Review by Rose Strailo

I believe that it was my favorite one of the three. After the first two, I was resorting to forcing myself to put aside my editors hat and was pleasantly surprised and delighted the way it drew me in. I found that the plot drew me in automatically and didn't let me go until the very end of the story.

I also liked the plot twist at the end and the way it was set up. Granted, it was like slamming into a brick wall, but it was great. I found it wonderfully done since the previous parts drew you to believe that the story would end in a different way.

My favorite out of the three, I'm glad that I got to read it. I can't really complain about anything about it either. Shocking.

This is a great story and I liked it.

I agree with Rose when she says that she was drawn in right from the start. I too was drawn in and didn't stop reading it till there was nothing left to read. The writing style is great and smooth. Easy to follow as well. The characters were developed very well and I liked the way Tristan portrayed Don's confusion. And, the twist in the end was like icing...

All in all, great piece of writing and I really look forward to more from this wonderful author.

BeaStKid

This was a good read. :) I, unlike Rose, saw the ending coming, but it was enjoyable all the same. What made this story stand out was the amount of "current events" you managed to work in. That was a nice touch. Also, the characters were quite well drawn with a minimum of effort. I would've liked to see just a bit more of that, though, particularly in the beginning, so that I'd be able to get a better mental image of what everyone looked like, etc. Nicely done. :D

A good story. It sucked me in from the very beginning and kept me interested till the end. I liked that this was a good story that happened to have gay characters as opposed to a story about gay characters. :worship:

So now I go check out everything else Tristan has written.

• 1 month later...
  • Site Administrator

Great!

I picked the general idea of what was going to happen, though I had suspected the woman was working with him.

However, when Jack and Anita first saw them I felt like screaming at them. There was a very simple thing they could've done -- go up and say hello! After all, he'd just seen a friend. What would've been more natural than to go up and chat? Of course, that would have ruined everything, but while I was reading I felt it would have been the perfect solution....

The only flaw is an editorial one. When Jack referred to house number 86, I thought it was a deliberate mistake, because the house number was reported as number 82 earlier in the story. It quickly became obvious that one of the numbers was a typo and they should've been the same. However, that's a really minor point and doesn't mess up the story.

Very, very nice. Thanks, Tristan! :2thumbs:

• 4 weeks later...