Jump to content
    Thirdly
  • Author
  • 1,141 Words
  • 1,231 Views
  • 8 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

My Faceless Encounter with Ashur - 1. My Faceless Encounter with Ashur

Nestor’s POV:

“You look like you have the weight of the whole world on your shoulders.”

I was actually startled as the sound of my husband’s voice cut through my wandering thoughts and brought me back to the present, where I was seated at a desk staring at a computer screen with the address to where Ashur was being held. Alrico’s voice was gentle and full of concern, and yet it carried so much power. He was more than my light, he was a relentless flame that seemed determined to turn my past failures into ashes.

“That’s because it’s exactly what it feels like,” I responded. “The weight of the whole world.”

I always trusted him with the truth. When he first took an interest in me, I was still struggling with controlling my impulses and getting a better handle on my emotions. Though I had tried to push him away by telling him about my past, it had the opposite effect. The honesty between us was what helped to solidify our relationship.

“I’ve told you about my years at high school,” I prompted. “I’ve told you what Ashur was like. A part of me cared about him, possibly even loved him, but I was just a tool to him. Just like everyone else.” I continued as Alrico wrapped his arms around my shoulders from behind in a hug. “He found enjoyment in manipulating others into doing whatever he wanted. And, I have to admit that a part of me is scared that he’ll figure out why I’m really there too soon…”

“Even if he does figure it out, the important thing is that you’d have tried,” my mate pointed out. “Remember how good you said you felt when you were finally able to apologize to Avion and he accepted it?” He added. “Letting go of that guilt was good for you. I don’t want you to be tortured by guilt again. So, just try and then let the chips fall where they may. Remember that you’re not to blame for Ashur’s possible lack of cooperation.”

A smirk tugged the corner of my lips. “Will I be rewarded for my efforts, I wonder?” I teased.

With double the dessert,” Alrico whispered heatedly into my ear.

The insinuation caused a shiver to roll down my spine. I could think of no better motivation than that. When my gaze once again fell on the prison location, it was with a glint of determination.

::

When I walked into the reception area, I was given once-overs by a few of the women I passed. But, the ring on my left finger usually kept any touches at bay. I was instructed to place all of my personal belongings, including my cellphone into a small locker before being checked in. I was printed a visiting badge and made my way through a metal detector. I was told that Ashur was not allowed in the regular visiting area and I was only allowed to visit him through a non-contact box.

That was actually a relief. Ashur and I were not going to be able to physically see one another, just talk. My mere body language and the look in my eyes could have given away what I was really there for. Since it was only our voices, I just had to concentrate on keeping my voice leveled.

I took a few calming breaths as they brought Ashur over to the box.

“Nes?” Ashur asked hesitantly.

“Ash,” I responded. During high school, Ashur did most of the talking. I had to take care not to get too talkative.

“I can hardly believe it,” Ashur responded, sounding relieved. “When they told me it was you, I thought I might have been hearing things.”

“Never imagined we’d meet again under these circumstances,” I admitted. The statement was true.

“Yeah, these shitty-ass circumstances,” Ashur scoffed. “Have you heard about how I got here?”

“Not all the details,” I replied as I tried to remember to keep my responses short. I heard him shifting as if he was leaning forward to tell me a secret. A frown formed on my face as I recalled him doing the same in the past many times.

“I found our favorite little albino yapper,” he rumbled like a feline. I could almost imagine the smirk on his face. “He’s an Omega. Can you imagine? How much fun we would have had if one of us laid claim to him when he turned eighteen.”

I took in a sharp breath of air as my hands balled up into fists. Though I had denied it when we were in high school, it was unmistakable just what kind of “fun” Ashur wanted to have with the yorkie. Once again, I was disgusted with how I had allowed myself to be led around by someone like him.

“I know, right?” Ashur continued, having taken my sharp breath for surprise. “An Omega.” His tone of voice shifted as it began to drip with anger. “But, I was beaten to the chase by Lexus Streicher. It’s his fault I’m here. Him and a bunch of other pussies.”

“Lexus and others?” I asked.

“Yeah, but don’t think I let them get away with it,” Ashur drawled. “A few subordinates owed me and I had them pay me back through a few scares.”

“Subordinates?”

“No one you know,” the prisoner pointed out. “Just a few cocksuckers I caught fucking with professors on campus. Malcom and Jacob.”

“You sure I don’t know them?” I prompted. I doubted that I would get afar with such common first names. I needed Ashur to divulge just a little more.

“Well, I mean Jacob’s a Farley and Malcom’s a Brixton,” Ashur elaborated. “But they’re nothing like their older brothers were. Total dungjacks.”

“They paid you back?” I questioned, once again trying not to convey any kind of emotion through my tone of voice. And that was saying a lot, as I couldn’t have been more relieved to have last names to go with the first names of Ashur’s accomplices. The Farleys and Brixtons were in for a rude awakening.

“They were the only ones with deep enough pockets to hire the Raboche. My cousin was right, they really do exist. And, from what I’ve heard, they did quite the number on the yapper…”

::

As stressful as it felt to try to act like I did in the past so that I could get information out of Ashur, it was even more stressful to report everything that he told me. That particular prison recorded all visits with audio, so I also had digital proof to back up the report. Alrico was so proud of me, I had a feeling I would get a homemade lunch every day for at least a week, double dessert and all.

END

For @Geemeedee, @chris191070, and anyone else who was curious enough.
Copyright © 2019 Thirdly; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 8
  • Love 9
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

33 minutes ago, chris191070 said:

Awesome chapter. We learnt the truth.

...and just how much Alrico has Nestor wrapped around his little finger. :lol:

  • Like 2
  • Haha 2
Link to comment

To be honest, I'd overcome a lot of fear for the promise of 'double dessert' also...

Lovely little snippit.  Thanks Thirdly

  • Like 3
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
22 minutes ago, Brokenbind said:

To be honest, I'd overcome a lot of fear for the promise of 'double dessert' also...

Lovely little snippit.  Thanks Thirdly

:lol: Agreed! 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..