The Perks of Being a Wallflower

This isn't really a story you'll find online (legally anyway) as it is a book published by Stephen Chbosky back in 1999. I just wanted to recommend this book anyway perhaps so that others may have a chance to read it. I came across the title thanks to someone's status update regarding the Percy Jackson movie. Logan Lerman (the star who played Percy) was cast to play Charlie in the movie adaptation of this book currently planned for release in 2011.

I seriously can't imagine him playing the role of Charlie in the book but that's not really the point of this post.

Personally, I think anyone that can pull off playing Charlie in a movie without looking fake should get an Academy Award. Again though, that's not the point.

There are rumors going around that Emma Watson (Hermione from the Harry Potter Movies) will co-star with Lerman. However, that's not the point either.

The point is (and I swear I'm getting to it now) that the book was really good. I started reading it yesterday and finished the whole book by today. Roughly, it's a coming of age book that focuses around the life of Charlie, a freshman who is afraid of his upcoming High School life. The whole book is a series of letters to someone he calls "friend" though has not met personally. He changed the names of the people in his letters so that his "friend" cannot know who he really is. The story touches on sensitive topics such as homosexuality, drugs, suicide, abuse, rebellion, and relationships.

I wish the book didn't have to end because I was sorely becoming attached to the main character, Charlie. I was both happy and sad when I reached the ending.

A few negative criticisms I have though is that some characters seemed underdeveloped or even some issues left unresolved. I have another criticism but it involves the last few parts of the story and I don't want to spoil the plot for anyone.

These however did not prevent me from recommending the book. So, if you're looking for an interesting book, check this one out. More information on it can be found in wikipedia.

literally the best book ever in the history of anything

it is sad depending on how you look at it, plus the curiosities of Charlie and what he does is just captivating and beautiful maybe even a little bit sexy. Definitely worth reading, it will make you think. I think he left characters undeveloped and issues not finished on purpose. It makes you think and wonder. You only hear from Charlie nobody else, so his opinion is biased. I did however dislike the apathy Charlie had towards everything. But maybe that's just him.

The book itself is very short easily read in a couple of days.

Looking for Alaska is good too.