[NickolasJames8] Bodega Bay 15

Wow

Powerful chapter!!

I would have never guessed that Kevins mom, and espically Billy, would come on the scene in such a big way. :devil:

I thought Billy was in jail, and either way he would be forbidden to have any contact with Kevin, as a stipulation of the disposition of his case, even if he was out on probation.

Kevins mom really dug a hole for herself, now even Kevin will have trouble getting to see her, no matter how bad he wants to. I wonder how Kevin seeing Billy will affect him in the long run, will he break down right away, or is it a long way off. Kevin has now had sex with Mark, and it was a pleasurable experience for him, so now will the memories of Billy raping him become his nightmares.?

I could see Kevin being embarassed by all the sexual abuse the he was subjected to being told to everyone, you were very thorough covering that Nick.

Pretty hot scene with Kevin and Mark.

Iam starting to think that Justin and his brother give a deeper meaning to the term "brotherly love". :wub:

Well done Nick. :2thumbs:

Ex.

Here are some thoughts from a friend.

Chapter 15 was a turning point for me in many ways. First, I finally believe that Kevin's father really loves him the way a father should. I was so impressed with the way he reacted when Kevin's mom and Billy showed up. His dad really let them have it. I was so glad he got to punch Billy and really beat the crap out of him. It will go a long way to helping Kevin heal. But, his dad was really living up to what a dad should be and I am now convinced of his love for Kevin. Then there is Mark and Kevin's dad working side by side. I was wondering what Mark was thinking about or why he was not nervous. He acted way too normal.

Second, I think the fact that Justin's family came to his family's rescue was a huge deal. It solidified so many things for Kevin. He has real friends who love him and another set of parents in a way. Then there is the fact that his secrets were all out in the open now and no one turned away instead they pulled him closer. Again, another point of healing for Kevin. Very well written and described too. We did not have to hear it over again to know what was being said. I also think that it was a huge thing for his dad. He had to come clean as to why Kevin was at his parents house instead of his and possibly why he is there as well. Kevin's dad grew a lot from this whole experience as well.

Finally, Mark and Kevin going "all the way." That has a huge significance in this story and about Kevin. Having been a victim before, this was especially healing for Kevin because Kevin is now in control. He is no longer a victim, he is winning the battle and won't let Billy win. That is huge!! He won't have nightmares, not anymore. Once you get past certain points, that goes away. There is still some emotional trauma that will never go away but he will learn to deal with that as time passes on. I like Michael's point on the fact that Kevin and Mark never seem to just talk. It does all seem to be lust but at 11 years old Kevin does not know the difference. He is to young to be dealing with lust and love like this. Mark may say the words but for a 16 year old boy, all he wants to do is get off. There is still more to him than meets the eye.

All in all, a great chapter and very well written by Nick!!! Chapter 16 should be a good one and I am looking forward to it.

Edited by Xiao_Chun
  • 4 months later...