Jump to content
    Zuri
  • Author
  • 564 Words
  • 677 Views
  • 0 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Ex gay husband - 5. The first time

The next logical step was to meet with Colin in person, and so he and Mark—whom I already met on an earlier occasion as you already know—planned on visiting me for a week. I wasn't allowed to have overnight guests at the shared flat I was living in at that time, so they found a place to stay via Airbnb. Mark made sure, the landlords were gay, too.

I don't know about you, but oftentimes, when I meet somebody for the first time in real life, the experience is somewhat different, not completely what I expected. I already knew Mark—he flung his arms around my neck immediately, which was common among the circle of friends around him, and to be honest I have come to appreciate it since I had barely known that from friends by that time, let alone having more than a few.

To me, it's somewhat special to meet for the first time and—if you do that—hug each other for the first time. In the case of Colin, it was exactly that. It felt like he was 100 % the way I pictured him. And I had a feeling like we knew each other forever.

After having breakfast together near central station, we walked downtown and sat down at the Alster. Colin had brought two bottles of aloe vera drink for us from his trip to the Netherlands. At that time, I hadn't been there yet. He handed me one of the bottles, I took a sip and placed the bottle next to me on the ground.

Because of my social anxiety, I oftentimes need something to be confirmed twice to be sure but am too afraid to ask—what a mess. The question, I had in mind at that moment, was: Did he bring the whole bottle for me with him, or should I just taste a sip? That sounds ridiculous, and maybe it even was. I could've answered the question myself easily. I made an attempt to ask him, to get rid of that burning question, but my mouth disobeyed me. Additionally, I didn't want to look like a fool by asking such an obvious question. So the bottle kept standing right next to me without me drinking a single more sip off it.

Since sitting around makes you get hungry, we started looking for food again. After a short search, we found a pizzeria where we sat down. Mark knew what he was going to order almost right away, while Colin and I didn't really know what to choose from the menu.

"Actually, I'm not that hungry," Colin mumbled to himself, while his eyes followed his index finger running over the different meals.

I pretended not to be that hungry either because I was niggardly and didn't dine out a lot.

"If that's the case, we could go shares with a pizza," Colin suggested, what I agreed on.

Somehow, I saw us needing to eat from the same plate in my mind's eye. And in some way, this vision was tempting. Not because I wanted a romantic dinner with Colin, but because I liked the idea to do this as the husbands we were. At that moment, I realized how important that label seemed to be to me.

To my disappointment, the waiter brought two plates with half a pizza each.

Make sure to check out the story discussion for further information below
Copyright © 2022 Zuri; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 3
  • Love 3
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Story Discussion Topic

Happy Valentine's Day, folks! After almost a year, I have a new story: Ex gay husband 🎉 Other than my first story on the platform, Subconscious Mind, it's a translation from a German version I published on a German community. I plan on keeping you posted with interesting fun facts as I publish the chapters. So if you enjoy that, follow this thread, if not, you can just follow the story itself instead. The story The story is autobiographical, except for some dates I might
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..