Jump to content
    Zuri
  • Author
  • 492 Words
  • 500 Views
  • 0 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Ex gay husband - 7. The question

"We'll be late for the dancing fountains!" Mark shouted and jumped on his feet when he saw us approaching him after waiting for us on a bench. The dancing fountains were located in Planten un Blomen which was just across the street. He was right: We were indeed late and had also no clue where to find them in this spacious park. When we finally found the spot, the dancing fountains were already well underway.

Mark thrusted himself forward through the crowd closer to the water. Colin and I stayed back from where we could see well enough. The music was also clearly understandable. And in the front row, the audience was pretty crowded together.

For some time, none of us said a word whilst watching and listening to the attraction in front of us. Then, Colin started to talk.

"Back then, I always watched 'Barbie in the Nutcracker' with my sister."

"Because of your sister?," I asked because I wasn't sure if he might have watched it out of personal interest.

"No. I loved it back in the days. Idyllic world and the like. You know?"

I got to know new aspects of my husband once again. Many gay people had their specific experience or piece of pop culture that had given them security and role models. So that was his story.

The evening wasn't over yet: The culmination was the fireworks at the Dom. Just minutes later we were back at the Heiligengeistfeld; Mark, slightly away from us again – this time, because he loved fireworks and disregarded everything else in the meantime.

Colin and I stood together and gazed into the sky. After a while, I felt like I had to ask a question that could deepen our bonding as husbands.
"You want to have children one day, don't you?"

That's what he'd told me once, so the question was rather rhetorical. He loved being with his brother and pictured himself having kids of his own.
"Would you prefer a boy or a girl?" I asked.

"I don't care. Children are wonderful. But adopting one would be hard to accomplish."

I couldn't imagine having children myself. On the other hand, I felt like I had to help him make his dream come true. I tried to imagine how it was like to live together with my husband.

I let some time pass by, then I advanced a proposal. His reaction was hard to evaluate but I had a feeling that he liked me, too.

"How do you feel about visiting me on New Year's Eve? I wouldn't mind if this was without Mark."

I couldn't wait to hear his opinion.

"I'd like to. But wouldn't that be unfair on him?"

"I already met him without you. And if he wants to, he can visit me the year after."

"Word! I'm looking forward to it!"

I felt so relieved.

It almost was like we shared a secret.

If you want to read more about the places, they visit and other (potentially) interesting stuff, make sure to check out my story discussion!
And of course, I'd love to hear your opinion :)
Copyright © 2022 Zuri; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 1
  • Love 2
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Story Discussion Topic

Happy Valentine's Day, folks! After almost a year, I have a new story: Ex gay husband 🎉 Other than my first story on the platform, Subconscious Mind, it's a translation from a German version I published on a German community. I plan on keeping you posted with interesting fun facts as I publish the chapters. So if you enjoy that, follow this thread, if not, you can just follow the story itself instead. The story The story is autobiographical, except for some dates I might
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..