Jump to content
    Superpride
  • Author
  • 6,182 Words
  • 1,006 Views
  • 12 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Honeybunch, New Mexico - 1. Chapter One

“Ever since I was just a child, I was fascinated with this country called the United States of America, the land I was born and raised in. From the tall Appalachian Mountains of West Virginia to the deep Grand Canyon of New Mexico, I knew that this was a diverse land geographically. As I grew older, I knew the cities in this country were diverse as well, providing so many different opportunities for its citizens from New York City and Washington DC to Los Angeles and Las Vegas.

“Lastly, it was the American people who I was most fascinated with and proud of, most immigrating from around the world over centuries to the land of opportunity to seek a new and better life for not only themselves, but for their families in a country that was a melting pot of different cultures, ethnicities, and revolutionary ideas. Even though I was still young, I knew that America that I know and love would make the right choice with its citizens supporting their country’s decision wholeheartedly…the day they arrived.” I turned around and looked at my boyfriend who was in the bedroom across from the bathroom. “What do you think of my intro?”

“I think it’s fantastic, Chip!” My boyfriend, Chad, stood up from the end of my bed and walked to the connected bathroom. “But where’s the rest of your speech?”

“Don’t worry, I memorized it. I’m just waiting until we actually get to the fundraiser to say the whole thing since I don’t want it to sound too rehearsed,” I explained as I adjusted the black necktie of my suit.

“I guess that makes sense,” Chad said, wrapping his arms around my torso and kissing the side of neck.

I chuckled and leaned against his body. “It makes total sense. I want to sound very genuine with my speech, so I can convince every person there to donate their money to support the people of the West Coast.”

“Whatever you say,” Chad said as he snuggled his face into my hair that was freshly washed with pine-scented shampoo, which I knew was his favorite. “And are you saving yourself for what we plan to do after the fundraiser.”

I smirked and said, “Definitely.”

“Great.” Chad turned me around and looked right into my eyes before saying, “I have no doubt that you’ll raise enough to help those people beyond the wall.”

“I hope so,” I said, feeling a little anxious. “The fundraiser isn’t just to support the people, but it’s a way to get my father reelected as governor of New Mexico this upcoming November. If I fail—”

“There’s no way you’re going to fail, Chip. So, stop worrying about it. Besides, we’re going to celebrate even if one donor is stingy with their money, with wine, music, and a large, soft bed that is ready for two naked men to get their freak on.”

I bit my bottom lip as I grind my ass against Chad’s groin that I felt hardened already as he grunted and expressed his arousal with tender licks on my neck. “I’m looking forward to it.”

Chad growled as he continued to kiss my neck when a soft knocking sound was heard from the bedroom door. Sighing, he released me and took a step back, allowing me to walk into the bedroom as I adjusted my tightened pants before opening the door. One of my three older sisters, Catrina or Catt as I called her, was standing at the other side of the threshold with her arms crossed and an impatient look on her face that was lightly sculpted with the power of makeup.

“Are you ready now, Chip. I want to go to the fundraiser now, so we can leave early,” Catt complained.

“All right, Catt. Just let me check myself in the mirror one more time before we go,” I said as I turned around towards the bathroom.

Moaning, Catt then said, “You look perfectly fine. I swear you take up more time getting ready than Clarisa and Calista combined.”

“Five minutes,” I said from the bathroom.

“Don’t worry, Catrina. I’ll start the car,” Chad offered.

“Thank you,” Catt said before stomping away.

I rolled my eyes and looked at Chad through the mirror who had an amused expression on his face before walking out of the bedroom. I swore Catt acted more like a toddler than a full-grown woman based on how she could get when she was losing her patience, especially with me. She was much better now versus when she was younger, making her signature pouting face whenever she wanted something and didn’t get it at first. Luckily for me, her way of manipulating people was very helpful during events like tonight’s fundraiser when it was time to convince the few uncertain donors to give their money to our cause. She was my sidekick, helping me get the most out of these events, and I thanked her for that.

After making sure the few, loose strands of my blond hair were secured by a light application of hair gel, I turned off the bathroom light and headed straight down the stairs. Catt was at the foyer, looking at her phone with one high-heeled foot tapping on the glossy, wooden floor. She looked great in her white dress that had a heart-shaped neckline and an ankle-length skirt that had a high slit on the side. With a few gold accessories like a necklace and earrings, she looked ready for the fundraiser that was attracting the wealthiest individuals from around the state of New Mexico to the small city of Honeybunch that was also a border town, right next to the wall that separated the West Coast from the rest of the country.

“Ready?” Catt asked with her eyes still on her phone.

“Yup,” I replied. “Are you?”

“I’ve been ready an hour ago.” Looking up from her phone, she scoffed and said, “Really, Chip?”

“What?”

“Your necktie. It looks ridiculous.” I was confused by her statement, and all she did was huff before approaching me and undoing my tie. “Let me.”

“Hey, stop. That’s how Chad likes it.”

“Well, unless your boyfriend is the one who raised you since birth and is the one running tonight’s fundraiser, I suggest you dress accordingly to how our father wants you to look,” Catt advised as she formed the appropriate knot that would most please our father.

I sighed but allowed my sister to do what my father thought was right. After making sure the knot was perfect, Catt brushed off some imaginary dust from my shoulder and smiled.

“You came a long way from being that geeky kid who used to draw maps of fantasy worlds while cooped up in his room,” Catt said before pinching my cheeks.

I chuckled and said, “I’m still that geek, just with expensive clothes and contact lenses.”

“Well, regardless of what you think of yourself, we need to go. The sooner you finish your speech, the quicker it will be for me to convince the stragglers to give up their pocket change to help the people in need. Then I can go back home and have a well-deserved bubble bath. Now let’s go.”

I smiled and nodded, following my older sister out of the front door, which I locked before heading straight to the car where Chad was. Sitting on the passenger’s seat, I kissed my boyfriend on the cheek, and he started the car and drove out the driveway of my four-story mansion that was my home. It was the place I earned through a lot of hard work in my three years in college that granted me the privilege of becoming my father’s campaign advisor.

Though most people would want to distance themselves from their parents to become more independent, I was always close to my father, and he had a very valiant goal of supporting the people who came to the United States to escape war and persecution, not from our world, at least not our time period. They were known as time shifters, and they were the ones my father was devoted to helping, and I was going to be by his side no matter what.

With that in mind, I went over my speech in my head as Chad drove us through the city of Honeybunch until we arrived at the hotel twenty minutes later. A valet took the car and with Chad’s arm hooked in mine, all three of us walked into the hotel that was already occupied by many donors in their fancy suits and gowns as they socialized with one another about the most pressing issues facing our country today like whether they should reduce the amount of water used to water their vast lawns, stuff like that.

Not a minute has passed yet, and Chad and I were already greeted by more than a dozen of the guests who then praised me for my efforts in my father’s campaign to retain the governor’s seat once again. Some even said that we looked like the perfect couple which made me blush a little as we conversed with many other guests who approached us with only good things to say.

Eventually, I had to find my father, so I could begin my speech, and I left Chad with a couple from Santa Fe who were discussing whether their son should get into law since that was Chad’s main expertise. Weaving through the ballroom and giving quick greetings, I then found my father who was surrounded by ten donors who were all laughing with him.

I waved my hands to my father who noticed me, quickly excusing himself from the conversation and walking towards me with open arms. I smiled brightly and accepted his hug.

“I’m so happy you’re here, son. Everyone! This is my campaign advisor, best friend, and most of all, my most favorite son,” my father said with such enthusiasm.

“I’m your only son, Dad.”

My father chuckled and squeezed my shoulder. “He’ll be delivering us a speech for this fundraiser which will begin…now,” my father said, looking at his gold wristwatch. “Are you ready, son?”

I nodded confidently, and my father patted my back before I made my way to the stage, stepping onto the platform and positioning myself behind the podium. Soon the lights of the ballroom dimmed, and I opened a laptop, turning on the projector that displayed the first slide of the slideshow that I created myself onto the large screen behind me. The guests were quick to concentrate near the stage and when the crowd was quiet, I took the microphone from the podium and tapped my finger on it a couple times to check that it was working. I then looked directly at the crowd and smiled, beginning the introduction of my speech that went by flawlessly. Images of numerous people who arrived at our world with only the clothes on their backs were displayed on the screen, garnering empathy from the crowd as I continued with my speech that I revised numerous times until I knew it was perfect.

After, five minutes have passed, and my speech neared to a close, I looked at the screen that displayed a young orphan who was smiling with a toy bear clutched in her arms and said, “So, I ask you all this question. Are you willing to sacrifice some of your resources and donate to help these people in need? Or are you willing to just lay back as these people suffer for only wanting to pursue a dream, a dream to live in the land of opportunity and to coexist in peace? I understand that our country is very divided, with a literal wall dividing one-fourth of the United States from the rest of American society. However, donating tonight will not only help the people of the West Coast, but also send hope to everyone in this country and across the entire world that one day we will tear down the wall, so we can finally live in a country that is united once again. That is why this land is called the United States, as a country and as a people. Donate now and be rest assured that you will be making America more brilliant, beautiful, and benevolent with every penny you give away… Thank you.”

The last image of my slideshow of people holding hands as they stand in front of the wall was displayed, and I was met with enormous applause. I smiled and waved my hand at the crowd who clapped and cheered so enthusiastically even after I stepped off the stage. My father was the first person to approach me, giving me a tight hug, which I returned.

“You were excellent, my boy!” my father said pridefully.

“All for you, Dad,” I said, patting his back.

“You really are my favorite son.”

“Hey!”

I looked over my father’s shoulder to see Catt approaching us, clearly hearing what our father just said. “He said favorite son, Catt. Don’t get offended now.”

My father laughed and placed his arms around both of us. “Now, now, you two. I love you both very much. And thanks to you two, along with Clarisa and Calista, you just guaranteed my win for reelection. But most importantly, you’re helping everyone at the West Coast know that they aren’t alone. That’s all I can ask for.”

“Daddy, you’re going to make me cry,” Catt said, wiping away a fake tear.

I shook my head and laughed when a buzzing sound was heard, and my father reached into his pocket to get his phone.

“Ah, I need to take this call. You two enjoy the rest of the night.” Our father patted our shoulders and walked away with his phone glued to his ear.

“Well, I can’t enjoy the rest of the night until I know that every single guest and their chauffeur donated to this fundraiser. So, I’ll see you later, Chip,” Catt said, giving me a quick hug before walking into the crowd.

“You were great, babe!”

I jumped when a pair of hands clasped my shoulders, causing me to turn around and see my boyfriend smiling widely at me. “Thanks, Chad.”

“Do you want to leave now and…you know.” Chad looked at me seductively which caused me to blush. “What do you say?”

“Hell yeah,” I said, giving a quick but firm kiss on Chad’s lips. “Just let me use the restroom first.”

“Cool. I’ll be waiting at the front entrance,” Chad said, brushing his thumb along my cheekbone before walking away.

I watched the man who I was in love with, who was the only person who could make me feel so bubbly and cheery inside by just a look, and I was really looking forward to our time alone at his place. But I needed to use the restroom since I forgot to go before I left my home, so I quickly made my way through the ballroom and into the men’s restroom. It was surprisingly empty, which I didn’t mind at all as I walked into a stall and did my business. I felt relieved as the toilet flushed automatically, and I went to the sink that doubled as a hand dryer that made the task of washing and drying my hands very quick.

Looking at the mirror, I couldn’t stop myself from thinking about what Catt said to me back at my place, saying that I was no longer the geeky boy who fantasized about an imaginary world that I created entirely in my head, which I also imagined myself living in. I definitely changed, physically I mean from my hair that was styled perfectly before I even changed into my designer clothing to my body that was sculpted through many hours of working out in my home gym.

Outside, I was a different person, but I still considered myself the same person in the inside, a person who loved all things fantasy, science fiction, and anything that allowed me to escape to a different world. Worlds that had conflicts that were resolved after the last page was read, and everyone lived happily ever after. I wished that was true in my world and in my personal life; though, I was still grateful to have a loving and accepting family and boyfriend, especially since millions in this very country could only dream to have the life that I have. However, this fundraiser was a complete success and maybe one day we could all coexist and live happily in America.

Stepping back from the mirror, I began to leave the restroom when I heard a cracking sound that caused me to stop and turn around. I didn’t see anything at first, but then the cracking sound became louder and soon cracks appeared in the air, literal cracks that were getting larger with every second that passed. I was frozen in place as I watched the cracking, empty space suddenly shatter, causing me to fall backwards onto the floor as shard-like pieces shot in every direction. It felt like an explosion and when I looked forward again, I saw an unbelievable sight. A man on his hands and knees with many shards around him as he slowly stood up and looked at me with an unreadable expression on his face. I quickly got back onto my feet as well and when I asked who he was, he pulled out a gun from behind him. My eyes widened as this stranger aimed his weapon at me, and all I could stand there in frozen fear. This couldn’t be happening.

***

Slamming my dick hard and fast into his tight ass, the guy I picked up from a hookup app moaned loudly and shamelessly as my orgasm was building towards the peak of ecstasy. The guy was holding onto the footboard of my bed as I continued to hammer into him with such animalistic ferocity; it was too long since I had a good fuck, and this guy was taking it take a champion.

All my senses were alive as I looked and felt the body that I was vigorously fucking, hearing the man starting to cry out in immense pleasure as I hit his prostate over and over again, and the smell of sex and musk that only two men could emit that caused me to taste his sweaty skin before biting it. This caused the guy to scream as his orgasm struck his body, and all without him and me touching him his dick that shot onto the bed. Yeah, I was that good.

My own orgasm was only a few strokes away, so I thought it I should end it by pulling my cock out from the guy’s ass and moving so his face was right in front of my wet, hard rod. Holding onto his hair tightly, I removed the condom and jacked myself with my other hand, aiming my gun at his face before I fired my hot load. I roared out in incredible pleasure as my orgasm ripped through me, causing my body to convulse as I continued to shoot my load into his face and mouth. I was seeing stars as I tried to catch my breath, wincing when the guy started suckling on the head of my cock, sipping on the last bit of my nectar which earned him a pat on the head. I then moved on wobbly knees before collasping onto my bed with a pillow under my head as I enjoyed the afterglow of sex. The guy moved to lay by my side, snuggling his face on my shoulder, his eyes closed like he was ready to fall asleep.

“That was…fucking amazing,” the guy told me, kissing my shoulder lightly.

“Yeah, I’ve heard that before,” I said, tossing the condom into the nearby trashcan.

“If you don’t mind, can you hand me a towel?’ the guy asked.

I grabbed a pair of boxers of mine on the floor and tossed it to the guy who looked confused, but he then wiped away the cum from his face and tossed it back onto the floor. He then snuggled me again, but I wasn’t really having it as I turned to my side and reached for my phone on my nightstand. Checking the time, I knew that I needed to get ready now if I didn’t want to be late for work. So, sitting up and swinging my legs to the side of my bed, I was ready to start my nightshift.

“Don’t you want to sleep first?” the guy said, propping himself on his elbow.

“Nah, I can’t. I have to go to work soon, so I suggest you hurry and put your clothes back on,” I suggested, standing up and walking to the small dresser where my uniform was in.

The guy sighed, clearly sounding disappointed, but he did as I said and starting clothing himself. He was taking his sweet time though, and I needed him out of my house within the next minute since a shower was really required. So, I picked up his shirt and left shoe, tossing them to him. He finally seemed to get the hint and finished dressing himself.

I then escorted him to the front door where he turned around to face me and he said, “Well, that was a great time we had.”

“Yeah, it was. See you,” I said and proceeded to close the door.

“We’ll see each other again, right, Topher?” the guy said, placing his hand on the door.

Suppressing a sigh, I gave him a small smile and said, “Sure. We’ll meet again…um…”

“Jed,” the guy said, looking slightly hurt.

“Right. Bye, Ted.” The guy looked at me widened his eye, but I closed the door completely before he got a chance to say anything more.

I chuckled to myself as I walked to the bathroom and turned on the hot water of the shower. The guy was obviously already infatuated with me even though we only texted each other for less than five minutes before he agreed to drive to my place. Though it was flattering, I didn’t have time for guys who thought they could start something more than a one-night stand with me, let alone snuggle with me like we were married couple or some shit like that. I fucked them and ditched them which might sound bad, but I don’t give any inclinations that I wanted more than a hot fuck like when we chat on the app before we fuck and after when I get the guys to leave my place as soon as possible.

Don’t get me wrong. I’m not the kind of person who doesn’t believe in love. I knew that one day I would want to settle down with someone who I loved and would want to devote my entire life with until death; however, I also knew that my job as an agent for the Department of Homeland Security didn’t leave me much time for me to pursue that dream. So, I used an app to get quick fucks that allowed me to release my sexual energy and all the stress that came with my job. I was only twenty-five, so I had plenty of time to get my life together before time turned me into an old man. However…I thought the exact same thing when I was eighteen and then got kicked out my home with only my grandmother of my dead mother to take care of me… I returned from my internal turmoil and got into the shower, sighing in relief as the warm water began washing away the sweat and cum from my skin.

Ten minutes later, I finished showering and toweled myself dry before putting on my uniform and body armor that consisted of a medium gray shirt, pants of the same color, and a black, bulletproof vest that doubled as a utility vest. After stepping into my black boots, I grabbed my phone from the nightstand and walked out of my one-story house to my car. I checked my sideview mirror and then eyed my stubble that was growing thicker, which I liked, and thankfully the law enforcement agency that I worked for, known as INK, was not stubborn about whether its agents grew their hair or beards as long as it didn’t infer with our performance on-duty. Scratching my cheek, I then put on my seatbelt and started my car, reversing out of my short driveway and turning onto the street. Increasing the volume of my favorite country radio station, I then made my drive to the agency as I sang along to the raw voice of the singer.

It was just a fifteen-minute drive to the agency since it was the nighttime, and few people wanted to be driving in the dark, especially in a small city like Honeybunch which bordered right next to the wall that separate the westernmost states of the country. Not many people wanted to risk encountering time shifters who managed to cross the wall through the vetting system and when one of them disregarded the laws put in place, the agents of INK and I were the ones who responded when shit hit the fan.

We weren’t the most liked people in this country, plenty of scandals and misinformation spread by the media as soon as a time shifter appeared to have been mistreated by INK agents or died as the worst-case scenario. But we were the only current solution to the time shifters who were trying to cross the wall illegally, guarding the country from potential criminals and terrorists. However, what wasn’t known to many was that we also protected time shifters who were able to cross the wall legally and were met with violence due to the major stigma of being associated with a group of people responsible for the deteriorating conditions of the West Coast. We were not hateful towards these people, and though some held some negative opinions about time shifters, we all placed them aside, so we could devote our time and energy to return order in a world gone mad.

After I parked my car and entered the building, I was greeted by my fellow agents who were all performing various tasks like paperwork. I, however, was responsible for patrolling the streets of Honeybunch during the night with my partner who was already waiting at our agency-assigned vehicle. Munching on a small bag of chips, he turned to me and nodded.

I nodded back and said, “Ready for action?”

“Always am, Topher,” Malcolm, a man in his mid-sixties said. “Let’s go!”

I smiled and got into the driver’s seat as Malcolm tried to get his fuller frame onto the passenger’s seat without too much struggle before resuming to his late dinner snack.

“I’m not cleaning up after you, so don’t get any crumbs on the seat this time,” I mentioned as I started the car and began exiting the garage.

“Don’t worry. I won’t make too much of a mess,” Malcolm assured as he dumped the remaining chips into his mouth. “Do you mind if we go to that Mexican restaurant five minutes from here? I’ll pay.”

“Malcolm. You really need to watch what you’re eating. I’m not joking. It’s already affecting your performance as an agent,” I warned my partner as he shoved the empty bag into the glove compartment.

“If it makes you feel any better, I’ll go into the restaurant and order inside rather than do drive thru. All right?”

I sighed, knowing that I wouldn’t be able to convince Malcolm, especially when he was hankering for cheap Mexican food. “Fine, but next time I’m taking us to someplace vegan, off-duty.”

“God, and be surrounded by those self-righteous, beanie-wearing hipsters. No way. I’ll also order a salad on the side if it’ll calm your tits.”

I just rolled my eyes as I drove to the restaurant as Malcolm wanted. As promised, he ordered inside the eating establishment, and he came back only five minutes later with a brown bag that was soaked with grease at the bottom. He gave me my order of a vegetarian burrito that still tasted mainly of grease for some reason as my partner munched on a beef enchilada in a foam container with a small salad on the side that was nothing more than shredded lettuce. Despite not enjoying my meal, Malcolm made the mood better as he asked about how my life was going so far.

I really considered him not only as my partner, but also as a father figure of sorts since he was always concerned with my wellbeing even though he should place that same amount of concern onto himself as well. He was very stubborn when it came to his health, but that flaw was also why I cared about the man since he would keep pressuring me to tell him what was wrong whenever I was struggling with something major. He would not let down until I finally told him my issues, and though he was very conservative-minded when it came to social issues like time shifters wanting to cross the other side of the wall, he was actually open to the fact that I was gay.

As our friendship grew and developed, so did his beliefs on gay people, to the point he would ask me frequently whether I was seeing someone; though, I would always change the subject since talking about my love life with a man who was like a father to me wasn’t the most comfortable situation to be in. We cared for each other and watched each other’s backs as partners and as friends and that was all I could ask for in life.

“Man, that was delicious,” Malcolm said as shoved the trash into the glove compartment.

I just chuckled and was about to start the car when I felt my phone buzzing in my pocket. Taking it out, I saw the person calling was my grandmother, so I answered the call with the camera on. My grandmother’s face was then displayed on the screen and I greeted her with a smile.

“Hey, Grandma.”

“Don’t ‘Hey, Grandma’ me, Topher. You haven’t visited your old lady for a week now. When are you coming over?” my grandmother said sternly.

“You know I’m busy with work and all,” I explained.

“Well, you need to come by soon, so I can at least cut your hair. It’s getting too long.”

“Don’t worry about that. I’ll just use a hair tie and make it into a manbun.”

“Don’t you dare,” my grandmother warned which caused me to chuckle.

“Relax. It was just a joke.”

“Then you’re going to visit soon, right?”

I nodded. “I’m off two days from now. I’ll come by before noon, and you can go wild with my hair.”

“Good. I’ll see you then. Oh, and telling your partner, Malcolm, that I said hi.”

“He’s with me right now actually.”

“Hello, Barbara,” Malcolm greeted.

“Malcolm! Good to see you. It looks like you need a trim too.”

“Maybe I should come over to your place as well to have my haircut,” Malcolm suggested.

“You should. It’s free,” my grandmother said in a tone that sounded like she was flirting which caused me to feel queasy.

“Anyway, I’m on-duty right now, grandma. So, we have to go.”

“All right. Stay safe, you two, and I mean it.”

“We will, Barbara, and I’ll watch you grandson’s back like always,” Malcolm assured.

My grandmother smiled and said goodbye before ending the video call. Placing my phone back into my pocket, I then looked at my partner who had a smile on his face. However, I ignored it and started the car once again, driving out of the restaurant’s parking lot and back onto the streets of Honeybunch. It was quiet for the most part, only a couple of calls from dispatch that were taken by other agents patrolling around the city.

It was a very peaceful night…that was until the crack of the police radio was heard and dispatch informed me that a possible dimensional disturbance was detected at a hotel at the west side of the city. We were only five minutes away from that location, and I picked up the radio to inform the dispatcher that we were heading over there. The dispatcher then warned me that the readings were especially abnormal and that we should exercise extreme caution when we arrived. Turning the car around, I began driving towards the hotel with the sirens on.

“Dimensional disturbance, huh? Here in Honeybunch? It must be serious if a time shifter is entering our world that is not the West Coast,” Malcolm inferred.

“You’re right. So, expect the worse once we get there, okay?” I said.

“I always am, sonny,” Malcolm said as he pulled out his handgun from his vest.

It wasn’t long for us to arrive at the hotel where I stopped and parked the car near the front entrance. A valet appeared, ready to park my car, but then stumbled back as I stepped out of the vehicle with my handgun out. I passed the teenager and quickly maneuvered to the open doors with Malcolm right behind me. Entering inside, I quickly discovered that the place was completely surrounded by people in expensive formalwear who all looked at both me and my partner with shock.

“Can you sense where the disturbance is, Topher?” Malcolm asked.

Ignoring the people’s reactions to our presence, I shut them out and closed my eyes. Focusing my attention…and then I sensed it.

Opening my eyes, I turned my head to face Malcolm and said, “Follow me.”

Walking through the people who all stepped away from our path, I quickly entered what appeared to be a ballroom, and it was completely filled with the same people who all reacted upon seeing two INK agents with their guns out. They all parted like the Red Sea as we moved towards the other side of the ballroom where the restrooms were located when a loud explosion was heard. It alarmed everyone, causing them to start stampeding out of the ballroom. Malcolm and I pushed through the panicked crowd and entered the men’s restroom where I pressed my body against the wall that blocked the interior of the restroom from view.

I signaled Malcolm to remain silent with quick hand motions, which he responded to with a firm nod. Stepping closer to the edge of the wall, I then looked into the restroom and saw two individuals. One of them had his back towards me with his hands in the air, and the other I could confidently identify as a time shifter based on the veins that glowed a bright blue color, a clear indication of someone who just shifted into our world with many shard-like pieces surrounding him…and he was carrying a gun that was aimed right at the other man. Acting fast, I turned around the corner of the wall and yelled out to the time shifter to lower his gun and drop it with my own gun aimed at his fucking head.

The time shifter looked at me with surprise, but instead of lowering his gun, he fired his gun at the civilian. Time slowed down as I made my way to the civilian, pushing him out of the way. We both fell to the floor, and Malcolm appeared from the wall and fired his gun at the shifter, perfectly shooting his gun away. The man shouted out in pain as he held his hand, and Malcolm ordered the shifter to get down on his knees with his hands behind his head. This time, the shifter followed the orders, but as Malcolm approached him, the man’s veins started glowing an even brighter blue before his body was surrounded by a blinding light. He then disappeared from sight as I laid there with the man next to me, clearly shaken by what just happened, and me as well.

I knew that entering our world was only a one-way trip, so to see a shifter disappear to who knew where worried me to no end. Malcolm looked just as stunned as I stood back up and extended my hand out to the man, asking him if he was hurt.

“I don’t think so,” the man said.

That voice sounded familiar and when he grabbed my hand and lifted himself up, one look at his pretty-boy face brought me back to the past. He seemed to have recognized me as well.

“T…Topher?”

I couldn’t believe this shit; it was more unbelievable than a time shifter entering our world beyond the wall and disappearing completely from view. I looked at Chip who looked back at me with uncertainty and mentally cursed, no other place could these coincidences have occurred at the same time other than the city of Honeybunch, New Mexico.

Copyright © 2019 Superpride; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 4
  • Love 2
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

10 minutes ago, Onim said:

Love it!! Great start...:D :heart:

 

Thank you for the comment!  There's definitely more to come.  😄

  • Love 1
Link to comment
  • Site Moderator

Hullabaloo is defined as a mess or commotion and this is what we seem to have here. This was an interesting and gripping beginning chapter.

  • Love 1
Link to comment
6 minutes ago, drpaladin said:

Hullabaloo is defined as a mess or commotion and this is what we seem to have here. This was an interesting and gripping beginning chapter.

 

Indeed.  The world in this story is in turmoil with different opinions and commotion about the time shifters causing a divided United States for example.  The lore of this story will be explained more as it continues, which I'm very excited to reveal.  And thank you for the comment!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
  • Site Moderator
1 hour ago, Superpride said:

 

Indeed.  The world in this story is in turmoil with different opinions and commotion about the time shifters causing a divided United States for example.  The lore of this story will be explained more as it continues, which I'm very excited to reveal.  And thank you for the comment!

 

Chip's father and mother are certainly fond of the letter "C." I won't get into his boyfriend Chad or that Topher is an alternate for Christopher.  :) Lots of "C's."

Edited by drpaladin
  • Love 1
Link to comment
5 minutes ago, drpaladin said:

Chip's father and mother are certainly fond of the letter "C." I won't get into his boyfriend Chad or that Topher is an alternate for Christopher.  :) Lots of "C's."

 

Haha.  I know.  It's a guilty pleasure of mine to have similar-sounding names for characters who are related to one another.  😋

  • Like 1
Link to comment
  • Site Moderator
9 minutes ago, Superpride said:

 

Haha.  I know.  It's a guilty pleasure of mine to have similar-sounding names for characters who are related to one another.  😋

I C.  lol  No complaints here. Be as guilty as you want to be.

  • Love 1
Link to comment
5 minutes ago, drpaladin said:

I C.  lol  No complaints here. Be as guilty as you want to be.

 

I will 😁

  • Like 1
Link to comment
  • Site Moderator

You suddenly changed the name of the town which also changed the name of the story. I liked the other one better. This sounds like kid's cereal.  :P

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
On 4/20/2019 at 4:00 AM, drpaladin said:

You suddenly changed the name of the town which also changed the name of the story. I liked the other one better. This sounds like kid's cereal.  :P

Yeah, sorry about that.  I just wanted the title to match more with Sweetheart, West Virginia since the name is also a term of endearment. I’m control freaking like that. Hopefully it’ll grow on you as the story continues. And I also thought about the cereal when I changed the name haha.

Link to comment
  • Site Moderator
28 minutes ago, Superpride said:

Yeah, sorry about that.  I just wanted the title to match more with Sweetheart, West Virginia since the name is also a term of endearment. I’m control freaking like that. Hopefully it’ll grow on you as the story continues. And I also thought about the cereal when I changed the name haha.

It's your prerogative, but it won't grow on me. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..