Jump to content
    Thirdly
  • Author
  • 942 Words
  • 2,048 Views
  • 2 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

He's a Bastard - 1. Chapter 1- My Mentor's a Man-slut

spacer.png

He was a bastard…there was seriously no other way for me to describe it.

He was also a "man-slut," a manipulative rat, an egotistical dickhead...

Oh, dear cosmos and all the other spirits that may exist in the universe...

How the freaking hell have I fallen in love with him?

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Chapter 01- My Mentor's a Man-slut

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

My hazel eyes squinted at the odd name typed across the top of the chart in my hands. Revelin Eferize. How could a name sound so pretentious without so much as a face to go with it, the man's embellished rumors aside? Out of all the positions I was qualified for at the Academy, I was assigned to Wander training. Wanderers were barely more than jacks-of-all-trades for hire and required being under a Mentor. My mentor just happened to be this Revelin Eferize and his fancy name. For a moment, I thought of my own name. Could Cyrus Kairos be considered a snotty name?

I took a moment to scratch the top of my long, platinum hair. To make a good impression, I went through the trouble of straightening out my unruly curls and braiding the layered mess into a low ponytail. A nagging feeling at the back of my head warned me that anything with an acronym that spelled out "WRECK" (as in, "Wanderers Revelin Eferize and Cyrus Kairos") was bound to be a wreck itself. But, I fought all of those insecurities back down where they belonged.

According to the chart in my hands, my Mentor-to-be was a Wanderer in high demand. He had apparently saved an entire town from being flooded single-handedly, among other supposedly noble deeds. Mentor Eferize was always spoken of in tones of high praise and admiration back at the Academy. But, I knew better than anyone that appearances could be deceiving, and that rumors were always exaggerated down the line. The receptionist at the Assigning Office that handed me my paperwork told me that Revelin's understudies in the past never remained under his wing for long.

The doubts swirled around in my mind as I knocked on the door. What kind of mansion didn't have a doorbell and security cameras at the ready? When nearly a full minute went by with no answer, I knocked more loudly. The Academy had assured me that Revelin Eferize was notified of my assignment. Why would he have sent over a copy of the key, otherwise? With a long sigh, I opened the door with that very key.

Almost as soon as I entered the doorway, I heard the loud crash of something breaking in the distance. Did someone just fall? Were they injured? Thinking the worst, I ran in the direction of the sound. What if it was a thief? What were the chances of being the first graduate of the Academy whose Mentor dropped dead on day one of training? The sounds of something clattering onto the floors persisted as I approached an open door. The moment I stepped through it, I knew that my peaceful days were over.

The person I could only assume was Wanderer Revelin Eferize was thrusting fervently into a freckled, copper-haired young man whose upper body was pressed flat against a table. Was that a workroom? The noises that I heard were the sounds of the table legs lifting and falling with each of their movements. Of all the things that came first to my mind at that moment, it was of a mental note to never use that table and to always wash my hands if I ever had to do anything in that room that didn't require wearing gloves.

Then, as I pushed through the shock of the situation, I managed to yell something akin to "Excuse me!" before turning around and just barely keeping myself from bashing my head against the door. During my first few minutes of training, I already had my Mentor's naked back burned into my brain. Besides the firm buttocks that I had tried not to think about just then, I also noted that Revelin Eferize had shoulder-length jet black hair that swayed with each of his motions...

I shook my head in horror. Since I was still trying desperately to shake away the image of my mentor fucking someone up against the wall, I couldn't will my legs to move me back through the door and out of the room. Talk about first impressions! Hell, I didn't even notice that the sounds of their fornicating died away the moment I spoke. All I wanted was to march right back to the Assigning Office and pray to be traded off to another Mentor, preferably one who didn't have sex in an unlocked workroom of his mansion the day of his trainee's arrival.

"You must be Cyrus Kairos," A voice whispered in my ear, startling the hell out of me. "I must have written down the wrong date of your arrival. I wasn't expecting you for another ten days."

The lousy liar, I thought as I clenched my fists and raised my chin with what little dignity I had left before turning around to bravely look my Mentor in the eye, and most definitely not any other part of his anatomy...only to freeze in place as I stared into the richest blue eyes I had ever seen. They were the kind of blue eyes that were nearly indigo with lighter flecks of blue and a few slivers of silver in them. I couldn't force any words past my lips even if I wanted to.

"Welcome to my abode." Revelin finished with a smirk firmly in place.

 
Copyright © 2015 Thirdly; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 8
  • Haha 1
  • Wow 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

On 3/10/2017 at 2:07 PM, Timothy M. said:

What an excellent start. I shall enjoy wandering along with the WRECK duo. :rofl:

 

Ok, for the sake of my own organization, I decided to make sure that each post has a response to make the comments even...that way I know that there has been a change if the numbers go "odd." (not sure if I'm making any sense)  I'm taking what you told me at the end of this tale at face value and I really hope you ignore most of this spammage. 

 

In response to this comment: Yes, I thought it was amusing that their title and names spelled out WRECK. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..