Jump to content
    Wolffang
  • Author
  • 329 Words
  • 493 Views
  • 0 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
These are a  collection of stories and or poems from three authors ( Wolffang. K.J.Stock, Rosario). Based on experiences, sensations and miss-able moments from the pandemic and there after.

The Window of Longing - 1. Insomnia

It strikes again

A beast I cannot seem to defeat no matter how hard I try.

I unsheathe my sword and slash at it, but it always manages to successfully dodge my blows.

I lie awake every night with a racing mind. Different thoughts circling around and around with dizzying side effects. The beast on a merry-go-round.

The beast laughs at me, haunting me. A cursed melody. It is like that word that you’re always trying to remember, the word on the tip of your tongue, but can never quite seem to utter.

My eyes burn, and my body is weak. I feel almost high. The land in my dreams, the one where anything, is possible is being kept from me.

It is torture. I reach out and clench my fist, almost grasping the magical land of release, but the beast yanks it away, laughing in my face. Its laughter rings in my ears, as the tears stream down my face.

The beast is never done. When darkness stretches across the sky, a blanket of stars following, the beast awakens. It is the time when the world is silent, and it is the most dangerous place for me to be, because to me, the silence is deafening.

It screams at me, and hurls insults my way. It reminds me of my failures, and of all that I have lost. It makes me curl into myself, trying to escape. The beast and silence are bosom buddies. You cannot have the one without the other. The take joy in my torture.

And when I hear the first chirp of the birds, I know I have once again been defeated.

And the day, when the sun shines, and the world is at its loudest, I curse the beast for the state it always leaves me in.

As time goes by, I grow wearier and wearier, knowing that the beast cannot be defeated, that I will never reach that magical land.

©Copyright 2020 Wolffang, Rosario, K.J. Stock; All Rights Reserved
  • Like 3
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..