, 5’10, skinny, 155 pounds. When Chance laughed at me, I know I probably shouldn’t have got upset and then give him the cold shoulder. I will talk to Jarod tomorrow about it.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

As the author, I take final responsibility for all parts of the story, including any errors.

Copyright © 2015 ShadowDancer; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 2
The content presented here is for informational or educational purposes only. These are just the authors' personal opinions and knowledge.
Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are based on the authors' lives and experiences and may be changed to protect personal information. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..