Jump to content
    Zuri
  • Author
  • 557 Words
  • 712 Views
  • 0 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Ex gay husband - 3. Friend crush

However, sympathy was rather not the reason to rush into marriage. Nonetheless, the word "husband" had a meaning for me: Friendship and closeness. Eventually, we also started a conversation in a private chat and skyped. Once—that was at the very beginning of our acquaintanceship, and therefore our marriage—I told him about a gathering I had with two friends from another group chat the weekend before: Mark and Leander. At first, I thought about declining the invitation, since I was dead broke, but the finally convinced me, to come anyway. I shouldn't worry about that—we'd make it work, they said.

"I wasn't surprised, when Mark said, he liked the weekend," I told Colin ", but I didn't think, Leander would say the same. He's more calm more and in control Mark and I thought, it wouldn't be a big deal at all for him."

"Did you like it, too?"

"Yes."

"That's what's important. Be happy about it," was Colin's advice.

"Albeit, there were two things, that were a little off," I continued. "For one thing, I held myself back when it came to the meal decisions and what we had to buy for it, since I couldn't afford anything of it at that moment—it feels bad to be a drain on someone's pocket anyway."

"Unfortunately, I know that all too well," Colin commented.

His mother was a single-mother and working poor receiving top-up benefit. He —also had two siblings: A sister, only a year younger than him, with whom he shared a room, and a little brother. Since Colin was fourteen, he delivered newspapers to have pocket money. From time to time, his sister helped him with the deliveries.

"The other thing," I went on, "that floats around in my head way more, is this: There was a situation with Leander and me, in which we both leaned against the kitchen counter and watched Mark as he decorated Leander's birthday cake. That was one of these situations where it almost seemed like Mark was a child we looked after and knew every single one of its idiosyncrasies and wilinesses. Mark wasn't necessarily childish, but he sometimes appeared to be when he was so twirly.

While Mark was busy with the cake, Leander had that laid-back conversation with me. I don't know, how to describe this, but it almost felt like a bromance with Leander—manly but not macho, sexiest even less—just very fitting. Then, suddenly, Leander looked at me piercingly. For a long time. I couldn't stand his stare.

"Well, holding eye contact for long is difficult indeed," Colin agreed.

"I was wondering the whole time," I pointed out without giving Colin the chance for further comments, "what he was thinking about? What had he seen? What was he thinking about that in particular?"

Colin didn't comment on this and let me continue.

"I already told Mark and that's the reason why I didn't bring that up in the group with Leander as you may understand. Some time ago, I wasn't sure if I had a crush on Leander. It turned out, it was rather platonic, and I just liked him very much as a friend. At that moment, it felt like he could see through me and read that from my mind—or at least my behavior or facial expressions."

Copyright © 2022 Zuri; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 5
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Story Discussion Topic

Happy Valentine's Day, folks! After almost a year, I have a new story: Ex gay husband 🎉 Other than my first story on the platform, Subconscious Mind, it's a translation from a German version I published on a German community. I plan on keeping you posted with interesting fun facts as I publish the chapters. So if you enjoy that, follow this thread, if not, you can just follow the story itself instead. The story The story is autobiographical, except for some dates I might
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..