Plan B in Vending Machine at Shippensburg University

methodwriter85

Damn, that's pretty cool.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5iUgLMl4rcL9mMqM_2J6da3_m2Mlg?docId=4d1ab40df530485e81030138197843e3

I'm all for increasing the access to Plan B. I don't get why there's even a debate here- Plan B is not an abortion drug; it's just a high dose of the Pill that will keep fertilization from taking place. You increase the amount of people being able to take this, you get a responding decrease in the amount of abortions taking place. Everybody wins.

It'd be great to launch a campaign to continue increasing access to Plan B at colleges.

Its great too that its about half the cost ($25) that it would be normally at a pharmacy. I had a friend, who last semester had to go get a morning after pill because he 'forgot' to pull out. Posted Image It ended up costing him $50 at the pharmacy and he had to explain to his parents why he charged $50 at CVS to his debit card that they paid for. Posted Image Luckily his parents were understanding about it, but what if they weren't? Making it cheap and easily accessible like this prevents an already scary situation from becoming worse.

I know they sell Plan B here on campus at the health center, but I think its still like $40-50.

Edited by TetRefine

I don't get why there's even a debate here- Plan B is not an abortion drug; it's just a high dose of the Pill that will keep fertilization from taking place.

'What, it's something that prevents pregnancy after the sex act is finished? ABORTION!'

That is the level of science knowledge you're arguing with, sir.

Edit: And withdrawal? Is he REALLY that stupid? Withdrawal simply don't work people!

Edited by Rilbur