Jump to content
    Skylights
  • Author
  • 859 Words
  • 5,416 Views
  • 6 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Sparkling Combustion - 28. Chapter 28

Epilogue

3 days later

~*~
“Kyle, I know Ryan’s taking you out on your first date tonight, but will you snap back to reality?” Laura snapped a finger in front of my face. I jumped and came back to the present. My mind had indeed been on Ryan but I wasn’t about to admit that.

I stared at the other faces peering curiously at me. Laura was frowning but Josh was grinning stupidly. He’d calmed down some. “Both of my best friends have the most aggravating partners.” He said cheerfully.

“And you’re happy about that?” Laura asked, rolling her eyes.

Josh shrugged. “Hey, I’m just chilling.”

Laura mouthed, ‘whatever,’ and turned back to me. “I asked you a question.”

“Sorry, what was it?” I blushed.

“I asked,” Laura said, gritting her teeth, “If you’d heard from Rob.”

I frowned. “No, why’s that?”

“Yeah, why?” Josh asked. He too, was curious.

“Jeremy and him seemed to be getting a little cozy and I talked to him the other day and he seemed…let’s just say preoccupied with someone who didn’t sound male.” Laura said.

I frowned. I still, despite my efforts at being less blind, couldn’t see how Jeremy was in love with me. Intrinsic flaw, though it may be, I was working on it. “I didn’t expect it to be serious, Laura, and I doubt he did either.”

“Yeah, Rob seemed fine when I saw him.” Josh said. “You could have asked me you know? He was my friend first before Kyle met him.”

“Sorry,” Laura said genuinely. “Anyway, Kyle is obviously back to la-la-land. I’m so glad Ryan doesn’t have this spare.”

Josh grinned. “Yeah, Ryan’s pretty sure about something when he sets his mind to it, eh Kyle?” He winked.

I rolled my eyes. “You mean about the fact that he seems to want to tell everyone we’re together, than yeah I’d noticed…”

“Might want to restrain him until you come out to your parents.”

“Yeah about that,” I blushed, “They, uh, caught Ryan and me together yesterday…”

Josh grimaced. “Not cool. How did they take it?” Laura nodded seriously.

I grinned. “Well you see, my parents aren’t stupid and as great as I am at concealing things from them,” I said sarcastically, “to be honest, they were expecting it. Of course, now that it’s official, there are more rules and I had the sex-talk. It was a nightmare.”

“Question,” Laura held a finger up, “If you and Ryan are already together, what’s this whole first date thing? I mean, you’re already having sex.”

I sighed. “Ryan’s idea, not mine. It’s his idea of being romantic.”

Josh laughed. “Shut up, you love it. Man, I need a girlfriend…wonder if Sammy is single.” He muttered, catching sight of a red-head who’d just passed by.

Laura ignored him and smiled at me. “Aw, that’s too adorable. Well, have fun tonight.”

~*~
Ryan arrived on time at seven PM. Much to my embarrassment, he brought flowers for me, which he thrust at me when I opened the door. “Hey, Kyle,” He murmured, catching my hand and pulling me in for a kiss before my parents came into the room.

I let his hands slide liberally to my hips before forcibly pushing him away from me. He could get a bit carried away, and as game as I was for that, my parents happened to be around.

“Hello, Ryan,” I said, equally as formally.

A small smile played on his lips briefly before his beautifully lean face widened into a huge smile. “See, it isn’t so hard being nice to me occasionally.”

“I’m never mean to you,” I said, rolling my eyes. Ryan caught my hand. I pretended not to be affected by the touch and looked at him nonchalantly.

“And it’s not so weird anymore?” He asked softly, eyes flashing up apprehensively to mine.

I smiled. “Not so much. I’m giddy with happiness.”

Ryan chuckled. “Giddy? Alright, then. I’ll take that.”

We were interrupted just then, by the sound of my parents coming into the front hall. We all spent a few moments (awkward for me and Ryan) talking, and then my parents let us out the door. My parents already knew Ryan from before so no introductions were necessary, and then the past few days had taken care of the small details and important things.

Ryan breathed a sigh of relief as soon as the door shut behind us.

“I’m looking forward to tonight.” He said. “I like your shirt.” He ran a hand down the white material.

“You said it was fancy, so I dressed up.” I said.

“Nice ass.” He grinned, smacking it lightly.

“Thanks.” I replied. “You don’t look too bad yourself.” We leaned against the side of the car. He smiled down at me but I reached up, grabbed his tie and pulled him down for a kiss.

“ I’m a little nervous.” Ryan admitted sheepishly. “I want everything to be perfect.”

“Shut up, I’m crazy about you.” I said, silencing him. He did so and grinned widely. I knew that would make him happy.

It was going to be a terrific night.

~*~

Copyright © 2010 Skylights; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 8
  • Love 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Guest cogito_ergo_sum1666

Posted

wow sky! thank you thank you thank you for this! it was a fun read and i read this all in one night its 6 am now and im going to bed with a silly smile on my face lol. i just hope that there was some closure on jeremy's part i feel for him alot. tho i was so betting for ryan and kyle all the way lol. i love this kind of stories where the protagonist is not stuck with a one partner thruout the story, this (sparkling combustion) is something closer to reality. people fall in love but they meet people and eventually if its really true love they get back together or stuff like that, i really dont want to give too much away about the story in a review i try to avoid that lol. but all i want u to know is that i got the message of this story and the purpose is well served. you are a talented writer sky i hope you keep writing beautiful and unique stories like this. thanks alot! read all your stories posted here! hoping to read more stories from you soon asap pronto! (sue me i love you!) lmao.

Link to comment

Awww they were sooo sweet :wub:

 

 

I'm glad they're together in the end and I'm really happy for them! :D

 

Hehe thanks for this incredible story! I really love it ^_^

Link to comment

This was an absolutely wonderful story, and so in character for two teens falling in love. Great writing, and going to read more of your stories:)

Link to comment

It was a roller coaster of a ride. A different more real look of teenagers in love. I hope in the future maybe a sequel for Jeremy he needs a guy just for him. Great story..

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..