Jump to content
    W_L
  • Author
  • 865 Words
  • 268 Views
  • 0 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

WL's Prompts- Short Stories - 7. Prompt #68- Reviving Kiss

Happy World Suicide Prevention Day!
#68 – The Lifeguard – You go to the beach and see a figure sitting atop a tall chair watching swimmers. The person looks vaguely familiar, and then they look down at you. Who is it and what happens next?
Thanks @Cole Matthews for this prompt from earlier in the summer

Reviving Kiss

It was the same boy in my dreams since I was in middle school. I was sixteen at that point, so it was at least four years of the same thing. Every time, I tried to approach the boy in the dreams, he saw my boner and laughed at me. Every time, I fled, then tried to kill myself to escape his incessant laughter. He wouldn’t stop laughing or teasing me, taunting me with innuendoes and my innermost desires. Sadly, my dreams are just reflections of my reality, because this boy exists in my life as my bully. He’s been teasing me for years due to the fact that I pop a boner whenever I am in front of him. I kept popping boners because my messed-up brain and body thinks he was hot. Yet, he was always obviously straight, I’ve seen him going out with girls constantly since we were thirteen and he has always been around really macho boys, joking about girls. He called me his “princess” when I am near him and asked me if I want him to pop my gay cherry. He doesn’t hurt me physically, but he keeps reminding me that I like boys, especially him.

My family doesn’t care about me, my mom initially kept insisting it’s just a phase I am going through like my interest in race cars or robots. Then, she started spying on me and nitpicking my every decision as being too “effeminate”. Worst, my dad constantly calls me a sissy faggot. He has made it clear that I’ll be thrown out when I turn eighteen because that’s all the law commits him. All I have are second-hand clothes that I get from a goodwill store with the limited money I earned from doing odd jobs.

I know what people say about things getting better for boys like me. I’ve seen the videos and read the stories. However, there’s one thing none of them get when making their arguments about not doing it, they aren’t me. They don’t have to go through life being teased, especially by someone they want their love returned from. People treat me differently, because they know I like boys, girls want to be my friends and boys want to avoid me. I’m not alone physically, since I have “girl” friends, but emotionally, I am alone, since I’m not a girl and all the boys, except one, try to avoid me.

Between the nightmares, social isolation, and my crush being an asshole to me, I have had it with life. I was going to turn my dreams into reality.

So that’s how I found myself taking the city bus to the local beach with a heavy backpack full of rocks to weigh me down, right after the start of my junior year in high school. There were few people around the beach since most folks had already enjoyed the last taste of summer last week during the Labor Day long weekend.

There was a lifeguard on duty, who caused me to have a double-take. It was him, my childhood bully. What a perfect way to say “fuck you” to the world than to have someone, who won’t give a shit about me dying in charge of rescuing me.

He saw me and appeared to be climbing down from his lifeguard high chair, probably to tease me again. No, I won’t give him that satisfaction.

I ran straight into the ocean…

I don’t know what happened after my dash and plunge into the ocean, but when I woke up I was on top of some towels with my bully’s urgently hitting my chest and pressing his lips onto mine.

He noticed I was awake and conscious as I began coughing up water.

I heard him say, “Fuck, you’re such a drama queen…”

With anger and adrenaline still pumping in my body, I yelled at him, “Why the hell did you save me? You don’t even like me. I am just a stupid faggot to you like my dad and everyone else!”

He appeared shocked at my outburst, then softens and went down for a passionate kiss. Despite being deprived of oxygen and soaking wet from being in the water for God knows how long, I felt my boner growing harder.

Cupping my face after the kiss, he said, “You will always be my princess. I am sorry if I never made the point clear, but I do like you.”

My first kiss was twenty years ago, my bully will become many things in my life: my boyfriend, my partner, and my husband. He taunts and teases me sometimes, but every time leaves me with a kiss to remind me that he loves me.

Back then, I didn’t know he was secretly gay, too. I didn’t know he used jokes to help deflect from that fact. I didn’t know he teased me, because he also liked me too for all those years. It took him years to be completely open with these facts, but his kiss revived me and his love gave me the strength to go on. For once in my life, I didn’t feel lonely anymore.

Thanks for reading, I wanted to remind folks about this important day and offer an interesting short story
Copyright © 2022 W_L; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 2
  • Love 3
  • Haha 2
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Story Discussion Topic

  1. Stories Discussion Forum

    This is the place to talk about stories from anyone but our Signature, Classic or Promising Authors. They have their own forum for that.
    No solicitation or commercial postings without prior approval.

    36.7k
    posts
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..