On a lighter less serious note

W_L

Odd that I can be light, but anyone here play the Sims?

A new PC version is "coming out" later this year. The highlighting for "coming out" is directed at the interesting ability that anyone playing the game can make all the major relationships gay just be a few flirts. According to some gamers of Sim II, Lesbianism is a default for the female characters, hehe! :worship:

I wonder what Sim III will offer, since Sim II allowed hetero marriage under certain condition what are the chances of gays and lesbians getting equal share?

Sim marriage equality anyone? :wub::wub:

I got to laugh here, come on don't ya'll think everyone should have taken a class in marriage!! The numbers in divorce shroud the institution itself, Hey, I lucky I've been married for going on 26 years. I have never strayed, and never will, not my nature to do so. Do over? I think if I had done so I would be dead right now from HIV in San Fransisco. There are paths to chose, I chose mine, not sure I traveled the right one or not but I'm still here.

Oh coolies, I play the Sims 2 as well! :wub:

I was so looking forward to the Sims 3 only to discover that it got postponed. Now we all have to wait until summer! Waa! :(

I didn't know about the 'lesbians by default' for female sims but I've heard of hacks that can allow the player to choose their character's sexual preference. Actually, I've not only heard of it, I use that mod! Hehe. But even without add-ons, I think the game's pretty fair when it comes to equality. Heterosexual sims can get married and homosexual sims can have joint unions. So they have different names but still, they get to the same things (straight, gay or bisexual). I even made a gay couple adopt in my game. :)

And oooh, have you downloaded that mod that can get males pregnant and lesbians to have babies together? :D (Yeah, yeah, I'm a Sims 2 geek...)

I was so looking forward to the Sims 3 only to discover that it got postponed. Now we all have to wait until summer! Waa! :(

I didn't know about the 'lesbians by default' for female sims but I've heard of hacks that can allow the player to choose their character's sexual preference. Actually, I've not only heard of it, I use that mod! Hehe. But even without add-ons, I think the game's pretty fair when it comes to equality. Heterosexual sims can get married and homosexual sims can have joint unions. So they have different names but still, they get to the same things (straight, gay or bisexual). I even made a gay couple adopt in my game. :)

And oooh, have you downloaded that mod that can get males pregnant and lesbians to have babies together? :D (Yeah, yeah, I'm a Sims 2 geek...)

You don't need the mod, just use a male alien hybrid with a regular human male and have the two wohoo!

Your boy will be pregnant. The difference is the skin tone will be slightly green. Oh well, the kids look cute and after a few generations, the difference disappear and we all become family.

Have you ever had neighbors that frowned at seeing two guys make out; Homophobes in Sims? I see that I declare judgment like God and throw them into a pool or burn their house down, hehe! Now if only God were that fun in real life.

I was looking forward to it too. T_T

I use SimsPE to modify my game and a regular unimesh system if I want to create custom content. I love messing with the game, and I can't wait for the Sims III. :lol:

You don't need the mod, just use a male alien hybrid with a regular human male and have the two wohoo!

Your boy will be pregnant. The difference is the skin tone will be slightly green. Oh well, the kids look cute and after a few generations, the difference disappear and we all become family.

I found that if you type in "boolprop testingcheatsenabled true" in the cheat box, then you can shift click this tombstone from a sim and create a pregnancy between two sims, despite the gender (males have babies too.) LOL.

I have too much spare time on my hand. :/

Edited by ArpeGGio

LOL! That's a funny strip, W.L. Hehe, I bet our sims curse us every single day for putting them through all that. :lol:

And you're not the only one ArpeGGio, I tend to spend more time on the Sims 2 than I do sleeping. Well, okay, not true (at least not this week anyways). I do have days when I can play for hours on end though and it's quite fun when there's nothing else to do. I like creating storylines for my hood and pretend something big's going on. I created a hospital recently and made the 'chief of staff' sim set his employees' uniforms to blue scrubs. Very Grey's Anatomy. :) One woman quit so she's a desperate housewife now and her husband's been getting wants to flirt with the neighbors. Oh, the drama!

That's great. It would be a better substitute than real life drama, huh?

I really just like the hacking, creating, and building in the game more than playing it. My sims have awful luck with dying. :P

Yep, way better than real life drama!

And wow, you should start building your sims a graveyard soon. They do seem to die easily, don't they? I created a teen sim with a single parent once and just a few minutes after moving them in, a satellite fell on him while he was out cloud watching! Lol. Also, they tend to die of starvation after having too much 'woohoo'. :blink:

Yep, way better than real life drama!

And wow, you should start building your sims a graveyard soon. They do seem to die easily, don't they? I created a teen sim with a single parent once and just a few minutes after moving them in, a satellite fell on him while he was out cloud watching! Lol. Also, they tend to die of starvation after having too much 'woohoo'. :blink:

Hey no criticizing "Wohoos", hehe!

You could always try to bring them back; though they might turn into zombies. I love magic.

I heard somewhere that they might introduce more diseases into the next version of Sims, not just colds. I hope sims will not get STD's, but that might drop down "Wohoos". Teen sims remember to wear protection. :D:lol:

Seriously, Will Wright is a genius for thinking up this franchise. It's so addictive to mess around with their lives, but also helping them out by giving them little bonuses or some fun activities.

Which expansion packs do you guys have for Sims or Sims II

You don't need mods for any of that stuff. In the neighborhood view, call up the cheat box (Ctrl+Shift+C) and type "boolProp TestingCheatsEnabled true" into it. It's a very powerful cheat code that lets you produce the Tombstone of Life and Death (lets you do practically ANYTHING) and allows you to keep their needs at full strength all the time. It also allows you maximize their skills.

I stopped at Seasons and I mainly build. Playing gets boring since it's the same crap over and over.

There is no cheat or mod for gay marriage. I have many gay couples that are married just like the heteros.

You don't need mods for any of that stuff. In the neighborhood view, call up the cheat box (Ctrl+Shift+C) and type "boolProp TestingCheatsEnabled true" into it. It's a very powerful cheat code that lets you produce the Tombstone of Life and Death (lets you do practically ANYTHING) and allows you to keep their needs at full strength all the time. It also allows you maximize their skills.

I stopped at Seasons and I mainly build. Playing gets boring since it's the same crap over and over.

There is no cheat or mod for gay marriage. I have many gay couples that are married just like the heteros.

Hmm...wonder if that gay sim is flirting with the neighbor with a wife and kids. I smell "American Beauty" drama!

I think the game is nearly limitless in how fun it can be. You need to try certain things to change it up a bit; maybe add university and nightlife to have some fun. Also get your sims out on dates or even drive somewhere with them.

My little sister loved Sims.

She put a baby in a house.

Put it on fire.

Her mum saw it.

She never got to play Sims every again.

Just tell your mum, it's a learning game. Where else can a kid learn how to collect life insurance from a dead child? :P:lol:

I agree that sometimes we do things in Sims that might be evil in real life.

Oh dear! :lol: They even steal newspapers and knock down each other's trash can when upset. Lol.

I didn't know about babies through the boolprop cheat but now I may have to try that out. And wow, more diseases in Sims 3...might be depressing though. I mean, it's bad enough as it is with the flu or I think it was pneumonia. One of my sims had it in my old hood and nearly EVERYONE got infected. I think around 3 or 4 of them died!

As for Sim STDS hmm...that'll teach the Romance Sims. Perhaps with an added Fear: 'Get STD'. Right now the only consequence they'd have to face is unexpected pregnancy which they eventually accept. Part of me wishes they'd be miserable about it. Yeah, I know, I'm a sadist. Bad me!

I heard that the Sims III is going to have detailed body structures. I'm sorry, but fat sims in the Sims II aren't very fat and I'm going to enjoy adjusting their image in greater detail.

-so excited-

I heard that the Sims III is going to have detailed body structures. I'm sorry, but fat sims in the Sims II aren't very fat and I'm going to enjoy adjusting their image in greater detail.

-so excited-

Detailed body structure, wonder if it means they might have anatomically adjustable sims. (Sim Enzyte anyone, it's all naturally artificial) :lol::wub:

I hope he also patches Sims 3 with his new SimCity like he did with the original Sims; cuz Sim Society for me sucked.

I hope Will Wright will develop a new Spores one day; I like the idea of being God way too much and evolving my own variation of intelligent life is awesome. Evolving species, building societies, constructing cities, dominating the world through military force, and then take over the Universe; the guy thinks big.

Yeah, I'm excited about the Sims 3 body structures as well. The 'fat' mesh in the Sims 2 is almost the same as the 'pregnant' mesh. Lol. It's like they can eat and eat and it all ends up in their tummy, never the cheeks or limbs. Plus the sim children are butt-ugly. Good thing they grow out of the fugliness though. :)

Yeah, I'm excited about the Sims 3 body structures as well. The 'fat' mesh in the Sims 2 is almost the same as the 'pregnant' mesh. Lol. It's like they can eat and eat and it all ends up in their tummy, never the cheeks or limbs. Plus the sim children are butt-ugly. Good thing they grow out of the fugliness though. :)

What are you talking about? The children in the game are VERY realistic! :lol: