Jump to content
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

A Matter of Perspective - 18. Chapter 18

I'M GOING TO COLLEGE

Chapter 18

Will Waters Fri, Aug 22, 10:50 AM

To: frankf4321S@gomail.com

Hey! Wow! Something unreal has happened but I'll get to that. Site seeing got cut short cause grandma not feeling well so were back at the house. Me n gramps still going to the game tonite though. Anyway something wonderful! I'M GOING TO COLLEGE FOR SURE!!! AND NOT COMMUNITY COLLEGE BUT THE REAL THING!!!! We had early lunch downtown and grandma and aunt Molly told me they've already spoken to my parents and as long as I keep my grades at or above my current level (no problem!) that they're going to pay for me to go to a 4 year university!!!! I'm really overwhelmed and emotional bout the whole thing and don't know what to say, crying right now still. And I don't care. I'm speechless, and that's rare for me.

Love u!

*****

frankf4321s Fri, Aug 22, 1:39 PM

To: willw521k@gomail.com

Tears are great. Like I said, there's nothing wrong with crying. Your crying before was from depression. Not now. I'm so happy for you. Like I said, "Always be prepared for the unexpected." I'm ready to cry myself. You may have to stay in the closet while you're in college, but they don't have to know what you're up to, so just keep your mouth shut and your love life secret.

I'm anxious to hear what universities you have in mind. Glad you're still going to the baseball game.

I'm ready to start dancing around my house.

I'm checking your other emails. Just finished lunch.

God loves you. He's watching over you. You are special. Love ya.

Frank

*****

Our emails got kinda crossed up because I’d written him a couple that he hadn’t read so it throws our times off some. You might not even notice, but wanted you to know just in case.

Will Waters Fri, Aug 22, 12:18 PM

To: frankf4321S@gomail.com

Frank I just know what to say or do. I'm inna state of shock. I'm laying out by aunt Suzie’s pool chilling. Molly's here too. Grandma n gramps r napping. Aunt Suzie is grocery shopping, she told me to stay n swim and relax. Frank I'm going to college. Real college. Actual real staying in a dormitory real college. I can't even talk right now. I can barely type. I started out feeling guilty but now I don't. I'm a good kid, a good person. I deserve this. I need this. And now I have it. It feels like every birthday and Christmas and holiday ever all wrapped into one. I can't even talk, glad I'm alone. Frank I'm so happy. Gotta go. Love ya!!!!!! This is because of u

*****

frankf4321s Fri, Aug 22, 1:47 PM

To: willw521k@gomail.com

Will

You are a good kid and managed to remain a good kid when all that shit was coming down on you. Not a lot of guys would have been able to do that.

I'd like to take credit for all of this but you had a lot to do with it too. It took courage Brave Prince.

I think I'm as happy as you.

Love you.

Frank

*****

Will Waters Fri, Aug 22, 12:54 PM

To: frankf4321S@gomail.com

I've wanted one thing. Now I've got it. I don't even know how to think or behave. Frank I'm going to real college. I...can't describe it. I can't. I can't. Look I just don't know how to feel or what to say. It must be what people feel when they win the lottery I guess. I think I may apply to central Boise State (cmu) cause they're a great teacher school and I really think I wanna teach high school. I don't know. I don't know anything. I know I'm going to college and it's what I've dreamed of. Real college. Real dreams. Thank u. Love u.

 *****

frankf4321s Fri, Aug 22, 1:54 PM

To: willw521k@gomail.com

You have plenty of time to decide where you're going so just savor the moment for all it's worth. How does one describe indescribable happiness? As a writer, I should be able to. Maybe I'll give it a try later. We will have to be able to do it when we write your story, but we may have to wait for you to graduate from college first. lol

When you're at the game tonight, picture me sitting along the third base line. Like I said once before I was there with the son of a friend of mine and he caught a foul ball.

Know that I'm sharing your joy.

God loves you and so do I.

Frank

*****

Will Waters Fri, Aug 22, 2:10 PM

To: frankf4321S@gomail.com

Frank I'm so happy I can't hardly talk!!! I dived down to the bottom of aunt Suzie's pool and screamed my lungs out!!! I'M GOING TO REAL COLLEGE!!!!! I'll do do anything for anyone and never be able to thank u enough or how much I love u. THANK U!!! I don't even know what else to say or think. Me n gramps r going to leave soon (just us guys) to have dinner at some surprise place downtown before heading to see my Mariners kick ass. Frank, I feel like I'm in a dream, a dream ur responsible for. I love u Frank. I really do. Will

*****

frankf4321s Fri, Aug 22, 10:23 PM

To: willw521k@willmail.com


Will

I imagine you're still high over college and the baseball game. Hope you can manage to sleep.

Congratulations again on college. It's sure better than the Army.

God bless. Love ya.

Frank

If you like this story, please write a review, click like, and follow me. Contact me at eliassctt@gmail.com I answer all emails.

This story is a work of fiction. Names, characters, places, and incidents are fictional and created by the author. Any resemblance to actual persons living or dead, events or locales, is purely coincidental and no slanderous intent is implied

Elias Donovan Scott
  • Like 2
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

A cautious 'Yay' here...it would be a full-throated one if Will's grandparents had done this before, but now I'm sure it's dependent on him remaining 'straight'. I only hope they don't insists he goes to some Bible-thumping hell-hole of a college.
Got my fingers crossed, and am hoping he gets to go where he wants and to study what he wants. Thinking of being a teacher is a surprise...it's not an easy career--I tried student teaching in my last semester of college, and quickly realized it wasn't for me. The senior class was good, but the ninth graders were mostly uninterested, having no choice in being there...and I'm not good in front of a crowd anyway.
Eager for more, my friend!

Link to comment
On 05/30/2016 03:15 AM, ColumbusGuy said:

A cautious 'Yay' here...it would be a full-throated one if Will's grandparents had done this before, but now I'm sure it's dependent on him remaining 'straight'. I only hope they don't insists he goes to some Bible-thumping hell-hole of a college.

Got my fingers crossed, and am hoping he gets to go where he wants and to study what he wants. Thinking of being a teacher is a surprise...it's not an easy career--I tried student teaching in my last semester of college, and quickly realized it wasn't for me. The senior class was good, but the ninth graders were mostly uninterested, having no choice in being there...and I'm not good in front of a crowd anyway.

Eager for more, my friend!

CG, it is surprising how the people can change so quickly. What will happen if they find out it's all a sham? I was a teacher and loved it. Had more problems with the adults than the kids. That happens when people are fighting for fewer and fewer resources.

 

I will admit the younger kids are a bigger problem than the older ones. Part of that is puberty and trying to grow up. I had been teaching high school for quite a few years and decided one summer to teach middle school kids. What a difference!

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..