Jump to content
    Toast
  • Author
  • 204 Words
  • 925 Views
  • 4 Comments
Poetry posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Clutter and Debris - 1. Poem One, 10.23.13

Poem One
of clutter and debris
 
Foster, alias bugeye
 
 
I wait on the morning
Still dressed in the night
Oddly out of tune
With artifice
A small thing and a large thing
A big deal and no deal
Are matters of little import
Be the best
Or just be
Matter of fact
Cause, if…
Or when… you open up
Is it to let it all out
Or let it all in
Instinct guides this barely vulnerable heart
With outburst and whimpers
And what the hell
And mostly awkward disregard
It will be the chill that comes with the first light
And my choice
To wait on the rain mist
The gloom of no shadows
 
I call to no one
And get no answers
Which is a blessing I think
When was the last time
You got…
Anything and everything
 
I’m really not sad
I’m really not lonely
I’m really not full of regret
I’m just so much older
 
 
10.19-23.2013
byebugeye copyright
 
What do I think? About poetry. Or this one of mine. Well, I don’t really think about it at all. I just type and hope I find all the typos.
 
 
 
copyright bye bugeye 2013
  • Like 6
Poetry posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

I'm not the sort of person who sits and reads poetry or buys books of poems. I'm a literature girl rather than a poet or poet appreciator.

However, I do read poems when they cross my path. Some I like, some I don't. I hate poems that strain for a rhyme or reach for something that isn't there. I hate pretentious poems too.

That's why I like your poetry, Sam. It's never strained or pretentious.

This one is lovely. It makes me feel lonely, but that's neither a stranger to me nor an unwelcome intruder. I'm comfortable with loneliness until it pokes me with a spiked barb. Then I beat the crap out of it with words and it slinks under the sink until I forgive it and let it out again :)

Sometimes I don't make sense even to myslelf

  • Like 1
Link to comment

I totally liked the last line. The good thing about poetry is you're free to feel however you want.

Keep on writing.

Link to comment

I can identify with so much of this poem. Life has no mercy when it comes to moving along, and our thoughts and actions along the way matter not. Lovely writing, Sam.

Link to comment

I so love poetry unlike Nephy here. :P I tend to not read poems as sad as that is. But I like what you present here. I tend to write darker poetry personally. But that's just me. It's a cause for provoking thought. And for this I enjoyed what you presented :) Keep it coming Sammy boy.. My little poddle of a nut :P. Btw how's my trees? :D

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..