Jump to content
    Zuri
  • Author
  • 411 Words
  • 1,082 Views
  • 2 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Ex gay husband - 1. Wedding

There are two kinds of weddings. I bet, you did that, too, back then when you were in kindergarten. Marrying one of the other kids that you were good friends with. Not a big deal. We just mimicked the adults. What we weren't able to grasp at that age was of course the commitment for a period of time that we wouldn't have been able to distinguish from eternity.

My wedding was none of them. In fact, it kinda was both.

But before we proceed, I'll introduce you to my friend Mark. If he were to be described in one word, it's "crazy"—because that's what he made sure to appear to others. Maybe that's how he sorted the wheat from the chaff. Perhaps he did it as some form of self-protection. When one starts to know him better, it's possible to glimpse behind that facade and see a great person with whom I went through highs and lows and who's still a friend of mine. It was one of Mark's habits to "marry" people from our instant messaging group and deprive that person of every right with a prenuptial contract, not less fictional, so that this person became his property—that was his kind of humor. I was married to him as well. We never got divorced because there was no need to yet. None of us took that seriously.

One day, Mark acquainted me with Colin. Colin was a classmate of Mark and, as Mark said, aromantic like me. Later, it would turn out, he just had made bad experiences while I in return had none. We started talking and had the idea to make Colin guess my username in the forum "Boypoint" where Mark and I met.

His guess was wrong, and so I asked him: "Do you take this as your final answer?"

He replied instantly with: "Yes, I do!"

Without having planned any of the following, I noticed: "You confirm that you want to marry me without even being asked?"

He didn't seem to have any doubts when he bluntly answered with, "Soon you'll be in a happy marriage."

He knew me for just one day and didn't seem to be gay either, even though Mark ascribed that to him—Mark's special humor again. However, Colin assured me, he felt safe with me.

From that day on, we called each other "husbands".

My wedding was none of them. In fact, it kinda was both.

Fun fact: The user he thought, I was, instead is @Sammy Blue —whom some of you may know. Very flattering indeed ^^
I hope, it was obvious enough that I humorously quoted Who wants to be a millionaire? by asking, "Do you take this as your final answer?" 😉
Copyright © 2022 Zuri; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 12
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Story Discussion Topic

Happy Valentine's Day, folks! After almost a year, I have a new story: Ex gay husband 🎉 Other than my first story on the platform, Subconscious Mind, it's a translation from a German version I published on a German community. I plan on keeping you posted with interesting fun facts as I publish the chapters. So if you enjoy that, follow this thread, if not, you can just follow the story itself instead. The story The story is autobiographical, except for some dates I might
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Intriguing start.

Back in highschool I had a friend who was so not gay, but I really liked him. We called each other husband, because we were indeed really good friends. But I was so delusional. 😂

Quote

My wedding was none of them. In fact, it kinda was both.

Let's see how this continues!

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
12 hours ago, drown said:

Intriguing start.

Back in highschool I had a friend who was so not gay, but I really liked him. We called each other husband, because we were indeed really good friends. But I was so delusional. 😂

Let's see how this continues!

So you kinda also have an ex gay husband. We'll see where the similarities end 😉

  • Love 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..