Accents

methodwriter85

Hey, next time just ask the guy out. Who could refuse you? Posted Image

The sky must be falling if that ever happens. Back in high school, a teacher suggested to girls that they can ask boys out also. One girl (I believe she was the captain of soccer team, erm... I mean football to you... ;)) was like she blushed and protested that she could never do that. She was very outgoing. You'd never imagine she would be all sassy and girly about it. It's just the social role thing.... Not saying I am a girl, nor do I fee like one, and sometimes I can be independent minded and feisty (I must be a red-head in my previous life). But when it comes to this kind thing, PLEASE, boys should do the honor.

Next time if you see a tall guy standing there like a vase, giving you every chance for a little talk, and check back on you once a while, ask him out, for crying out loud.

• 2 weeks later...

I find accents to be pretty interesting. I've been checking out some videos that showcase my regional dialect, which is the Mid-Atlantic Accent. (Basically, Philadelphia/Baltimore/South New Jersey/Northern Delaware.)

The young guy's accent there was so Jersey Shore stoner there...I loved it.

I'm guilty of the elongated "o" sound. Although there were times when I listened and thought, "Wait, where's the accent?", which kind of scared me. LOL.

He's got a great point, too- you really don't see much representation of an accurate Philly accent- people just have them talk like they're from New York ala Rocky. It's fun- you don't have the stereotypical Yankee accent, but you don't have the Southern accent, either.

Anyone else love learning about and understanding accents?

Baltimore accent is an interesting one, and it comes from a small fishing town i read somewhere in england. you cannot mistake a Baltimore one or boston (if it's southie)

My grandpa has a combination of a Brooklyn accent (where he grew up), and a Long Island one (where he's lived since 1950s). I still don't understand what he says sometimes. Posted Image

As for myself, I've been told I have a normal northern accent, like how they speak on tv. New England is famous for its nasally accents, but the only people in New Hampshire who still have those accents are the rednecks and country bumpkins who live in the woods. The vast majority of people here have standard northern accents.

Snickers dont forget about Maine ;)