Jump to content
    Wolffang
  • Author
  • 1,125 Words
  • 596 Views
  • 1 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Kiss of Death - 4. Progression

 

Azrael P.O.V

The stars begin to flicker and disappear behind the encroaching peachy light of dawn. One by one they are consumed by the sun's ethereal radiance as it heralds in the new day. There is something so peaceful about this scene. It holds a tinge of melancholy. That's right. This is a feeling I had once felt before if only millennia or so ago when I was still human. Not knowing what the day would bring but being excited about it regardless. As a God, freedom was a leisure. My existence was pretty much planned out. Monotonous, dull, fueled by the only thing that can make me feel any gratification amidst my emotionally numbing errands. I've somewhat become dependent on it. Frankly, it's pretty easy to come by when you're an attractive immortal being. Most humans fall easily to my spell but not him.

Leo begins to stir, rolling over on his side to reveal something quite intriguing. Someone is sprouting a healthy flow, I see. So the early bird does catch the worm or in this case the snake. He squints, rubs his eyes and glares at me.

"What are you staring at?"

"Morning or should I say morning wood?" I smirk, nodding my head towards the sizable invasion in his pants.

"Fuck off," he says as he hurls a rock at me. His face now slightly flushed.

"Just might. Nice goods, hot stuff. You been fantasizing about me?" I tease.

"Yeah. Actually the thought of you being impaled by a two-meter long, glass encrusted dildo really got my motor running," he responds with sass.

"Kinky. I didn't know you were into that. I bet one man, one jar really got you going but hey whatever is going to get you rock hard in the sheets and slippery between the cheeks." I wink.

"In your dreams" he snorts.

"Oh, but I can dream."

"Wait a second. Do Gods even have access to the internet?"

"Of course. What do you think we do up there besides listening to the wishes of mortals. It gets pretty boring. In fact... half of the fetishes out there originated from the Gods themselves. Plus natural disasters and messing with orphans can only do so much.”

"Orphans? Really?" he raises a curious eyebrow.

"Yeah. Who are they gonna tell? Their parents?" I chuckle.

A lightning bolt strikes the earth at my feet. "Fuck. I was just kidding." I yell.

"What was that?"

"The Gods apparently wanted to get in on our sexy time."

"What sexy ti..."

"Hush. Enough foreplay we need to focus on the matter at hand." I say planting a finger on his lips.

"And so went the script of every horribly written porno ever.' he states, pushing it away.

"There's no such thing as good a porno," I remark.

"There might be." he protests.

"But there isn't."

"How do you know?'

"I'm one horny fucker and I've never seen a Meryl Streep worthy performance from any of them."

He opens his mouth to respond. "Focus toots," I exclaim, snapping my fingers.

"Sorry."

"Do you have a cellular phone?", I ask

"Yeah"

"Are you gonna give it to me or are you just gonna stand there staring?"

"Oh. Right"

The Gods. They gave me a number that I should contact if something happened. Some people with close ties to the world of the divine. I start to type in the number on the keypad. Thirteen missed calls. Wait, is this his parents. The dial tone rings for a bit before the receiver is picked up. An angry woman yells " You're in big trouble, Mister! We tried to contact you the whole of last night. What the hell were you thinking, huh? We got a call from the landlord saying that you trashed the apartment. Didn't I tell you that you are not to have parties in that apartment? Do you know how much this is going to cost to fix?" I know this voice. Sheeesh. I guess they really took the parental role to heart. I look over at Leo and snicker. He has that look about him that the world is about to end. A puppy dog scolded for chewing a shoe. Poor kid. " You know that's none of my concern Madaera?"

"Who am I speaking to?"

"Wonderful. I'm glad I'm so forgettable."

" Hold on. I sense haughtiness. Azrael? Is that you ?!?"

"No. I've just strategically assimilated myself into his being."

"Ahh. Sarcasm. The wit of the witless."

"Condescension the repute of the rude."

"Touche." An utterly mortified Leonardo gapes at my supposed level of engagement with his parents.

"Why are you calling from Leo's phone he didn't kill himself did he?" she asks adopting a more serious tone.

"He should count himself unlucky. To keep it short we have a big problem."

"I'm sure you wouldn't be contacting us if there wasn't."

" I assume that Gods have informed you on where to go."

"Yeah. Want us to beam you up Star trek style?"

" No. We'll meet you there." I end the call and face a bewildered Leo.

"What the fuck is going on?" Leo exclaims.

" I had no idea I would know them either. What are the chances? Virtually a semi-developed plot twist written by an amateur author. Who said life isn't like a book. I guess some are just written better than others." He starts to hyperventilate. I grab a hold of him and help him bring his breathing under control.

"Everything will be okay" I state

"How do you know?" he heaves.,

Shit. He's on to me. Of course, that was a lie but what else was I supposed to say. Everything is going to shit and in some scenarios, I'm just as clueless as you? Somehow that seems counter-productive. Instead, I somewhat convincingly announce " I'm sure that once we rendezvous with your parents we'll get some answers."

He starts to calm down. His breath becomes less erratic. I gently push the hair out of his eyes. I meet his gaze. A slight stirring. Something awakening within me that I've never felt before or perhaps something I had forgotten. His eyes are glassy, like an ornate doll, it captures the light so frivolously it appears unnatural. It is almost as if his life-force itself is swimming around in it's immaculate pools. How ironic. Death admiring life. These reactions are not like me. It's likely due to the nature of his soul. It may not be dangerous but I'm not sure if these effects are because of his soul or him. Then again... they are one and the same. Once we get to our destination, It's probably best if I keep my distance.

Copyright © 2019 Wolffang; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 6
  • Wow 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

I have no clue where this story is going. But I must say I really like Azrael! He is quirky in the best meaning of the word! I don't feel like I know Leo, and I am trying to sort out why he needs Azrael. Anyway, I  am having fun being a bit confused, and I intend to keep reading until I get things sorted. Thanks. 

  • Love 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..