Open Club  ·  74 members  ·  Free

C James Fan Club

Nuclear Proliferation!

I have strong opinions on nuclear proliferation (I consider it the single greatest threat for human extinction and thus take it seriously) and have often ranted regarding the bungling of this issue by this and prior administrations, but any matches between the current administration's actions and Changing Lanes are coincidental.

That's a quote from CJ that was brought up in the last chapter of Changing Lanes. At the time I didn't weigh in on the subject because I was still doing my own research at the time, plus I didn't feel that discussing it within the context of the chapter post itself was appropriate. That said, I've created a new post. The following is something I've written for my composition 2 class, in which I have to present my paper tomorrow...ehr, later on today, actually, in about 8 and a half hours. As previously stated, i'm posting it here because at the time when it was being discussed I didn't feel I knew enough about the subject to properly weigh in (even though I've supposedly been researching it for the past 4 weeks or so). Thus, I present to you my paper, which I must warn you, don't steal it for your own class, it's called plagiarism.

Regards,

Jon

and now, without further ado:

Nuclear Proliferation! What is it and why is it important?

"I am become death, the shatterer of worlds."

Ah, I forgot to mention. Some of the information regarding our current payload on U.S. Nuclear Submarines (yes, I do know there are more our there, such as the British Empire's use of trident missiles on their SSBNs, but I was more concerned with getting the paper done so I could go to bed, get up and make my powerpoint to go with the presentation)

So, in effect, the U.S. has like 18 SSBNs according to the last quote used. That book was written in 2001. As of 2002 or 03 or 04 two Ohio class submarines were converted to SSGN's (Sub surface guided nuclear) with conventional payloads, i.e., tomahawks, and I believe at least two more are being converted to SSGNs as well. Now all that being said, I haven't even gotten into researching nuclear silos on land and such...so...if someone else wants to do that, go for it. And just for something else to think about, I believe i read somewhere that there's like 20,000 nuclear weapons in the world at the moment (could be higher, I don't remember the exact number now :( sorry)

Regards, again,

Jon

That's a quote from CJ that was brought up in the last chapter of Changing Lanes. At the time I didn't weigh in on the subject because I was still doing my own research at the time, plus I didn't feel that discussing it within the context of the chapter post itself was appropriate. That said, I've created a new post. The following is something I've written for my composition 2 class, in which I have to present my paper tomorrow...ehr, later on today, actually, in about 8 and a half hours. As previously stated, i'm posting it here because at the time when it was being discussed I didn't feel I knew enough about the subject to properly weigh in (even though I've supposedly been researching it for the past 4 weeks or so). Thus, I present to you my paper, which I must warn you, don't steal it for your own class, it's called plagiarism.

Regards,

Jon

and now, without further ado:

Nuclear Proliferation! What is it and why is it important?

"I am become death, the shatterer of worlds."

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..