Being single....

Thirdeye

For me its lonely, a gay community seems to be a myth to me.

Never found a usa\bf - not counting an internet bf.

Awww, that sounds rough :(

Obviously I don't know what sort of resources exist in your area, but have you considered non-club/bar type atmospheres? Even if you're not interested in to political/activist groups there are often a lot of specialized organizations for specific hobbies and interests :)

Sorry you haven't been able to find a comfortable GLBT community :(

-Kevin

Awww, that sounds rough :(

Obviously I don't know what sort of resources exist in your area, but have you considered non-club/bar type atmospheres? Even if you're not interested in to political/activist groups there are often a lot of specialized organizations for specific hobbies and interests :)

Sorry you haven't been able to find a comfortable GLBT community :(

-Kevin

Thanks - mom spits out homophobic comments when gay characters appear on TV.

Its hurts - because I'm respectful of most people as long as they're good people.

Well, you're from New Jersey. It doesn't allow gay marriage, at the moment, but it's a pretty decent state to live in for its civil union status. I'm also pretty sure you could kiss another boy in public and have it not be a big deal- you can do that in Delaware, which is more conservative than Jersey is.

If I wasn't scared of the taxes, I'd think of NJ. Seems like a nice, versatile state to live in.

Not in my very conservative county. Plus, Corzine shoved his foot up his own ass, and I think the dems are gonna pay for it come election time.

Yes taxes are horrible, I get raped with every pay check and I'm well below the poverty line. I made $4000 last year and they still forgot the vaseline. Luckily, I'm not a home owner, so I don't have to pay an exit tax when I move out. That's right, if you own a home in NJ and wanna move out of state, you have to pay them. Geez, and everyone thought the mafia was bad.

You mean you and John are going to live in the Nifty Archives? :blink:

I might not be gay enough to have fashion sense, but I 'm gay enough to bitch slap you! lol

It can also be lonely.

So very very true.

Jovian, Jovian, Jovian.... So young and innocent my dear.... You could be surrounded by people who love you or at least claim to love you and still feel like the loneliest person alive!

Heh, I think this woman knows me better then I know myself at times. I'm surrounded by people who love me and yet I constantly feel so damn alone.

Okay, enough of a misery party, Mark, bring on the strippers!

Heh, I think this woman knows me better then I know myself at times. I'm surrounded by people who love me and yet I constantly feel so damn alone.

I think that the key thing to being satisfied while single and being satisfied while partnered is being willing and able to reach out - emotionally - to the people you care about.

I have a very satisfying, significant emotional relationship with a good number of people and even when I'm "alone" I don't feel "lonely" because I know that if I need them they're only a text/call/drive away.

If I were with someone right now I still think it would be imperative that I would be willing to open up and express myself to that person - and have a reasonable expectation that they would respond favourably - otherwise I would not feel satisfied in the relationship.

"Just because I'm single doesn't mean I'm incomplete."

I agree with Kevin: You have to be good with yourself before you can be good with someone else.

I agree. And also, jumping into a relationship just because you want to be in a relationship isn't a good idea -- I see it happen all the time; sometimes they end fast, sometimes the relationships are drawn-out and painful, but they have one thing in common: they never work. There has to be something more than wanting a partner, it has to be the right person, too.

I agree. And also, jumping into a relationship just because you want to be in a relationship isn't a good idea -- I see it happen all the time; sometimes they end fast, sometimes the relationships are drawn-out and painful, but they have one thing in common: they never work. There has to be something more than wanting a partner, it has to be the right person, too.

Couldn't agree more. I did that once, finished one relationship then jumped into another 3 weeks later. Huge mistake. Ended up hurting the guy, and that was never my intention. I really think you need a good period of months for the wounds to heal, before you even think about another relationship.