snake

Toast

How do you tell if it's deadly. It didn't look like all the king snakes I have seen over the years in the garden, they are always pretty. Usually all black with a little yellow/green markings. Even the big ones are harmless. They just lie there or crawl off. But this snake acted like it was freaky friday or something or like I had a hoe in hand and death in the eye. It was long and fat and mostly a dusty black with some brown gray marking in the middle. It definitely had that arrow shaped head. I wouldn't call it offensive aggressive, but it was all defensive aggressive. It's head was raised at least a foot in the air and was waving around and it was working it's mouth funny like. And it was moving it's whole body in a sideways motion. Cottonmouth? I have seen some huge king snakes on the farm but this was the first truly scarie snake I have ever seen, including the copperheads. This was mean snake. I let it go, but man I'm nervous about the garden.

How do you tell if it's deadly. It didn't look like all the king snakes I have seen over the years in the garden, they are always pretty. Usually all black with a little yellow/green markings. Even the big ones are harmless. They just lie there or crawl off. But this snake acted like it was freaky friday or something or like I had a hoe in hand and death in the eye. It was long and fat and mostly a dusty black with some brown gray marking in the middle. It definitely had that arrow shaped head. I wouldn't call it offensive aggressive, but it was all defensive aggressive. It's head was raised at least a foot in the air and was waving around and it was working it's mouth funny like. And it was moving it's whole body in a sideways motion. Cottonmouth? I have seen some huge king snakes on the farm but this was the first truly scarie snake I have ever seen, including the copperheads. This was mean snake. I let it go, but man I'm nervous about the garden.

B).............Too bad you didn't have a cell phone that could of taken a picture of it. Triangular shaped head? Sounds like it didn't like you much, I'm like you if they they go away and appear harmless, I'd leave them be. This one I would have shot and asked questions later! 0:)

B).............Too bad you didn't have a cell phone that could of taken a picture of it. Triangular shaped head? Sounds like it didn't like you much, I'm like you if they they go away and appear harmless, I'd leave them be. This one I would have shot and asked questions later! 0:)

Ew ew ew... pictures of snakes should be banned on GA. :P

Heh.. fat bodied, arrow shaped head, and defensive aggressive (stand and fight, not run and hide) = would likely be a venomous snake... the rattle snake, "cotton mouth," and Copperhead family all fall into that description.

So stay away from that one. ;)

I guess I can't post a picture. I can't figure out how. But do cottonmouths get that big. Like five feet long.

B)..........I've know clue on that one. Never seen one we have rattlers and king snakes here in the desert, but they are very here. Ask Krista, she has handled a few snakes in her time!! 0:)

There are deer that come into the park also. Not just snakes. Is that cute enough. Bambi. This summer I have counted twelve at once in the front park eating my roses. And blue birds and rabbits. I used to walk booger in the mornings and see where the deer had slept the night away under the chestnut trees. Booger was bit once by a copperhead. He survived it though and lived to be 19. That is pretty old for a labrador. A long time ago wild pigs would chew up the ground under the pecan trees at night. It has been awhile since a black bear was spotted. Strangely someone claimed to have seen a cougar the other day. It was in the paper. Front page.