Jump to content
    Thirdly
  • Author
  • 2,656 Words
  • 1,295 Views
  • 0 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

He's a Bastard - 13. Chapter 13- The Less You Carry…

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Chapter 13- The Less You Carry…

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

~SEVERAL YEARS AGO:~

Itharos’s POV:

As we all exited the library in varying states of drowsiness, Makith stayed behind and tugged on my arm in the hallway to talk to me privately. The academy's hallways were always empty during the darkest hours of the night.

"Itharos...these will be our last days together after graduation." He began as his golden eyes fell to the floor. "I plan to remain in my home dimension as an Idler. But, you...you plan to Wander, is that correct?"

"Yes, I've always wanted to go to as many different dimensions as possible," I admitted. "Ever since I was ten."

"I do not want to keep you from those dreams..." Makith replied as his fingers began to nervously fiddle with the end of one of his blue dreadlocks. "However, I do wish that you would visit my dimension every once in a while." He added rapidly before walking past me.

"H-hey, wait!" I called as I took hold of the nymph's wrist. "Makith...by not wanting to keep me from my dreams," I said as I lifted Makith's chin with my hand. "Should I take that to mean that you would rather I took up residence in your dimension permanently?"

I saw Makith fight down a blush. But, I wasn’t prepared for him to lunge himself at me, sealing our lips together in a desperate kiss. He didn’t allow me to come up for air until he had thoroughly explored my mouth. When we finally pulled away, I knew that I was the one blushing this time.

"Yes," He told me breathlessly. "I wish you would take up residence in my dimension permanently with me."

"Five years," I vowed when I finally caught my breath. "Give me five years and I'll move into your dimension."

:::::

Makith’s POV:

...but, the five years had come and gone with no sign of Itharos at all. And there I was, held captive in Revelin's mansion by the very man he had been waiting for. A long sigh fell from my lips. I was immediately tethered to the ceiling and chained to the ground. But, the other two hostages were tossed in a dungeon. I did not remember Revelin ever owning a dungeon before. I wondered if it was among the 'renovations' that Itharos gave the place.

My wrists tugged at the bindings as Itharos came back into the room. "Whenever I envisioned being bound by you," I drawled. "It certainly was not as uncomfortable and it also involved a bed."

Itharos approached him. "They will come for you," He said as he trailed his fingers along the side of my throat. "And then, I'll finally rid myself of them one at a time."

What did he mean by finally? I thought. "Since when have you ever wanted to 'rid yourself' of your friends? Friends close enough to be like family!" I asked aloud. "What has happened to you?" The final question trembled in the air in a fragile tone.

Itharos turned his head slightly, as if he were listening to something. "No, I won't lose my reserve. I will go through with it." His silver eyes then turned their attention back to me. "Only without your home dimension and friends will you truly be mine. There will be nothing left but me."

I began to tune out all of the words that came out of Itharos's mouth after that. I was too busy focusing on the man's body language. Yes, there. His pupils. Whenever the Wanderer turned his head slightly, the pupils of his eyes changed from black to navy blue. The change was minute and difficult to catch, but I was certain of it. Perhaps my beloved Itharos was not truly himself, but possessed.

"Itharos…" I called in a voice that was dripping with lust. I needed a closer look at those pupils, and I knew of only one way to get Itharos to come closer. "I missed you." I keened as I began to sway in place, as sinuously as I could within his bindings. "Please," I begged, my eyelids falling to half-mast. "Touch me?"

Though Itharos didn't seem to show any sort of reaction on his face, the lower half of his body certainly responded to my enticements. The teal-haired man eventually let out a husky growl and quickly closed the distance between us, cupping my clothed package and squeezing it gently until I let out a light moan.

"Itharos!" I hissed, feeling aroused in spite of myself. But, even past such arousal, I observed Itharos's demeanor.

For a mere moment, the Wanderer appeared to be startled. A strange expression formed on his face shortly before he stumbled backwards. When Itharos opened his eyes, the navy blue had taken over not only the pupils, but the irises as well. "He belongs to me now, nymph," A strange voice rumbled out of Itharos's mouth. "If you want to live, don't even attempt to seduce him again."

"You are mistaken if you believe that you will be able to keep control of that body when our friends arrive." I shot back. "And you are a fool if you think that I won't take him back."

"We shall see, nymph. We shall see."

:::::::::::::::

 

Duncan’s POV:

I scratched at my own arms furiously as I paced the prison cell that we were tossed into. "What if they never find us?" I asked out loud.

"Don't worry," Damien replied. "Dandelion and I were in even worse situations and Revelin still managed to find us. You know, for a 'magician messenger' you haven't even tried to escape on your own."

I half-pouted as I narrowed my eyes at Damien. "Well, I do not know absolutely everything about magic or that…what did you call it? ‘Vim’ that those Wanderers are so famous for."

"Oh, is that all?" Damien teased. "I merely figured that a spoiled prince like yourself would hardly ever use magic on his own. He'd rather force everyone else around him to use it instead."

I took several steps back so fast that my back hit the wall. "S-s-spoiled prince indeed!" I stuttered. "Ah, that is to say, I'm not royalty so you sh-shouldn't even address me as such…"

"Really?" Damien asked incredulously as he stood up from where he was sitting on the floor. "You will still deny that you're a prince to my face?" He approached me one step at a time, effectively cornering me. "No magician messenger would spend their hard-earned money on fancy clothing." He pointed out as I flattened his back against the wall. "No magician messenger speaks as properly as you do." I gasped as Damien leaned down to whisper into my ear. "Though I could care less what title you truly have, I would prefer not to be lied to any longer."

I felt a shiver rolling down my spine when I realized that I was completely trapped by the golden-eyed prince. My heart was beating faster than I had ever felt it beat before. "I…am sincerely sorry that I lied about my status." I confessed, my mouth feeling a little dry. "I am the real crown prince of the Sonnets, Prince Duncan. Saul is my younger brother, despite his height."

"Let me guess," Damien theorized. "You wanted to take a good look at what the princess was like before being forced to marry her? But, why did you continue to pretend to be a magician messenger? Her marrying your brother would not have affected the peace between our lands…"

"I didn't want to be the crown prince at all," I explained. "I wanted to travel past the lands of our kingdoms…" I took a chance and peered up at golden eyes, a blush forming on my cheeks. "A-and I think I've fallen for someone that I shouldn't have and I needed some time to allow those feelings to fade."

"As if I would ever let them fade," Damien hissed as he quickly dove down to thoroughly claim my lips.

"D-Damien," I gasped, taken completely by surprise. I tried to deter him between kisses. "We shouldn't…be doing this." My hands clutched onto the blonde's shirt, tugging him closer as the kisses grew deeper.

A chuckle fell from Damien's lips. "Your words and your actions contradict each other, Prince Duncan."

I instinctively huffed. "It is your fault, Prince Damien. You make me weak."

"I sure hope that I always make you weak," Damien replied with a smile. "I plan to keep you for my own."

“Wh-what about your sister?” I questioned. I couldn’t think up any other tactics with which to make him snap out of it.

“Didn’t you know?” Damien countered. “I am older than her by two minutes. I am Darenvy’s crown prince.”

As I felt the blonde’s arms wrapping around my waist in a tight hug, I was quite amazed that he was able to bring me such comfort while in a prison cell of another dimension. “Th-then perhaps I do not mind it as much if you…keep me for your own.” I conceded as he chuckled against the side of my neck.

::::::

 

Cyrus’s POV:

"This is my assistant, Cyrus Kairos." Revelin finally told Verity.

I was beginning to wonder when he was going to actually introduce me. I held out my hand to the white-haired Wanderer and she shook it firmly.

"An assistant with an actual title. That's a first," Verity mused. "You must do your job well."

A sheepish smile began to form on my face at the compliment, but a blush took over its place when Alexandra began to speak.

"That's nothing, V-girl," Alexandra added with a smirk. "You should see the little fireworks that go off between them when they think no one's looking."

Revelin cleared his throat and motioned for us to near him. On the ground was something that resembled an arch-passage; it was assembled haphazardly with stones from the ruins around them.

I squinted my eyes as I tried to make out what he used in order to draw horrendously onto each stone. "Is that…purple lipstick?"

"Well, none of us had a permanent marker at hand or anything of the like," Alexandra huffed.

"Why don't Wanderers ever carry any actual equipment with them?" I asked aloud.

Verity, Alexandra, and Revelin looked at one another before settling their gazes back on me. I felt rather small and naïve as I felt the weight of the wisdom hidden behind each set of eyes.

"The less you carry, the less you have to lose." They all replied almost at the same time.

"Honestly, what do they even teach at the Academy these days?" Alexandra wondered. "I'm an Idler and I still know that much."

"I think that they toned down the curriculum rather drastically after our graduating class," Revelin suggested.

"The sad part is that I can't even blame them," Verity concluded as she helped Revelin activate the rough arch-passage.

"Our first stop will be my platform," Revelin warned. "From there, we should be able to decide and plan how to…I never thought I'd ever say this…reclaim my family's mansion, and free the others."

"That is, if it's still in one piece," I murmured as, one by one, we stepped through the arch-passage.

**

"Nice training platform," Alexandra purred as she immediately began to write symbols on the ground with her shoes along with Verity. The two girls began to spar playfully while Revelin and I looked on.

"This is why I prefer to work alone," Revelin sighed. His blue eyes focused their attention on me and I subconsciously took a step back. "I will need you to trust me completely for this." He said before using his Vim as a blindfold and wrapping it over my eyes.

"I already don't like the sound of this...is this supposed to be some type of trust training?" I asked warily as my body adjusted to the lack of vision. "Wait, where are you taking me?" I asked when I felt Revelin's hand tugging on my wrist.

"I'm simply leading you to the center of the platform," Revelin answered. He called Alexandra and Verity to him and they began to whisper animatedly. I frowned beneath the blindfold.

"Dip down too feet towards your right with your left shoulder leaning away." Came the command.

I was still feeling unsure and awkward, but I slowly did as my mentor asked. Almost immediately, I felt something sharp cut through my sleeve and scrape against my skin. "Ouch!" I hissed.

"Jump forward."

This time, I didn't hesitate, but I felt the hairs on the back of my neck stand up as I felt a column of heat behind me. That was when it hit me. I was being trained by two veteran Wanderers and a veteran Idler all at the same time.

"Drop to the ground and roll to the right; six rotations."

I wasn't allowed to see, so I was forced to follow Revelin's precise instructions or risk being injured. When I was cut for the second time, I hissed and cursed. When I was cut a third time, I threw all of my concentration into the sound of my mentor's voice. I listened, I moved, I felt, and I let go of all thoughts.

"Enough." Revelin stated loudly.

I felt the Vim slide off my face and blinked my eyes open. The platform was peppered with scorch marks, ice shards, and rubble. I merely sported a few bleeding scratches.

"Well?" My mentor asked, his voice practically purring.

"He certainly trusts you from a distance, Limber," Alexandra noted.

"Though his Vim is a bit chaotic, he seems to have excellent control over it," Verity added. "You have trained him well."

"You did good, Cyber," Alexandra praised as she reached out to ruffle my hair.

"Cyber?" I questioned incredulously.

"It suits you," She simply replied.

"If you are careful enough and put your trust in us, you will not be harmed," Verity concluded. She was the one that activated yet another haphazardly built arch-passage that time, created from the rubble of the platform. "Let's go."

I was going to walk through the passage right after Verity and Alexandra, but Revelin's hand held onto my shoulder and forced me to stop. I turned around to give him a questioning glance.

His smile was devoid of any smugness or mischief, it was genuine. "You haven't tensed once since you were blindfolded. Not when Alexandra ruffled your hair. Not even when I touched you just now."

My eyes widened when I realized as much. He was right. I didn't even shy away at any of the contact. I let out a gasp when I was pulled into a hug, but for once, my body was simply surprised and not stiff. "H-hey!" I warned. "Don't you dare think that just because I'm a bit more laid back now you can do whatever you want-"

I wasn't able to finish threatening him. Not when my mouth became obscured by his fervent kiss. Never had I felt such warmth fluttering around me. Damn, but it wasn't fair. How could a simple kiss arouse me so badly? My hands slid down his shirt to clench at the hem while his tongue tried to take over my very mouth. When his arms tightened around my shoulders and waist, I forced myself to pull back. "N-now is not the time for this," I breathed.

Revelin smirked as his darkened blue eyes stared into my dazed ones. "You really don't have any idea how sexy you are," He whispered huskily, finally letting me go and walking towards the arch-passage. "Especially when you wear anything other than those hideous pajamas."

He ducked through the passage and I ran in right after him. I sent a silent prayer to the cosmos that we would all come out alive, even if not entirely in one piece.

Copyright © 2015 Thirdly; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 7
  • Wow 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..