Jump to content
    Thirdly
  • Author
  • 1,766 Words
  • 1,200 Views
  • 2 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

W.R.E.C.K. - 4. Smuggling

Vianis's POV:

Neither my master nor his ruffian were very happy with me for the rest of the flight. In fact, I seemed to have made an enemy of just about everyone on that strange ship. Not all of it was my fault! I was but a scapegoat to the crew for every little thing that went wrong. But, just when I had begun to plan out several different ways to seek revenge on the entire lot, we arrived at our destination.

"I'll cloak us," Kazren stated as he activated a device on the ship.

"Things weren't this bad when we left," Garridan said with a frown as he brought the ship in for a landing. "They really have taken over now..."

I saw Alexandra peering at the display. The emotions that played on her face when she saw the extent of the military invasion of her home caused the tension in the cockpit to rise. "Wight-Led...what has happened to you?"

"It was hard enough sneaking ourselves out, now you want us to go back in willingly?" Kazren questioned the captain.

"Not us, we're merely the taxi drivers. This is Alexandra's decision. Although, I do advise that you think things through. As soon as you're found, there isn't any guarantee that you'll be taken directly to Luis." Garridan pointed out.

"And you are absolutely not going in there alone," Verity hissed from beside her.

"So, now we have to figure out a way to get in there without being detected." Revelin added.

"Vianis can get us in." My master suggested.

"I, what?" I stammered. "Me?"

"Yes you," Cyrus insisted as I felt a cold shiver running through my spine. "You can get in there without being detected and find a way to sneak us in from the inside."

I refused to curl in on myself when I felt the weight of the gazes of every person in the room. I had been given a direct order by the person I had vowed eternal loyalty to. So, with a deep puffing of my chest, I conceded. "Very well."


"Are you seriously going to trust that little eel to do anything of use?" Revelin questioned my master. I hissed at him and he glared down at me.

"Yes," Cyrus replied as he fastened a charm around my neck. "With this he can communicate with us once he's figured out how to get us inside." He reminded him. "You have three days, Vianis." He stated as he turned his attention back to me. "After that, we'll assume you were taken into custody and have to figure out another way."

"Understood, master." I replied, trying to hold back any embarrassing noises that resulted from the blonde's petting.

I rushed down the ramp and towards the edge of the wall that surrounded the country. My colorful scales would surely draw attention to myself, so I used the limited power I had to turn them a brown hue as camouflage.

My heart raced when one of the guards looked my way on the other side. I held perfectly still until I saw his gaze fall on a woman's backside. With a sigh of relief, I continued to move.

I was concentrating on finding the aura of a person that was easily susceptible to possession, and it was proving to be a more difficult task than I had thought.

I walked for hours, searching in every corner, until I finally came across the kind of victim that I was searching for.

"Hmm, not very powerful, but able to channel power in and out easily. You'll do rather well, I think." I mused aloud as I clambered up the man's leg. His skin was a similar shade of brown as my camouflage and he appeared to be drifting in and out of consciousness, sprawled on the ground.

I made my way up to his shoulder so that he could hear me. "You, what is your name?" I hissed into his ear.

"Huh?" The man stirred, frowning. He blinked his eyes open. They were a caramel hue. "Where?" He asked aloud as he sat up and turned his head from side to side.

"Ah! Honestly!" I hissed as my claws swiped at the thick, curly hair that formed a cotton-like puff around his head. "Hold still, I'm right here!" I held on tightly to his shoulder as his gaze found mine. "What is your name?"

"Wh-what the fuck!?" The man hissed as he scrambled onto a standing position. "Gotta be hallucinating..."

"If that's what you'd prefer to think of me as, then you are welcome to it." I drawled. "I am Vianis, the most resourceful of water serpents and servant to a powerful Wanderer. Now, what is yours?"

"D-Darryl...shit, I gotta lay off the Gravel..." He whimpered.

"Il Sethal Issa Kan ee Darryl," I hissed the incantation that would allow me passage into the man's body. He seemed to be too shocked to struggle, even after he felt my ribbon-like form shooting up his nostrils.


"Aaargh," I groaned as I held onto the forehead of my new host. "Darryl, your mind is absolutely filthy."

'What is this?' Darryl's voice echoed in my mind. 'What's happening?'

"Shh! Quiet down, I have to try to think through your disgusting brain..." I chided as I picked up the fallen charm I was given and activated it.

"Vianis?" I heard the voice of my master coming through immediately.

"This...this Gravelhead has more holes in his mind than anyone I've ever possessed!" I whined into the charm. "But, he will do for now."

"So you've found someone-?" Cyrus commented on the other side only to be interrupted by his partner.

"Did he just say possessed?" I heard Revelin's voice ringing through. "I thought the plan was for him to find someone to sneak us in, not to hijack someone else's body for himself!"

"We can't afford to be picky about his methods..." Cyrus countered. "Vianis, just keep us posted."

"I will," I replied as he cut the connection.

'That thing is awesome! Will I get to play with it?' Darryl cooed.

I felt every muscle in the body stiffen. 'How is it that you are still partly conscious?' I hissed in response.

'Naw, I've been doing number two just fine,' the man replied.

'Conscious, not constipated...it doesn't matter. Your body is mine for the time being. If you behave and keep quiet, it will be returned to you as soon as possible.' I promised as I sorted through his memories, trying to find out where the man lived. As soon as I found the information, I headed back out into the streets in search of the tiny apartment.

The place was a mess. Clothes were littered all over the floor and the entire apartment smelled of dead fish. "You clearly don't clean up after yourself on a regular basis," I commented outloud as I opened the closet. I let out a sigh of relief when I found some clothes that were still clean. I took them with me into the bathroom, which was surprisingly clean compared to the rest of the apartment.

'The bathroom helps keep me clean once a week...it's only fair that I keep IT clean once a week too.' Darryl commented mulishly.

"You clearly don't hold the rest of the apartment to the same standard, do you?" I snorted in amusement as I began to shave the body's beard and most of the hair.

'Hey, I liked my hair and beard long!' My host whimpered.

"Hair grows." When I was through, I swept up the fallen hair up and showered meticulously. By the time I emerged, the body was sharply dressed and smelled of lavender. "You do clean up rather nicely," I told Darryl as I inspected my work in a full length mirror.

'You turned me into some kinda high class snot.' Darryl grumbled.

"You know nothing of class," I retorted. "Now, help me find a way to sneak my companions into the city." Once again, I scrolled through Darryl's memories and thoughts, slowing down on a scene that showed that the wall wasn't fully built. Apparently, there were only four rows of metal planks from the ground up. "That might do."


A few hours later, I was there to assist my master and some of the others into the city.

"Nicely done, Visual." Alexandra commended.

"...Visual?" I questioned with a raised eyebrow. "It's Vianis."

"Not for me it isn't." She countered.

"We don't have any time," Cyrus reminded in a hushed whisper. "Vianis, you stay with Verity and Crystal. If anything goes sour while Revelin and I take Lexie to Luis, we will need your help."

As my master, Revelin, and Alexandra ran off, I peered sideways at Verity. "Tell me again why we're bringing a dragon into the city?"

Verity gave Crystal's snout a soft pat. "She's gotten everyone out of tough situations in the past. I doubt she'll stop being useful now." She then looked me in the eye. "But, how about we leave her in your friend Darryl's apartment for now and go get ourselves some drinks at the local bar to calm our nerves until we hear from them again?"

As I began to lead the way, I could almost hear the smugness in Darryl's voice.

'I like her.'

After we did as Verity suggested and left Crystal in the apartment, Darryl pointed something out to us.

'We don't exactly have a typical bar in Wight-Led...it's more like a club.'

'What kind of club?' I mentally asked with a long sigh.

'A strip club.'

"Oh, it's a strip club!" Verity unintentionally echoed Darryl's words. "Doesn't matter to me, I still need a drink. Come on, Vi." She demanded as she tugged on my arm.

'Such a vulgar place,' I thought dryly.

'You really need to chill out sometimes,' Darryl snickered.

'I would never step foot in such a place willingly, not even-' The thought died instantly when I took in the sight of the nearest performer. He was undoubtedly male, and was quite skilled as he danced and twirled suspended by some type of fabric.

'Whoa.' Darryl muttered.

"My thoughts exactly." I gasped as my gaze locked onto the sight. He was as beautiful as his movements. I tried to justify what I was feeling, to blame it on the species that I had possessed. But, even my true serpent form began to fantasize about staking its claim on the dancer. Neither Darryl nor I ever wanted anyone or anything so badly until that moment.

When Verity shoved a drink into my hand, I didn't hesitate to gulp it down, desperate for something to distract me from the sultry performance.

Copyright © 2016 Thirdly; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 6
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

On 3/10/2017 at 6:07 PM, Timothy M. said:

Ha, Vianis and Darryl seem well suited to each other, they even like the same guy. :lol:

 

Robin said almost the same exact thing when she first read this chapter, too, ha ha.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..