The New iOS 7

TetRefine

You were a solid 10/10 in my book before this topic, but now that I know you're an Apple user I've been forced to lower it to 8/10.

Dancing_Andy2.gif

8/10 = still top 20%. :D

He was a 1/10 when he used his Android but is now a 2/10 now that I know he uses an iPhone

Disregard bitches. :P

• Like 2

its weird full os charge for upgrades

do they charge for ios, android?

lol, msft trying to charge but we'll see in win9 (tablets)

so far I hear 8.1 is free upgrade

Apple Inc. (AAPL) has revealed that 200 million iOS devices have been upgraded to iOS 7.

In spite of early problems with upgrading to iOS 7, Apple Inc. (NASDAQ:AAPL) reports today that 200 million users have upgraded their devices to the new operating system. That’s compared to 100 million devices upgraded to last year’s version of the operating system over the same amount of time. This news, paired with Apple’s announcement that it sold 9 million new iPhones during launch weekend, means the company’s results are looking good going into the December quarter.

Edited by hh5

anyone got sick from UI?

Apple iOS 7 makes some people literally SICK. As in puking, not upset
Forging new frontiers in fanboi fragility, some members of the iDevice community have taken to Apple's discussion forum to complain that iOS 7 makes them want to puke.

No, their nausea isn't being caused by mere aesthetic revulsion. Rather, the source is iOS 7's many zoom animations along with the slight parallax effect that iOS 7 uses to create the illusion of 3D display layers – home-screen backgrounds, for example, can be seen to shift slightly behind icons as a user rotates their phone.

These bits of UI trickery make some people sick.

"The zoom animations everywhere on the new iOS 7 are literally making me nauseous and giving me a headache. It's exactly how I used to get car sick if I tried to read in the car," wrote the initial poster in an Apple forum entitled "Any way to turn off iOS 7 navigation animations?"

"I have the same problem," writes another. "After using it for two minutes, I felt nauseous."

A third: "I have the same problem. It hurts my eyes and makes me dizzy. So annoying that we can't downgrade!!!! Really unhappy with Apple on this one :-("

A fourth: "I thought I was going crazy today after I updated my phone and I noticed I was feeling queasy every time I used it. Now I see I am not alone! I just used my phone for about 20 minutes and now I feel like I'm going to vomit."

iOS 7: Apple solves lockscreen security bug following hacking fears
Apple has solved a security glitch that allowed potential fraudsters to access personal information held on an iPhone without unlocking the handset.
The glitch was uncovered just hours after the company made its new operating system iOS 7 available to download for users with old Apple devices last Wednesday.
Videos posted online showed how to get around the new lockscreen and gain access to the owner's photographs, Twitter account and email inbox.
The bug was found to be linked to the "control centre", a new feature of iOS 7 which allows users to change volume and brightness settings as well as turn on WiFi and bluetooth.
Edited by hh5

I hate ios7

I hate he pull down/ pull up crap thing that goes on

My spell check seems to have converted it to American spelling (and I don't know how to change it)

And I would go on more about how much I hate my updated phone, but Safari is now so annoying to use that I don't want to spend any more time then I have to using safari.

In the time it took me to write that, I accidently kept flicking backwards and forwards between the pages, or pulling up that music control thingy.

Apple users are reporting another bug in the updated iOS 7, this time having to do with the messaging app.

According to posts on MacRumors’s help forums, several users have noticed that the app is acting up and forcing some to resend messages. Others say that they aren’t able to send messages over the iMessage platform, which lets Apple users send free texts and photos over WiFi networks rather than using traditional messaging plans.

Some users are also reporting that their messages seem to go through but then appear with an alert after being sent.

my nephew complaining he got sick from his new iphone

anyone got sick from UI?

Apple's new iOS 7 software is apparently making some people seasick on solid ground. Experts on motion sickness say the sharpness of the screen and the motion of the icons may be partly to blame.

Users who have upgraded to iOS 7 are reporting nausea, headaches and vertigo in a message thread that started Sept. 18 on Apple's support website.

"I just used my phone for about 20 minutes, and now I feel like I'm going to vomit," one user wrote in a comment on the site. Another said, "It's exactly how I used to get car sick if I tried to read in the car."

iOS 7 has animations and a dynamic background that were not in previous versions of the software, which is used on iPhones and iPads.

"We haven't done any experiments with this phone, but this is what I think is happening — it's definitely linked to the motion of the screen," said psychologist Frederick Bonato, of Montclair State University in New Jersey, who has studied  cybersickness. "Also, the resolution is very high, so you've got a very sharp, clear image — moving."

more bugs?

The Control Center is a feature new to iOS. It allows users to change some key settings on their iPhone quickly and easily. Researchers have discovered that the speed and ease of those changes can be manipulated to get around some of the key iOS 7 security features. According to Cnet, the bug could be used to make an iPhone easier to steal.

iOS7 Control Center bug

Apple Inc. (NASDAQ:AAPL) introduced a number of security features in iOS 7 and previous iterations that will help to prevent theft. The Control Center can be used to turn on Airplane mode easily, however, meaning that the iPhone will have no data access. That could give hackers the extra time they need to hack into the device and change passcodes in order to sell it on.

German firm SR Labs discovered the bug and posted a Youtube video detailing it for all to see. The hack is not the most dangerous ever to be contained in an operating system, but it is one that Apple Inc. (NASDAQ:AAPL) will want to make impossible in an update. This manipulation involves no skills beyond a small amount of speed and a basic knowledge of iOS 7.

Apple Inc. (AAPL)’s Motion Sensor Error: Directional Issues Arises
Written by Greg Pash on October 4, 2013

Previously, Apple Inc. (NASDAQ:AAPL)’s map faced complaints about wrong path navigation even onto active airstrips. And now facing another critical problem with its new pricy iPhone 5S’ directional potentials. The motion sensors have shown errors, and the problem might be a calibration error built into the handset or on software side. Multiple tests of iPhone 5S carried out by the staff at Gizmodo and found out that the readouts of iPhone 5S’ motion sensors are very different from the iPhone 5.

Apple Inc. (NASDAQ:AAPL)’s native compass is affected by app. There is a difference of 8 to 10 degrees compared with the iPhone 5 using iOS 7 software. The accelerometer is affecting gaming that is used to maneuver in many driving and physics-based games that work with tilting of the screen. A massive change in readouts is observed by testing the two devices’ accelerometer data.

The compass app not only displaying the iPhone 5S’ directional faults but in comparison to iPhone 5, the new inclinometer and gyroscope, available in iOS 7 that are opened by swiping left on the compass’ first screen and are, again, giving wrong information. The gyroscope on the iPhone 5S typically reads -3 degrees on flat surface and similarly the inclinometer — a feature that is activated by holding device sideways in the air — is also off by roughly 2 to 3 degrees.

Many are claiming that the problem is due to a hardware issue given the iPhone 5 and 5S running the same software display different readouts. If it hardware issue, users can solve it by changing their iPhones. In an ideal case, Apple Inc. (NASDAQ:AAPL) should identify the issue as a software problem and develop an update to potentially fix whatever calibration issue might be the reason.

Still the issue is not known but it’s not looking good for Apple’s M7 motion processor. The chip was advertised as Apple’s answer to activity-tracking apps as a data-collector without forcing users to go out and buy a Nike Inc (NYSE:NKE) FuelBand or Fitbit. Data will be collected from the accelerometer, gyroscope, and compass that mean it won’t exactly work as touted because of readout errors.

lol, apple works on bigger, msft works on smaller, android works on any size

Wall Street sizes up 13-inch iPad as Mac successor
Apple's reportedly testing larger sizes for an iPad, but what kinds of products could that open up? Barclays believes it will be a new kind of laptop replacement, and one that stacks up better with Microsoft's Surface 2.
Barclays Equity Research has an interesting theory about Apple's new 64-bit A7 chip and how it could change the future of the iPad. The gist: think bigger, both in physical size and what it can do.
In a note to investors Tuesday, the firm laid out why it believes the new 64-bit architecture paves the way for a 13-inch model of the iPad that would be aimed squarely at replacing laptops for both casual and business users. That includes some of Apple's Mac portables with more productivity features.
Such a device -- which, to be clear, is speculation on Barclays' part -- would:
Pack more RAM than current iPad models thanks to the newer 64-bit architecture
Sport a Smart Cover with a built-in keyboard and trackpad along with a battery pack to add additional running time
Cost between $600 to $800
Sound familiar? Microsoft's Surface 2 offers those same physical features with a new keyboard accessory. But that's missing the point.
"The whole iOS app ecosystem, extra-long battery life, ultraportability and user familiarity could be more compelling than a Mac if Apple made a true effort," Barclays analyst Ben Reitzes wrote. "And we believe a larger screened iPad would be a much better PC replacement than current tablets, including the Surface, and really be able to take on higher end tasks and start another wave of notebook cannibalization."

Edited by hh5

Apple stock, even if it's dropped significantly in the past year, is still worth a lot. For someone to make enough profit off of a sale of their stock, they'd need to be wealthy to begin with. Alternatively, they would have to be well off, pour all their money into the stock and hope for the best. In that case, they're foolish.

thats what apple caters to ... the rich and the near rich ... when you talk about wall street

lol, most investors don't operate on foolish ... its the foolish who invest and loose

its the rich n near rich's who will buy apple products 

its status to have the best of the best

Apple stock, even if it's dropped significantly in the past year, is still worth a lot. For someone to make enough profit off of a sale of their stock, they'd need to be wealthy to begin with. Alternatively, they would have to be well off, pour all their money into the stock and hope for the best. In that case, they're foolish.

• Site Administrator

This topic seems to be not serving any actual useful purpose to the rest of the community any more.

If you have information that you have discovered as a device or experienced with personal use of a device, please start a separate topic. To post all the different opinions on the internet doesn't really serve a purpose other then to spread rumour and unsubstantiated claims.

If you have editorial content, please start a blog.

Forum Moderation Team

Edited by wildone