so, Internet Explorer 9

hh5

when it came out ... it didn't let twitter nor FB to run ... I tried everything to get it to run .. it was a waste to load it up

I was getting use to IE8 ... it also had issues with the above but at least I found the override ... to make it work

I was very happy with IE7??

so, I had to reload my os from backups to avoid the issue of removing IE9 ...

recently Win Update forces you to update if u didn't catch it in time to prevent it from installing because they made it a critical update ...

oh now it works ... no more complaints ... but one ... it crashes sometimes ... its quirky ... it slow or bit unresponsive ... i don't use IE in general unless a website is dying to need it

I am happy with chome or firefox ...

if someone wants to add a poll .. please do so ..

They will make you use IE9 in Win 8 ... they want to sever the old in order to get HTML5 ... the adobe Flash killer up and running

Once again: let someone else be Microsoft's Beta tester.

Wait 6 months or a year and then use the product once the bugs have been worked out.

You have options. Use Firefox or Chrome.

They will make you use IE9 in Win 8 ... they want to sever the old in order to get HTML5 ... the adobe Flash killer up and running

how old is your laptop? mine is six years old

I found that IE9 was very unresponsive and ran like a dog. So I've went with chrome. There are a lot less issues with it than IE.

how old is your laptop? mine is six years old

It's actually a desktop running a dual core 3ghz processor, 8gb of ram and running with a ssd disk. I still find IE9 to be a drag, even on that platform.

off topic question ... does it have VT HW on the chip? sounds like it can run VMWare better than my laptop

It's actually a desktop running a dual core 3ghz processor, 8gb of ram and running with a ssd disk. I still find IE9 to be a drag, even on that platform.

off topic question ... does it have VT HW on the chip? sounds like it can run VMWare better than my laptop

Yes, it has hyper threading. But I wouldn't consider VMware for use, I'd rather use hyper-v ;)

oh i meant hardware emulation on the chip made for use of hyper-v ... it makes virtual run like real time

Yes, it has hyper threading. But I wouldn't consider VMware for use, I'd rather use hyper-v Posted Image

oh i meant hardware emulation on the chip made for use of hyper-v ... it makes virtual run like real time

I'm not 100% sure, but I do know the system has a hardware hyper visor. It lets me run hyper-v. I've got 2008/R2 enterprise installed as the base OS.

cool ... I think I tried amd 64bit but only up to 2008R1 .. no hv ... i was suffering from bad cables and seagate drives showing they are of poor quality

I'm not 100% sure, but I do know the system has a hardware hyper visor. It lets me run hyper-v. I've got 2008/R2 enterprise installed as the base OS.