Jump to content
    x Trevor x
  • Author
  • 1,330 Words
  • 1,590 Views
  • 0 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Last Chance - 6. Chapter 6: For Love

Chapter 6: For Love

Jamie squinted as a bright white light hit him. He slowly sat up in his bed and used his hand to shield his eyes. The rest of the room was dark except for that one spot at the foot of his bed. He blinked several times and to his horror, Tiffani West was standing right there. She wore an elegant white dress and had a glow of white light all around her giving off that angelic vibe. Jamie stared at her with wide eyes as she reached her hand out and touched his cheek softly.

"Tiffani...how?"

Jamie looked at her with shock; she just smiled softly at him. Jamie stared and suddenly watched as her throat split open and blood began to drip out. At that second, he screamed and sat up in his bed to find no one there. It was dark and he looked all around before sighing after he realized it was just a dream. He continued looking around, noticed Joe wasn't there, and a look of confusion crossed his face. Jamie figured Joe probably went to get some food and just lay back down in his bed breathing heavily.

Infront of the centura bank sign stood three figures in black jumpsuits with clown masks over their faces. One of the figures took a gun and fired several shots at the door; a loud noise of glass breaking and the alarm going off indicated the end of the fire. The three figures ran inside the bank; not even a second after getting inside, they heard sirens off in the distance. They quickly ran over to the bank vault and one of them typed in a code before the door opened. They ran inside and got two bags worth of money before running out of the vault to find police cars arriving at the scene. One of them pointed to an air vent and the trio climbed up onto the counter and began climbing up into the air vent. One of the officers ran into the bank and fired a shot at the last remaining figure, which earned the scream of a female. The female figure quickly climbed into the vent and more police officers arrived.

It wasn't even a minute later the female robber found the opening that led into the alleyway where they parked their red truck. She jumped out and the two bigger figures caught her before loading the money and jumping into the truck; they took off with a loud squeal.

Jamie didn't know how long he had slept but he was slowly awakened. He turned his eyes to see Joe and he smiled softly. "Hey where did you go?"

"Ask no questions and I tell you no lies." Joe smiled and moved to Jamie's closet and dug his clothes back out. "Get dressed and I'm busting you out of here." Joe tossed Jamie his leather clothes.

"You're busting me out of here? What are you talking about?" He began fumbling with his clothes and quickly getting dressed.

"You'll see." Joe grinned and once Jamie was dressed, he took hold of Jamie's hand and the two made a run for it down the hallway.

The red truck sat parked in front of the hospital and only had two remaining robbers inside. They pulled off their clown masks and revealed a female with black wavy hair and a male with bleached blonde hair that was brushed back against his head.

"I can't believe we did that." Paige laughed and leaned back in her seat.

"It's not funny. I didn't like that at all." Adam spoke then turned to see Joe and Jamie emerge from the main hospital doors.

"Come on!" Joe pulled Jamie into the extended cab of the truck, grabbed handfuls of the money, and showed it to Jamie.

Jamie's eyes widened as he stared at all of the money. "Where did you get this?" He spoke in disbelief as he grabbed a handful of money and examined it.

"We robbed the bank." Paige smiled and danced cheerily in her seat as Adam drove the car away from the hospital.

"You what?!" Jamie screamed and threw the money down in the floorboard and turned his eyes to Joe. "You did what?!"

"Jamie calm down I have reasons for doing it." Joe spoke and held his hands up in defense.

"You robbed the fucking bank Joe! Do you realize what that fucking means?!" Jamie screamed in anger.

"We're not gonna get caught." Paige smiled and tossed her clown mask in Jamie's lap.

Jamie's eyes were about to pop out of his head and he grabbed hold of the mask and waved it around. "You robbed the bank in clown masks?!"

Joe sighed feeling helpless. Between Jamie's anger and Paige's cheerfulness, he didn't have any room to speak up. Finally, when both realized this they quieted down. "Okay Jamie please just let me explain."

Jamie folded his arms over his stomach and nodded. "I can't wait to hear this." He spoke with that sarcasm of his.

"I wanna be with you Jamie...I want us to be together and I don't know what you did but you got into trouble with the cops. I know how the police work as soon as you were released they were probably gonna take you in again and I wouldn't have been able to bare it. So we got the money and we busted you out of the hospital. We're gonna disappear Jamie just me and you and go some place beautiful...some place where we can always be happy." Joe smiled softly.

Jamie stared deeply into Joe's eyes and calmed down. He was so touched that Joe loved him enough to do such a big thing for him. He knew it was a terrible thing for Joe to have done but his heart was in the right place. Also the fact that what Joe had done really couldn't be undone so Jamie had no choice but to go along with it. He answered Joe by leaning in and kissing him deeply.

The next morning Matthew was woken up by the loud scream of his phone and he grabbed hold of it and groaned. "Hello?" He answered and tried to blink sleepiness out of his eyes.

"It's me" Jack spoke and sighed. "Look I just want you to know that I know you're upset but something else bad has happened."

Matthew sighed. "Just what I wanted to know." He rolled over on his side and held the phone.

"A local bank was robbed last night. My deputies said there were three figures and their faces were hidden by clown masks. Matthew, this morning when Jamie was supposed to be released, he was gone."

Matthew shot straight up in his bed. "What?!" He groaned when realizing Jamie was yet again a suspect of not one but two crimes now. "Why don't you just leave him alone?!"

"Matthew it's a crime! How would this world be if we left crime alone? Look Jamie is a suspect and I know you...well I know you love him and maybe he's doing these things and maybe not. He could very well be in the wrong places at the wrong times. I'm not charging him with anything; I just want him in for questioning. I promise I won't have him held in custody this time but I need to talk to him. Matthew, please? His freedom and life could depend on it."

Matthew sighed as he listened to Jack and realized everything he said was true. "What do you want me to do?"

"Well, first off, get off your ass then you come down here and get your plane ticket." Jack spoke plainly.

"My plane ticket?" Matthew's face scrunched up in confusion.

"Yeah...Jamie bought two tickets to Miami. The other ticket was for some guy named Joseph Davidson."

Matthew sighed. "I'm on my way." With that, he hung up.

(That's it for chapter 6! I should have 7 out soon and I want to thank Bondwriter for the editing and suggestions. Please don't be shy and leave feedback either in the reviews section in my topic in the eFiction discussion or if you feel more comfortable you're more then welcome to PM me.)
2008 X Trevor X; All Rights Reserved
  • Like 4
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..