Jump to content
    x Trevor x
  • Author
  • 1,362 Words
  • 2,301 Views
  • 0 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Last Chance - 1. Chapter 1: Reunited

Matthew Carter would be found walking down the streets of New York. It was very close to dark and the sky was lit beautifully in red and orange colors though to Matthew's disappointment those tall buildings hid most of it. He sighed and looked down to the ground thinking about why he even came to New York. He had come to be a detective and his whole reason for doing so has come back to haunt him. His girlfriend Tiffani West was murdered three years ago; though he never truly loved her, she was a sweet and caring person and now he was being assigned to work the case since it had been re-opened. He looked up and saw a person walking through the crowds ahead of him; from what he could see the person was very familiar. He began running towards said person and fighting his way through the crowd just to have this person enter a bank and to Matthew's disappointment it wasn't whom he thought it was. He slowed his walking down and his thoughts immediately drifted to his past. Someone had loved him dearly and he made the stupid mistake of letting the boy go off and disappear.

He turned to look up at a building and looked up at the blue neon lettering. The Blue Butterfly. This was where his boss said that someone with information to Tiffani West's murder case was. Matthew slowly made his way inside the club. He took notice that the whole room from the floor to the ceiling was black and had a bar off to the right and off to the left were several black round tables with older men occupying them. The tables were surrounding a small circular stage that lit up in ice blue neon and had a black pole sticking out from the center of it and going almost near the ceiling.

On that stage, Matthew saw a person that caught his full attention. A boy was dressed rather strangely, yet he was attractive at the same time. The boy was not very high. Matthew could tell that he wasn't more then five feet five inches tall. Being a detective, it wasn't at all difficult for him figuring out height and weight. The boy wore a small black leather tank top that gave a nice view of that small yet full stomach. On his lower body, he wore a pair of black skintight low-rise leather pants that offered a nice view of those curvy hips and that small tight bubble-shaped ass. The pants would begin to flare out at the bottom and halfway covered those black leather boots. The boy's hair was short and spiky and was dyed an icy blue. His face was decorated in black eyeliner along with dark blue lipstick and a tattoo of a small teardrop under his right eye that was decorated in a tiny bit of glitter.

Matthew watched the boy dance seductively to what sounded like a meditative, new-age type of music and the entire place, from the decor to the sound of the music gave off that spacey yet calm vibe. All the men were completely silent, very calm and respectful. Matthew felt drawn to this boy; he didn't know why but as he came closer, it was very obvious. The boy was Jamie Hillary! The one who tried to love him three years ago back in high school, the boy whom Matthew had kept in the dark. This was the guy that Matthew was thinking of earlier; he felt literally overwhelmed at how much his past was coming back to him after three years. Jamie made eye contact with him but held a calm yet emotionless face. He almost appeared to be a porcelain doll; nevertheless, Jamie didn't lose his cool as he continued his seductive dance while not breaking the eye contact once.

Matthew was literally speechless and fell into a daze. During this time, he didn't notice everyone was leaving and once he came back to reality he saw that Jamie was gone. His eyes darted in all directions before landing on the bar tender.

"Where did he go?" Matthew asked as he began to panic.

The man looked up and laughed. "He went out the back exit." He pointed his thumb to the back door and shook his head. "I swear that boy gets the men chasing him."

Matthew didn't take time to respond to that statement as he darted out the back exit. He looked in one direction and then to the other and his eyes landed on a small femme-like figure. He began running and it seemed the closer he came, the further away the figure got. Finally, after what seemed like eternity his hand landed on Jamie's shoulder.

Jamie turned around calmly to face Matthew. He folded his arms over his stomach. "Can I help you?"

"Jamie I..." Matthew suddenly got a loss of words. Finally finding his voice, he shook his head and spoke. "It's been a long time."

"That it has, Matt." Jamie replied without changing his facial expression. It was as if he had no emotion at all when in truth, he was becoming irritated but he had grown to be an expert in hiding emotion.

"S...so what's up with you?" Matthew spoke nervously then looked at Jamie and studied his new look. "What's with the change?"

"Oh, you liked the big glasses and out of date clothes better? Sorry I dropped that look when I realized I could be beautiful," Jamie said as his face finally broke into a grin. "What do you want?"

Matthew didn't quite know how to respond to that and looked down as his hands fiddled together nervously.

"What are you doing in a gay club anyway? Wouldn't it ruin your reputation?" Jamie spoke and that grin faded as he took on that emotionless appearance again.

"Jamie I..." Matthew spoke then sighed. "I'm an investigator. I was assigned to investigate Tiffani West's murder because a witness said that either the killer was in New York or the kidnap victim was. I was directed here and told to talk to the dancer...the only dancer."

"Wow, that's gotta suck. Having to investigate your ex girlfriend's murder after three years. Must bring back memories." Jamie spoke coldly and pulled out a cigarette before lighting it up. "So I'm a suspect?"

"Jamie...you did disappear the same night she was killed." Matthew spoke then grimaced at how that sounded. He loved Jamie and here he was accusing him.

"So arrest me. Prove to me that every time you told me you loved me, it was a lie." Jamie stood there calm as could be and took a drag off his cigarette.

"Jamie, I didn't mean for it to sound like that...I know I made you angry but you're not a killer. You're too sweet to do anything like that."

Jamie took another drag of his cigarette and shook his head. "You're not cut out to work with the police."

Matthew took on a look of confusion and softly asked. "What do you mean?"

"Going on feelings and personality. Cops are all about facts and evidence so maybe you should look for another career."

With that, Jamie took a drag of cigarette and leaned in close to Matthew's face. His dark blue lips barely inches from Matthew's natural red lips and Jamie blew out the smoke. "Go bother someone else because you don't stand a chance with me." His voice was low and seductive. Once pulling away, he grinned at Matthew, turned around, and began walking away.

Matthew coughed as the smoke filled his mouth and nose. Once the unpleasant feeling subsided, he followed after Jamie. "Wait!"

"I got places to be. I can't stand here all night." Jamie spoke as he exited the alley and moved around the corner.

Matthew just stood there watching the love of his life disappear around the corner. He looked down at the ground and was ready to chase after him when it began to rain. Matthew exited the alley and ran in the opposite direction from Jamie towards his car.

2008 X Trevor X; All Rights Reserved
  • Like 6
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..