I need technical help YET AGAIN

So... if anyone has been following my recent events you will know that I have somehow acquired a laptop curse.

I thought that this was finally resolved when my beautiful brand new Amber arrived and I love her so much... except that now my touchpad slider isn't working

OK... the most untechnical ever attemt at explaining what the problem is.

The slider will make the pointer go up and down but it won't grab the page and make the page go up and down.

I have to use the page slidebar which is a huge pain in the ass

Is this something I have to swap laptops for or is it something that I can fix on the computer itself. It was fine when I switched off last night and it wasn't when I switched on this morning. :(

Well, I twiddled around a bit and found a thingie that said reinstall factory settings and I clicked on the touchpad and it restarted my computer and now it works again. :)

No idea how I did it but I fixed it

YAY ME

Thanks and hugs to Maria. I will remember to try that if it happens again Coz I am sure that I will never be able to repeat my accidental actions in fixing it this time