I really wonder ?

I really wonder if some of you have any idea of what it takes to put together a site like this?

Myr has put years into this. It has been a long struggle but it is really paying off. We are getting quite a crowd here now. But I wonder if you you folks really know what you have?

I guess I am a little dissapotined in the new poll on the archives.

I wonder if any of you really know how much effort goes into finding really good stories to link to, or host on this site????

We really are blessed, we have authors that are members and hosted here that should really have their books in print. But we have the honor of being able to read their works for free.

Finding these stories is not a simple thing.

You say most of them are posted at Nifty? Fine then I challenge you go to nifty and find one that is not linked here. There are some mind you, I have not posted links to all that I love over there yet. But I want you all to realize that it takes a lot of reading to find a good story to link to.

Finding a good author is not easy, but there are many of them out there, try going to a book store and finding the amount or quaility of authors that we have to offer here!

I am one of the major contributer of authors to this site and I want to tell you it is not easy, but it is rewarding. Each time I find a quality author for you guys, I find them for myself also. But a lot of times you have to read through a lot of crap to find the good stuff. You really have to give a author a few chapters to find out how good they are. Thus I read way more than I should.

I really think that you folks should go back and check the poll on the archives out again and think about it a bit.

Go to your local book store and price the books. Then I even dare you to try and find the selection you have here!

This site is worth it weight in gold.

Merlin, I really want to thank you for you dream here and for what you have accomplished. I remember when this was just a little idea in the back of your head and I am so gald that you went ahead with with it. May you goals in IRL come to gether as well as this site has.

Hugs

Michael

You know I was just checking out how many member we have, it is really quite impressive.

If you times that amount by the cost of 1 new novel on the market you would come up with $8,880.15. That means if each and every member help to support this site with just the cost of one paperback novel a month, oh my god what a site we would have.

Serioulsy folks, think about this, ninty percent of of net authors never receive any kind of payment. For the price of one novel we could keep this site going and return something to the authors of the stories that are posted here.

Gives you something to think about does it not?????? :blink:

Well said. And I agree. Then the Shack was in trouble, and left to drift without any place to stay, Myr was there. He gave me a space on this site, gave me a brand new Cafe message board, is ALWAYS there to help me update the site quickly and efficiently (To a point of being almost 'superhuman' about it), and sat me at a virtual table with some of the finest gay fiction writer's online. For that, I owe him everything. The Shack is a handful, and I drive myself CRAZY trying to keep up with even a FRACTION of all the stuff that needs to be done...and yet, none of that would be possible without Myriddian. Not to mention that he's maintaining all of these boards, making announcements, and watching over a bunch of sites at once. And he still has time to make last minute updates on my site early in the morning before work. :) That takes a *LOT* more than just hard work and organization skills. That takes a real passion and a true love for what you're doing. And he's demonstrated that passion time and time again through tireless dedication to this place. For that, I salute you man.

I'm probably one of the brokest people on the planet, hehehe, but I'd be proud to give you a donation to keep things running smoothly. Any help you need, you let me know. Cool?

As for good authors, I recommend this place all the time. No problems there. They know this server rocks! :) We're one hand gesture away from being an online GANG at this point! Hehehe! I'm definitely all for keeping this place at the very top of everybody's list in terms of being the best place for online fiction.

One last thing...I say that we all make it a point to spread the word about GA whenever we can. To every author that you write to or review, to other sites you visit, or maybe when you find someone online looking for stories to read that won't fall 'flat' after a few paragraphs. There are still thousands of people who have no idea we're even here. So if you can spread a link here or there, it would help.

One last thing...I say that we all make it a point to spread the word about GA whenever we can. To every author that you write to or review, to other sites you visit, or maybe when you find someone online looking for stories to read that won't fall 'flat' after a few paragraphs. There are still thousands of people who have no idea we're even here. So if you can spread a link here or there, it would help.

I think a lot of people know and appreciate how much time/effort and finances go into the site. People may not vocalise their appreciation but it is there.

It is hard to find good stories/authors with so many out there, but I think this site is a good example of how it can be done.

So to myr, thanks for the great site.