Jump to content
    thecalimack
  • Author
  • 312 Words
  • 503 Views
  • 1 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Prompt Me This - 3. Prompt 482 - Creative

The challenge of this prompt was...
Use the following words in a story – a tree limb, a garbage bag, a lemon, a chicken, and bees.
Nathan studied the meal before him, a beautiful batch of lemon chicken with lemon-kiwi iced tea. Noel was gingerly cutting slices for them both, humming to the tune playing on the radio. It was serene.
 
Too serene.
 
"Babe, did something happen?"
 
Noel looked up at Nathan with a soft smile. "Just in a good mood."
 
That didn't answer anything for him, so he asked again. "Why in such a good mood, babe?"
 
"Oh, just something went according to plan." He was serving them both slices of the chicken. A feeling kept nagging on Nathan's instincts however. Noel was never this nice unless something...
 
...malicious...
 
...happened...
 
Oh, Lord.
 
"Noel, what did you do?"
 
Noel smiled evilly as he set the utensils down. "Someone tried to spray-paint our house, so I did a little payback."
 
"Payback," Nathan drawled, letting the word roll out of his mouth. You gave payback. To some hoodlums."
 
"The idiots tried to vandalize our property, so I borrowed your rifle and shot a tree limb above their little hideout."
 
Nathan sputtered and choked on his drink, not sure whether to laugh or admonish his lover. "I'm sorry, you what?!"
 
Noel shrugged and brought a slice of chicken to his lips. "I didn't expect the bee hive, though. The bees were an extra sight to behold. They were running out in a panic. I think someone tried to hide in a garbage bag." Noel snickered, obviously thinking back on the incident. "I used a silencer, so no one heard it. My shoulder smarts, though."
 
Nathan groaned and wondered how did he fall in love with this man.
 
He took a bite of the chicken and remembered how the man poured love into his work.
 
Just don't cross him too bad.
We appreciate all feedback and I hope you enjoyed!
I'm also trying to get back to writing, so follow this thread of Prompts or check out the latest chapter in His Happiness!
Copyright © 2016 thecalimack; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..