Jump to content
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Short Scribbles - 1. Reactions

Originally intended this to be a response to the Chain Reactions anthology but I wrote it and its way to small for my liking and I just couldn't figure out a way to continue I liked.

The video crackles before a blurry figure appears. “Damn … how does this thing work.”

There is a crash and the sound of something clicking and the figure returns to the screen, more legible now. It is green and reptilian, vaguely humanoid.

The owner of the figure leans into the lens and brushes off a smudge with a rag before sitting back on a pile of multi coloured pillows. He yawns, jaw cracking and pointed teeth glinting before he begins to speak. “Reactions are such curious things. Specifically, human reactions. Humans react so illogically. They never consider the results, the pain that’ll come. Getting drunk and then driving. Yelling at their partners over silly things. Abusing their children. Death, heartbreak and personality disorders, that is what will come.”

“Really, they’re not a great species. It’s such a shame we have to put up with their all mighty attitudes because they have big guns. I’ll tell you what isn’t big about them ….”

Another figure enters the screen, this one smaller and pinkish but otherwise identical in shape. “Adjari, are you doing those silly videos again?” This one strikes a dramatic pose.

“Yes, I am sister. Now go away.” The original figure ushers his visitor off the screen. “Mum! Tell Fina to stop harassing me when I’m busy!” The microphone picks up the slam of a door and then he returns to his pile of pillows.

“Now, where was I . . . oh yes, humans. You know why I don’t like humans? They’re assholes!” He gives a snort, which comes out like a snarl. “I was dating one, you know. Goddamn Sirus broke up with me because he was worried about his mother's opinion of ‘lesser races’. See, that is what I mean about reactions. He reacted totally illogically.”

“His mothers problems would’ve passed, he only has a year more in her nest, and relationships last a lot longer. But, ah well now he’s gone and wrecked it.” The speaker grunts, showing teeth in an angry snarl.

“Anyway, you know there is such a thing as a chain reactions. They’re particularly dangerous.” He held up what looked like a physics book. “Now, according to this a chain reaction is ‘the self-sustaining fission reaction spread by neutrons which occurs in nuclear reactors and bombs.’”

He puts the book away and smirks. “In this case, he reacted to his mother by breaking up with me, so I’m going to continue the cycle and react.” He shows off a holophoto of a naked human teenager, his pale skin pressed against a green scaled form whose face is out of the frame. “It’d be such a shame if they find out he likes aliens even after he dropped me.”

He smirks and turns off the camera.

Copyright © 2015 Wicked Witch; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..