iPhone users might find this useful

Guest Wyndham

Guest Wyndham

I often use my iPhone to read stories on GA and found the small font size a problem. There is no option on the Safari browser on the iPhone to adjust the text/font size and, with all thanks to GA for offering a text size option on the story pages, it doesn't work all that well (for me) - and it only works if you stay on the GA main site - none of the hosted authors I have visited have a text size option.

Help is at hand. You can create iPhone-Safari bookmarks which will change the font size to what you want.

SET UP THE SHORTCUTS

(The attached file contains the required shortcuts - simply unzip and copy to your IE favourites folder)

1. Create a favourite on Internet Explorer to set the font size (or several)

2. Sync with your iPhone

The best way to do this is as follows:

Create a favourite on IE and then edit it - if you need help then feel free to contact me, but basically you go to your favourites, choose organise, rename the favourite to something useful and replace the link to one of these shown below.

I have called my favourites "Font 22", "Font 20", etc The reason for having different ones is that different sizes are needed depending on the settings on the web site. e.g. Visiting Altemexis I need "Font 22", whereas the main GA pages work best for me using "Font 18".

Here is the code for the link (the actual url) javascript:for(i=0;i%3Cdocument.getElementsByTagName%20('*').length;i++)void(document.getElementsByTagName('*'%20)%5Bi%5D.style.fontSize='22pt');

To create different ones simply change the font size near the end of the code.

Once again, feel free to contact me if you need any help.

HOW TO USE

1. Open the story in GA

2. "Click" on the bookmarks shortcut in Safari (i.e. press with your finger) and select the required font size. Unfortunately you will need to do this every time you go to a new page - I don't have a "persistent" solution.

Font size shortcuts.zip