Less than a week to submit 2024 Anthology Entries ×

Euro's 2012

Yettie One

And we start off with a resounding . . . draw. I am soooo proud, NOT!

God help us all.

The French were much more aggressive and could have easily won. I think the English were lucky to get out of the game with a draw.

I thought the Ukranians were much more aggressive against the Swedes. That game really surprised me.

Totally stunned at the way Greece played tonight. That was just pants!

Mind you, what a result for the Ukraine. :) I wonder how that result bodes for the English team? Hmmmmmm

Portugal and Germany playing tomorrow. :D Should be good games to watch.

Yes, the Greek team played like their bodies were on the field and the minds were at home worrying about the economic situation. I was suprised the Poles managed a draw with Russia. Can't wait to see the Germany - Portugal match. Germany will have to play better than their last game if they hope to win though.

Wait, I just checked. It's Germany - Netherlands and Denmark - Portugal.

Edited by Bill W

Wait, I just checked. It's Germany - Netherlands and Denmark - Portugal.

Yeah, I should have made that more clear. I meant we'd get to see them both play tonight, not actually against each other. Portugal need to pull their finger out tonight or they could be going home! :/

I think Russia gifted Poland that poin! :(

Portugal 3 - Denmark 2. I thought it was an exciting match.

Germany 2 - Netherlands 0 Germany played better in this match, but at times the Dutch looked as if they were sleepwalking.

Edited by Bill W

I was disappointed for the Danes! :/ Thought they played damn well. And then I can't believe it, I feel asleep at the start of the German game! Posted Image

Looks like Ireland are on their way home then ey!

England v Sweden tonight........ They need a good result. :)

Germany and Spain seem to be getting stronger, so everyone else will have to watch out. You're correct about the Irish and I think their fans knew it too, because they seemed unfazed by the defeat and continued to have a good time.

Jeeeeeesh watching England play is never easy!

Wow, that was quite a match. :) Great Wellbeck goal mind you!

Anyone see that rain storm in the France-Ukraine? Reminded me of what a real rain storm looks like! :P

Must say tho I felt sorry for the Ukrainians. Ah well, Russians back on tomorrow. Posted Image

I estimate that the Sun newspaper had to change it's headlines at least three times in that game from 'He's the saviour' to 'He should be sacked'. Depending on what the score was at the time.

I'm now just waiting for all the garbage that comes with an England win. And before anyone calls me out as just been a typical scot, I'm actually English !

Mike, not so loud. The Queen is trying to keep that knowledge under wraps.

Yes, the French and English were both fortunate to survive the day. The French in that they didn't drown and the English with a game that could have gone either way. The winning goal was the result of a rather awkward strike, but as long as it goes into the net it counts. Congrats to the fans of both of the winners.

Poland didn't really try to win. They should have played much more offensive. To the end of the game it turned into a battle and not a game. They were lucky the referre didn't use his yellow cards more often. Some of them could have turned into red.

I hope the games today will be better. I guess Portugal will win agains the Netherlands and Denmark-Germany will be a draw.

Yes, Poland looked as if they just gave up, so they were eliminated, and then the Greeks took out the Russians. Guess the Greek team is hoping a win might bolster things back home.

Wasn't it Gary Lineker who said: "Footbal is a game where 22 players chase a ball around for 90 minutes and in the end the Germans win."?

Over the years, different countries have had their runs. When I was growing up and playing soccer, a new sport to my high school and the league we were in, it was Brazil and Pele that were king. Artentina also had a good run, and now it's Germany and Spain, but I'm sure others will get their days in the sun too.

Ok so for really the first time ever I've started watching soccer on tv. It used to be a sport I despised, but I have to admit its grown on me a lot over the past two years. I still can't watch a full game straight through, but I switch back and forth to the match while watching something else. I'm getting there. :P

One thing though I still can't stand is how the players put popular middle school girls to shame when it comes to drama queening. Someone will barely touch them and they'll be rolling around on the ground acting like they got shot. Is that just a part of soccer?

• Like 1

One thing though I still can't stand is how the players put popular middle school girls to shame when it comes to drama queening. Someone will barely touch them and they'll be rolling around on the ground acting like they got shot. Is that just a part of soccer?

:D :D :D

Couldn't have put it any better!

The professional fowl has become a huge part of modern football unfortunately today. A fly could fly past a footballer and he'd go down looking for a free kick, and if they are in the box, they dive better than Tom Daley!!!

It can be sad, coz some really great football is ruined by some really quite cynical play. :/

They all went to the School of Klinsmann :lol: