Jump to content
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

By The Moon - 4. Chapter 4

Chapter 4.

After walking Zachary out the door I went into the kitchen to get some water. After finding no cups anywhere in the cabinets I had to get one from the dishwasher, which then turned into putting the dishes away. And then that progressed into fixing up their pantry which was not at all neat.

“You should calm down before you reorganize the entire house.” I spun around, on my heal, towards the voice. I saw Chase standing there watching me with eyebrow raised.

“Well I wouldn’t have to if you guys had any sense of organization at all. “ I countered, putting away a box of cereal. I walked over and stood in front of him. “What do you want?” I said a lot more harshly than I intended it to sound.

“Well then. I wanted to see if you waned to watch a movie with me but whatever. You don’t have to if your don’t want to.” He said turning around heading back for the living room.

“Wait, I’m sorry. I’m just a little stressed.” I sighed walking beside him. “What movie?”

Chase smiled slightly. “I don’t know. What do you want to watch?” He asked his blond hair thrown back. He placed his arm on my shoulder and guided me to his room. He didn’t have a lot of different things but what he lacked in variety he made up in quantity. His shelves were covered in miscellaneous books, paperbacks and hard covers, manga and comics. By his bed and TV was a couple stacks of DVDs.

He walked over and threw them across his bed. “So what do you want to watch?” I sat on the bed scanning trough the different movies and TV shows before settling on……

“What’s this?” I asked picking up a DVD with no cover page. I read the spine: Chase’s DVD.

“Nothing.” He said quickly grabbing the DVD from my hands and throwing it across the room like a Frisbee. He picked up another movie without looking and gave it to me. “How about this one?” He asked keeping my eyes.

I looked down, “Twilight?” I asked. Looking at a familiar image of the DVDs cover. I stood up. “Sure. I love this movie. I personally thought that the movie did the book no justice but it was still good.”

“You like it?” He asked incredulous. He stood up and took the DVD from me. “Okay.” He walked over to the DVD player next to his TV and put the disc in. He came back over and sat down next to me again. After following his example and reclining back against the wall his bed laid against I hit the play button on the remote.

“You’re different. In a good way.” Chase said quietly sounding like he was trying to not offend me.

I smiled in the dull light cast from the television screen. “I’ve been told that.” It took all my strength to not stare at him instead of the movie but I did it. By the time the movie was over it was late and Chase was fast asleep. I sat there thinking about my day. Zachary had come over and we talked. That was good. But I had also pissed him off. Bad. Chase invited me to watch a movie with him. Good. But we didn’t say anything and he fell asleep. Bad. So my day was normal, equal good things and equal bad things. Chase shifted in his sleep and his arm wrapped around me. Uhhhhh…..awkward. But I felt happy. I didn’t care that he didn’t know that he was doing this, it felt good. I smiled as I closed my eyes, falling asleep.

I woke when I felt Chase shift. I struggled to open my eyes but when I did I could see the interior of Chase’s basement room. I looked at down at Chase, he looked peaceful and serene when he sleep. I glanced quickly at the clock, 7:37. “Uhhh….Chase?” I gently prodded his side, trying to wake him.

He grumbled and shifted once again. I poked him again receiving a less sleepy voice. “What?” He muttered pulling his pillow over his head.

“Uhm, Chase?” I said, his arm still around me “Can you let go?”

Chase slowly raised his head and looked at me. His gaze landing on his arm. He quickly pulled it back and sat up. “I’m sorry. I shift in my sleep.” He said scratching his head, Taming his messy bed hair.

“S’okay, I understand.” I said chuckling. I got up and turned off the still on TV.

“Thanks for doing this with me.” Chase said quietly. This boy was always loud around the others, why was he so quiet around me?

“No problem, thanks for inviting me. I really enjoyed it.” I smiled and blushed but I was standing with my back to him so he couldn’t see it.

“Hey, Chase? Is Mark down there with you?” I could hear Jordan’s voice call down from up the stairs.

“Yeah, he’s down here!” Chase hollered back. He looked back to me. “So what are you doing today?” He asked, his face bright and full of happiness.

“Nothing that I know of.” I replied smiling slightly at Chase’s blinding smile.

“Well how about you and I go do something?” He was asking me to do something with him?

I was smiling in mind but I just grinned. “Sure, That’d be cool.” He got up and started to walk to the stairs.

Copyright © 2011 Song Of The Dark; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

My Critic

There the same grammar mistake as before but I just review today so I don't expect you to change it so soon anyways.

 

"After walking Zachary out the door I went into the kitchen to get some water. After finding no cups anywhere in the cabinets I had to get one from the dishwasher, which then turned into putting the dishes away. And then that progressed into fixing up their pantry which was not at all neat."

Change it to...

"After walking Zachary out the door, I went into the kitchen to get some water. After finding no cups anywhere in the cabinets, I had to get one from the dishwasher, which then turned into putting the dishes away. And then that progressed into fixing up their pantry, which was not at all neat."

You can also change the "After finding no cups anywhere in the cabinets..." part into "After not finding any cups in the cabinets..." but it's fine how it is.

Personal Comment

I sound naggy, huh? Blame it on my picky english teacher, who gave me an F on a paper because I had grammar mistakes in it. -_-. sad.gif I guess that I that's just an excuses, huh? (I keep saying huh, huh? O.O). I'm so glad that I don't have English class this term.biggrin.gif

Fan comment

When I saw the part about Chase's DVD, I immediately thought "is that porn?" laugh.gif

 

And at this part...

 

[ “ Well, how about you and I go do something?” He was asking me to do something with him?I was smiling in my mind but I just grinned. “Sure, That’d be cool.” He got up and started to walk to the stairs."]

 

I wolf whistled and thought this might lead up to a possible sex/touching/kissing scene...Is it? *pleading*

 

I'm looking forward to the next chapter that you post of this story. Hope you write more. Later, (^-^)/

 

Link to comment
On 03/07/2011 09:24 AM, Mirei Magik said:
My Critic

There the same grammar mistake as before but I just review today so I don't expect you to change it so soon anyways.

 

"After walking Zachary out the door I went into the kitchen to get some water. After finding no cups anywhere in the cabinets I had to get one from the dishwasher, which then turned into putting the dishes away. And then that progressed into fixing up their pantry which was not at all neat."

Change it to...

"After walking Zachary out the door, I went into the kitchen to get some water. After finding no cups anywhere in the cabinets, I had to get one from the dishwasher, which then turned into putting the dishes away. And then that progressed into fixing up their pantry, which was not at all neat."

You can also change the "After finding no cups anywhere in the cabinets..." part into "After not finding any cups in the cabinets..." but it's fine how it is.

Personal Comment

I sound naggy, huh? Blame it on my picky english teacher, who gave me an F on a paper because I had grammar mistakes in it. -_-. sad.gif I guess that I that's just an excuses, huh? (I keep saying huh, huh? O.O). I'm so glad that I don't have English class this term.biggrin.gif

Fan comment

When I saw the part about Chase's DVD, I immediately thought "is that porn?" laugh.gif

 

And at this part...

 

[ “ Well, how about you and I go do something?” He was asking me to do something with him?I was smiling in my mind but I just grinned. “Sure, That’d be cool.” He got up and started to walk to the stairs."]

 

I wolf whistled and thought this might lead up to a possible sex/touching/kissing scene...Is it? *pleading*

 

I'm looking forward to the next chapter that you post of this story. Hope you write more. Later, (^-^)/

 

Thank you so much for reading my work! As you can tell I have grammar issues. I have been working very hard in hopes that I can work past them. So far, I think I'm doing fairly well. Also I loved reading what you thought about it. I was honestly going to give up on this. Now I shall continue. I know it's been like a month and a half since you reviewed. Sorry. I haven't logged on in like 4 months. Forgive me?
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..