Jump to content
    Tsukihana
  • Author
  • 657 Words
  • 520 Views
  • 1 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Thread of Fate - 6. Chapter 6

The Seelie King waited until Kaoru’s eyes met with his, he wanted the young dragon to see his sincerity.

“First and foremost, I want you to know that what I did earlier to save your life was very powerful magic. I blurred the lines of my own moral code, but if I had to do it over I would still make the same choices. There are...effects to what I did, for that I am sorry. Such as you reverting to a dragon and me in my true form, the magic I cast made it impossible for us to hide what we are from each other. If my guess is correct, we had to accept the truth of each other before we could move forward. Then there’s your eyes, have you seen them?”

Kaoru shook his head slowly.

“I awoke as my body began to change, you were passed out against the bed beside me. Panicking I rolled off the side of the bed where I continued to change and my clothes were torn to scraps.”

His words began to quiver with emotion as he continued.

“Not knowing if my cousin is alive or dead, then running for my own life...I would be dead if it wasn’t for you.”

Oberon gently stood him up, making sure the fluffy robe was wrapped around him securely. Walking over to the tall mirror he bade him look at himself.

“I am unsure of what this means exactly, but it happened as well.”

Kaoru looked at his reflection in the glass, those chocolate eyes widening in surprise at the lavender ring. Oberon leaned in close behind him, looking in the mirror over his shoulder. He watched as Kaoru’s eyes darted from his to Oberon’s own glowing lavender irises.

“We are connected, bound by blood and very old magic.”

Retreating backwards a few steps, he gave Kaoru time to process everything.

“I’m something of a...supernatural special agent. Right now I’m in this city because I was tipped off of some terrible things going on in the Crescent City. I was too late...drowning my regrets in a bar, and then you barreled into me, your life in danger. I don’t know if the ones I’m after are the same as those men pursuing you, but I’m going to find out. I think the first thing we should do is go back to retrieve your things from your hotel, and see if there is any information to be had.”

Kaoru’s fingers worried at the belt of the fluffy robe, turning so he faced Oberon.

“Do you think you could find out if my cousin is okay? I will do whatever you need me to. I owe you my life.”

He bowed before the faerie king, hands at his sides he paid his respect.

Oberon lifted him back up, something about watching the young dragon prostrate himself before him irked him.

“I will keep you safe, and I will make inquiries as to your cousin’s safety and whereabouts. First though, we are going together back to your hotel room to gather your things and check out the lay of the land.”

Grabbing a large leather suitcase tucked against the wall, Oberon laid it atop the rumpled covers and unzipped it, opening it with a thud. Rummaging through its contents he pulled out a blue cotton v-neck and some lounge pants that cinched at the waist.

“These are liable to be a bit long on you, seeing as I’m much taller, but I think they will do until we are back with your things.”

Passing them over into Kaoru’s hands, he gestured to the bathroom door.

“Do what you need, I’m just going to grab a few things I have packed up. My car is in the parking garage, we’ll leave once you are ready.”

Oberon watched as the dragon disappeared into the bathroom, shutting the door behind him with a click.

Copyright © 2020 Tsukihana; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 4
  • Love 2
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

  • Site Moderator

Oberon believed he has the effect of the magic figured out. They cannot hide their true nature from each other and are bound, but is that all?

Going to get his things at the hotel is sure to be confrontational. There will be someone watching. Oberon's method of working seems to be place a bull in the china shop and see what breaks.

  • Like 1
  • Love 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..